SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I read the article and I think it said "Most" were threats against them via social media threats like you indicated.

Of those 39, I would not doubt if some calls were due to infighting in the house to the point of potential violence in that house.

When that reporter went to the door, SM's attitude was pretty revealing. I think the stress in that house must have been at a boiling point for quite some time after Heather got disappeared.

good point..they also called police for the alleged white pick up near their property, as we saw on their home surveillance system

:facepalm:mad:"boring traditional wedding at a church" In my opinion, not only is it an insult to all those who've had a traditional wedding at a church, but also an insult to her family, inlaws and SM! In my opinion, what a tactless thing to say! BUT given what we know about her now it's really not surprising!

Thanks for the link! :biggrin:

From some of her posts on the Disboards, I think TM regrets not having a destination wedding at WDW. Seems to be envious of others who did.

But I don't think that surprises anyone either, lol.

Could someone help me find the article that said something like LE gathered evidence by means they wouldn't reveal because it's a new investigative tool that's a secret. Basically that. I mentioned it to my husband and he said just this week he read an article about NSA recording every single phone conversation for the whole country, and then being able to listen to those conversations later.

Could someone help me find the article that said something like LE gathered evidence by means they wouldn't reveal because it's a new investigative tool that's a secret. Basically that. I mentioned it to my husband and he said just this week he read an article about NSA recording every single phone conversation for the whole country, and then being able to listen to those conversations later.

I can't remember the article, but I do remember someone commenting on it and wondering if they had planted a bug in their house when they went in December. Maybe that will help someone remember the article.

There is also this from Feb. 24-25th that makes me believe the DNA was in deed Heather's and that is why there were charged with her murder:

Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes said police located evidence inside the Moorers' home and on their property during the search Friday that gave them probable cause for the murder charge.

"We had a good amount of evidence and the stuff HCPD found, added to that evidence," said Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.

"We have not located Heather," Chief Rhodes said. "That is something that we are still looking for." Chief Rhodes said the investigation is still ongoing, but evidence located on the property led to the charge of murder.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

SM is a "great cook" and mystery meat left sitting on the counter.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/17/4102511/horry-county-denies-request-for.html

Horry County spokeswoman Lisa Bourcier said the results of the search warrants are exempt under state law because the information is to be used in a prospective law enforcement action or it would disclose investigatory techniques not otherwise known outside of the government.

Although a gun could fit & be direct evidence if a shell was found at PTL and match to a gun of the compound, I have problems thinking a gun was involved because of:

- Seemingly lack of obvious blood evidence at PTL
- Those trailers are so close and not very sound proof
- Quiet area that lacks traffic noise, I think would make a shot more noticeable

Then I think of the pic TM posted after the murder that shows them with TM pointing a gun & think TM is taunting so...IDK, but I am confused why anyone thinks she couldn't have been shot, stabbed or strangle in minutes?

I do not understand why if the police report says Heather was killed at PTL, people keep coming up with theories where she was killed elsewhere. Do people think the police report is lying? It's like people don't understand how the murder could happen in about 3 minutes, so they figure it had to have happened somewhere else. And I do think it makes more sense that she was kidnapped from PTL, but the police report says she was killed there.

I wonder if they found evidence she was killed in the truck, and were not able to find any evidence that she was killed in their home, so they mean she was killed in the truck at PTL?

I really do not think LE found evidence Heather was killed at their house. Didn't Tammy allow them to search the home a day later? Also, after the big search, I remember a quote by LE that said how the search helped to tie up some loose ends, but there was nothing significant found. Another thing is, LE seems to think Heather's body was dumped in the water at PTL, and why would you go back to where the victim's car is? It makes more sense for them to have killed Heather at PTL, and dumped her body immediately afterwards.

I think that LE does not have much physical evidence Heather is dead (People have speculated they could have found Heather's DNA (?) in the gun barrel (?) or something like that but LE says they do not know how she was killed) but are instead going to use the fact that she was very active on SM before this, no use of credit cards, had a very fulfilling life here, would not just get up and leave, to convince a jury she is dead.

BBM

Has this ever been established? It has been repeated on Websleuths several times. I know TM said it on her social media page, but I don't recall reading it anywhere else. LE probably went to the Moorer home and asked some questions, but that doesn't constitute a search.

Has this ever been established? It has been repeated on Websleuths several times. I know TM said it on her social media page, but I don't recall reading it anywhere else. LE probably went to the Moorer home and asked some questions, but that doesn't constitute a search.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/18/4104390/testimony-weaves-a-tale-of-how.html

Investigators went to the Moorer home on Dec. 19 and the couple allowed officers to check the house and camper, but nothing was found, McCollum said.

From some of her posts on the Disboards, I think TM regrets not having a destination wedding at WDW. Seems to be envious of others who did.

But I don't think that surprises anyone either, lol.
TM really does my head in especially when reading her posts over there on the Disboards. I don't know why someone didn't say to her "Well what's to stop you from renewing your vows at WDW? Obviously money isn't an issue! OR does your husband not want to renew his vows?" Ohhh SNAP!!! lol

*Ponders* I think we're discussing this in the wrong thread! Mods, sorry in advance if we are!!

