SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link to the rumor regarding "more arrests to be made"? I can't find one and people keep speaking about it so I don't know if I missed it or not.

If you go back maybe 2 threads there is a quote by LE -around the time of the arrest-- that mentions possibly more arrest. I haven't heard or read anything since.

JMO doubtful they had or needed help with the actual crime, or afterward. Lots of people, women included, have managed to kill and hide a body all on their own, a la Melanie Maguire for one example. Alibis are another issue...some people may have thought they were being clever, swearing T or S was with them at the time, not knowing that LE would have evidence proving otherwise. I hope if people lied, they are charged as fully as possible. There is no one in my life I would lie for, where possible murder is concerned. It shows a total disregard for Heather and for justice, IMO.

JMO

I have to disagree as she now has an attorney telling her everything is going to be fine and he will find a way to get her acquitted. ;) This isn't a pleasant experience for her at all, but she probably believes him as much as she believed in the world of ole' Walt D. Plus I think we will see her being one of those clients overly involved with her law team. She is still calling some shots.

I totally agree that she will be crazy involved in her own case. But the shots that she's calling now,are very minor compared to where she was before. Her lawyer is no doubt trying to assure her that all will be fine...but TM knows exactly what she did,she knows exactly what she left in her house and what LE found there.She knows that LE has video and she spends most of her time trying to figure out what else they have and what SM is saying and doing. My point is that TM has very little control over her life right now. She's a narcissist and not being able to control every aspect of everyone and everything is making her crazy. This is more than unpleasant for her. She knows exactly what she did and now all she can do is hope that her lawyer can save her.

I think some people feel that it took some assistance in disposal to ensure she wasn't/isn't found. At least that's been my feeling, but that's simply opinion.

I haven't seen anything in MSM or even online rumor that suggests that.

Unless I've missed something too.

I don't think 2 people--the M's-- needed help to dispose of her body, that's jmoo.

i've seen many people state that TM is being contradictory by saying they had an open marriage then turning around and saying SM cheated on her. it actually isn't contradictory. usually with a couple that has this type of relationship do have boundaries. those boundaries are that it's an open relationship but that all involved know about the other person and consent to it.

if one spouse steps outside of that boundary and goes behind the other spouse's back and has a relationship without spouse knowing about it. it would then be considered cheating.

not sticking up for TM, just some info about open relationships and cheating.

I don't disagree with that, however, TM is the one that makes it contradictory in her stated emphasis that it was okay cause she had a boyfriend. I would be my bottom dollar they did not have an open relationship in her 'complicated' mind. She was running off at the mouth full speed ahead as she knew they were getting closer and closer to arresting them. She was trying to get across that there was no reason to harm HE - you know I have no problem with her since I had a beau too.

Please forgive me if this has already been asked, but what is the difference between malice aforethought and premeditated murder? I have tried googling and it has only gotten me even more confused.

Good question. I'm not sure exactly how things work in South Carolina. They have a single murder statute and a manslaughter statute. But no second degree murder statute. Here's the murder statute.

SECTION 16-3-10. "Murder" defined.

"Murder" is the killing of any person with malice aforethought, either express or implied.

And here's the manslaughter statute.

SECTION 16-3-50. Manslaughter.

A person convicted of manslaughter, or the unlawful killing of another without malice, express or implied, must be imprisoned not more than thirty years or less than two years.

In other cases that I have followed there has been first and second degree murder with premeditation being the difference between the two. SC does it different.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t16c003.php

Does anyone recall of the top of their heads when TM and SM's Facebook accounts changed to the fake lovey dovey stuff? If i am recalling correctly, SM had an account that was actually his...and not the fake"for show" stuff that was obviously penned by TM.

Does anyone recall of the top of their heads when TM and SM's Facebook accounts changed to the fake lovey dovey stuff? If i am recalling correctly, SM had an account that was actually his...and not the fake"for show" stuff that was obviously penned by TM.

I thought it was November...there were posts about their Thanksgiving on their travels...I think the while trip may have been a "kiss and make up" attempt after TM first learned about Heather. But either she found it did not satisfy, or learned the affair never ended or was resumed. JMO

I don't recall the name of the individual, but recently, there was a case of a body found in a locked garage freezer. Apparently, what had happened was that a boyfriend asked his girlfriend if he could store a locked freezer in her garage (plugged in!). She said yes & apparently never asked what was in the freezer or checked on her own. If I recall, the boyfriend then died (cancer?), leaving her with this locked freezer. Somehow, it got figured out, the police were called, & the man's frozen body was identified. (I only skim most other things these days, as I am so engrossed/obsessed with Heather's case.)

Now, there is nobody in this world for whom I would store a plugged in, locked freezer. But, maybe some people have family members or friends who would do something like that for them. Aaaaand, LE clearly can't go around searching everyone's garage freezers...

Just saying. It's a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall the name of the individual, but recently, there was a case of a body found in a locked garage freezer. Apparently, what had happened was that a boyfriend asked his girlfriend if he could store a locked freezer in her garage (plugged in!). She said yes & apparently never asked what was in the freezer or checked on her own. If I recall, the boyfriend then died (cancer?), leaving her with this locked freezer. Somehow, it got figured out, the police were called, & the man's frozen body was identified. (I only skim most other things these days, as I am so engrossed/obsessed with Heather's case.)

Now, there is nobody in this world for whom I would store a plugged in, locked freezer. But, maybe some people have family members or friends who would do something like that for them. Aaaaand, LE clearly can't go around searching everyone's garage freezers...

Just saying. It's a possibility.

Pppfffhhhtttt..... After he kicked out I'd at least be looking for the ribeyes and sirloins and chops, ya know. :seeya:

We all know where SM & TM are.

Where's Heather?

Thanks, RANCH! So basically it's all about intentions and not heat of the moment vs. planned out.

The arguments for the murder being premeditated make sense, but I'm still not so sure...

Pppfffhhhtttt..... After he kicked out I'd at least be looking for the ribeyes and sirloins and chops, ya know. :seeya:

I sent my son to check the deep freeze. He said no body, but we have about 200 popcicles in there..lol:floorlaugh:

Could someone explain to me about telephoneactivity.com? Are those actual phone calls from that particular phone listed as "reference"?

Try deleting cookies. We looked at that page recently. When I look at it with private browsing, it goes to their normal home page.

Here's a South Carolina case, "State v Kinard". Even though it's an appeal of an assault and battery with intent to kill case (ABIK), it talks about malice aforethought.

“Malice aforethought” is defined as “the requisite mental state for common-law murder” and it utilizes four possible mental states to encompass both specific and general intent to commit the crime. Black’s Law Dictionary 969 (7th ed. 1999). These four possibilities are intent to kill, intent to inflict grievous bodily harm, extremely reckless indifference to the value of human life (abandoned and malignant heart), and intent to commit a felony (felony murder rule).[3] Id. “General intent” is defined as “the state of mind required for the commission of certain common law crimes not requiring specific intent” and it “usually takes the form of recklessness . . . or negligence.” Black’s Law Dictionary 813 (7th ed. 1999)

The trial court had this in it's jury instruction.

Assault and battery with intent to kill has 4 elements. It’s an unlawful act of violent injury to the person of another accompanied with malice aforethought. …Malice is an essential element of assault and battery with intent to kill. The malice must be aforethought. Thought of just before and at the time the blow was struck. …

So what do we mean by malice? Malice imports wickedness, and it excludes any just cause or legal excuse. Malice springs from depravity, from a depraved spirit, from a heart devoid of social duty and fatally bent on mischief. It does not necessarily import ill will towards the specific person who is injured, but rather it signifies a general malignancy towards and recklessness for the life and safety of another or a condition of the mind that shows a heart devoid of social duty and fatally bent on mischief. There has to be a combination between this evil intent existing aforethought, just before and at the commission of the battery, and the act producing the battery. . . .

Now obviously, folks, malice is a state of mind. The State has to prove to you that the element of malice existed by either direct evidence or circumstantial evidence or a combination of both.

The appeal court found no error in the jury instructions.

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/opinions/displayOpinion.cfm?caseNo=4242

JMO doubtful they had or needed help with the actual crime, or afterward. Lots of people, women included, have managed to kill and hide a body all on their own, a la Melanie Maguire for one example. Alibis are another issue...some people may have thought they were being clever, swearing T or S was with them at the time, not knowing that LE would have evidence proving otherwise. I hope if people lied, they are charged as fully as possible. There is no one in my life I would lie for, where possible murder is concerned. It shows a total disregard for Heather and for justice, IMO.

JMO

I had wondered about that myself. Say if Jane Doe posted on FB that Tammy was with her the night Heather went missing and knew she had actually been murdered but never told LE that. Could she be charged with anything?

I can't imagine them ever telling where Heather is...but maybe after many more days they will start telling on each other

I had wondered about that myself. Say if Jane Doe posted on FB that Tammy was with her the night Heather went missing and knew she had actually been murdered but never told LE that. Could she be charged with anything?

Probably only if she lied directly to LE, I would guess.

I don't disagree with that, however, TM is the one that makes it contradictory in her stated emphasis that it was okay cause she had a boyfriend. I would be my bottom dollar they did not have an open relationship in her 'complicated' mind. She was running off at the mouth full speed ahead as she knew they were getting closer and closer to arresting them. She was trying to get across that there was no reason to harm HE - you know I have no problem with her since I had a beau too.

ITA... However, where she went wrong trying to prove her point was when she let her true feelings get in the way by referring to Heather as "some *advertiser censored*" and by saying she wasn't about to let anything happen to her family because "her husband screwed some hoe in the back seat of a car three times."

It makes it extremely hard to believe someone who in a nutshell said...
I could care less about my husband's affair. But she's a *advertiser censored*. And I had my own boyfriend. But she's a hoe.

I also find it telling that she said "my stupid husband cheated on me with some *advertiser censored* who has since gone missing therefore making Sidney stupid." What was Sidney doing that she felt was so stupid she had to reiterate that fact by using the word twice? How was he behaving? Was he freaking out? Was he expressing the need to come clean to the cops? Was he expressing feelings of remorse and guilt? I, for one, would LOVE to know.

obstruction of justice, for starters

ETA ohhhhh backing up, I see... posting it, but it's questionable if she told le that? whew, idk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member