Someone mentioned trying to find a link to the One Tree Hill show since TM was an addict.
I'm now very concerned that my daughter is a OTH fan as well. She has all the seasons, has seen each episode many times, we've visited Wilmington to see the location of certain houses they use, and the river court, and we've stood around watching them shoot scenes when we stumbled upon filming by accident when we were down there.
So I'm going to enlist my daughters help to see if I give her the few details we have if she can think of a similarity to an episode of the show or some storyline. It's worth a shot. That show is filled with crazy characters and crazier storylines.

I know this storyline. Spoilers if you want to watch the series.

Nanny Carrie kept a little boy named Jamie Scott. She got very obsessed with his family and kidnapped Jamie. Dan Scott, Jamie's grandfather, stopped her from the kidnapping and threatened to kill her if she came near him again. And at this point, Dan was out of jail for killing his brother, so not an idle threat.

So flash forward a couple of seasons. Dan is on his way into the hospital to get a heart transplant. He helped some old people up on the sidewalk and then a car came flying up and run him over. We find out that Nanny Carrie was driving the car. After she hit him, she scooped him up and took him back to her house. She had a room decorated like a hospital room, so when Dan woke up, he thought he was at the hospital (having no idea yet about Nanny Carrie). Nanny Carrie is playing nurse to him, except she's holding him hostage and torturing him in lots of different ways. He eventually gets busted out of there and they heroically, soap opera-y way, kill Nanny Carrie.

Very over the top storyline, but I was a sucker for that show. I can see how people see similarities between it and this story. I just hope to God Heather didn't go through anything like that.

watching LMN now, about Drew Peterson's wife who went missing...they never found her body and wasn't he convicted of her murder? i think there is hope for the prosecutions case here

Although a gun could fit & be direct evidence if a shell was found at PTL and match to a gun of the compound, I have problems thinking a gun was involved because of:

- Seemingly lack of obvious blood evidence at PTL
- Those trailers are so close and not very sound proof
- Quiet area that lacks traffic noise, I think would make a shot more noticeable

Then I think of the pic TM posted after the murder that shows them with TM pointing a gun & think TM is taunting so...IDK, but I am confused why anyone thinks she couldn't have been shot, stabbed or strangle in minutes?

Perhaps someone put a bullet through the cellphone at 3:41 and they matched the shell casing to a weapon at the house.

posted by TedMac upthread:

quote: "Has this ever been established? It has been repeated on Websleuths several times. I know TM said it on her social media page, but I don't recall reading it anywhere else. LE probably went to the Moorer home and asked some questions, but that doesn't constitute a search."

notice they did not check the car...at that point i believe the surveillance videos were in the process of being searched and or warrants for them were being executed, etc...so...when they were arrested LE stated they found evidence in the home and on the property...the car was what they must have been referring to when they said property, after viewing the surveillance videos

watching LMN now, about Drew Peterson's wife who went missing...they never found her body and wasn't he convicted of her murder? i think there is hope for the prosecutions case here

No...he was convicted of murdering a different wife, in the bathtub. No charges on Stacey.

Wow. You are fast. For the 1st question, I was looking and looking and by the time I found it, you had already answered that question and this second one too. LOL

If we ever need anything for this case, we know who to ask. LOL

Seriously, thank you for your great timeline and all you do for WS and these cases.

And while I am at it, I just want to thank everyone here for the great discussions and interesting posts. Especially the past 10 pages or so today. There has been some real interesting theories today.

BBM

Keep in mind what law enforcement says and what they can prove might be two different things..I think that statement by LE fills in the gap in a story line they will have to prove in court. How they could discount HE being rendered defenseless and taken away from PTL as opposed to be killed on site would make you think they have unshakeable proof. If they don't the defense will rip into any weakness in the storyline. Did the video from the business and home show Heathers car?

From my personal experience of living by all types of water for many years, you can't just throw a body in and it sinks and disappears forever, conveniently.

If they planned to murder Heather and throw her in the water, I think they would have taken something to weigh her down, from their own yard. If they are familiar with water. Or been foolish enough to buy something at Walmart/Home Depot in advance. I wonder if LE asked the local Home Depot (if there is one) for surveillance? I hear they keep very good records.

I just learned today there is a plane at our local airport that flies around listening to phone calls! scuse me but WTF!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I know this storyline. Spoilers if you want to watch the series.

Nanny Carrie kept a little boy named Jamie Scott. She got very obsessed with his family and kidnapped Jamie. Dan Scott, Jamie's grandfather, stopped her from the kidnapping and threatened to kill her if she came near him again. And at this point, Dan was out of jail for killing his brother, so not an idle threat.

So flash forward a couple of seasons. Dan is on his way into the hospital to get a heart transplant. He helped some old people up on the sidewalk and then a car came flying up and run him over. We find out that Nanny Carrie was driving the car. After she hit him, she scooped him up and took him back to her house. She had a room decorated like a hospital room, so when Dan woke up, he thought he was at the hospital (having no idea yet about Nanny Carrie). Nanny Carrie is playing nurse to him, except she's holding him hostage and torturing him in lots of different ways. He eventually gets busted out of there and they heroically, soap opera-y way, kill Nanny Carrie.

Very over the top storyline, but I was a sucker for that show. I can see how people see similarities between it and this story. I just hope to God Heather didn't go through anything like that.

The house was built, according to Tammy, using their very own drawings, and built by them too. Wonder if those drawings have a secret room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd