SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't think anyone doubts that LE has worked this case. For my own part, I'm taking what LE itself has said and reasoning that we are not likely to hear of brain matter and blood or spatter or other physical indications of murder at PTL or anywhere else. LE said the evidence at the house/property was what led to the murder charges. Not what was found at PTL, the murder scene. I think we will discover that this is entirely a circumstantial case with little physical evidence of a killing, and a lot of events and crossing paths and TM trails of rage and obsession, a meeting at that landing, an abandoned car, all joined with the fact that Heather has not been heard from for three months.

This may well be enough and then some to get them convicted. But we don't know how the defense will respond and if they can get some reasonable doubt into the heads of jurors, it might not be enough.

I also think, FWIW, that because we care about Heather as a victim and we are pro-LE and prosecution when it comes to these horrible crimes, and because we can see into the circumstances that led to a victim's ending, we err on the side of a guilty verdict. The M's are clearly guilty and there's a trail to support that, right? I think so. But I also try to think like the attys and the jury and even the perps, and I ask myself, if I was presented with this case as we know it right now, and the defense planted reasonable doubt, would it make logical and legal sense to convict?

Right now, there is too much we don't know, and I still have a lot of questions about how this could have gone down, and in particular, where did they put Heather and why is she so hard to find? And does her absence pose as many problems for the prosecution as it does evidence that she's likely dead?

Trials are double-edged swords. JMO

JMO...it's usually the last people in contact with the victim who are focused on...in this case i hear of no other person/persons who have any motive to harm Heather...Heather was on social media a lot...even updating her tumblr acct that very morning...then she is no longer heard from...she has no reason to runaway...she had just enjoyed a date...where is heather? it makes sense that she went "poof" along with her phone...it makes sense that the person/people who are responsible had a motive to kill her; jealousy; rage, and harass her with sexually explicit photos sent to her around her the time of her killing - i can put two and two together and come to a conclusion that she is dead and the M's are responsible; and this is from what i have only seen presented at the bond hearing

If SM cooperates and leads LE to Heather...then I will view him in a more humane way; but if he walks into that courtroom and stonewalls to protect his wife and himself, then...no matter how this happened...let him share the same exact punishment.

He has a choice to make and he needs to make it NOW.

If he does this, short of TM holding a gun on him while she killed Heather, and his confession flowing from his PTSD therapy sessions, his spill to LE would likely be just a quid pro quo with the state and would not, in my view, make him anything but a last chance self-serving negotiator.

The house was built, according to Tammy, using their very own drawings, and built by them too. Wonder if those drawings have a secret room?

it better have a freezer in there otherwise the stench would be overpowering...

The house was built, according to Tammy, using their very own drawings, and built by them too. Wonder if those drawings have a secret room?

Where they keep the whips, the handcuffs, the rubber suits, ball gags and kidnapped princesses. A dungeon. My imagination runneth over but they seem like the kind of folks to want/have one.

JMO...it's usually the last people in contact with the victim who are focused on...in this case i hear of no other person/persons who have any motive to harm Heather...Heather was on social media a lot...even updating her tumblr acct that very morning...then she is no longer heard from...she has no reason to runaway...she had just enjoyed a date...where is heather? it makes sense that she went "poof" along with her phone...it makes sense that the person/people who are responsible had a motive to kill her; jealousy; rage, and harass her with sexually explicit photos sent to her around her the time of her killing - i can put two and two together and come to a conclusion that she is dead and the M's are responsible; and this is from what i have only seen presented at the bond hearing

Yes, I said the Moorer's are guilty, IMO, based on what we know.

But where is Heather? And she was murdered how? And the evidence of that is what?

This is what the defense will be asking to see proof of at trial.

Meanwhile, the family does not get to lay their loved one to rest because Heather is still missing.

Does she mean they added onto the existing house using their own remodeling plans?

A few things that stick out most of all are the lack of photos and the spontaneity of the trip. She hadn't mentioned it before and then all of the sudden they're driving across country. There were people in every state that they would have traveled through that was asking them to visit and she said they would and then she is giving reasons on the way back how they couldn't, that things had come up and she was ready to be home. Also, when reading the timeline presented Monday, it said they returned home on the 11th. I feel almost certain that she was still posting like they were on the way home on the 15th or 16th. I remember her posting that she was in one state (I think Texas) and then just mere hours later she was home. I thought they had gotten home so fast. I guess if she was already home but making it to look like she was not, that would explain some of that.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I hope LE looked at the M's phone records from the time of this trip and can tell where they actually were, and when. Perhaps they did plan the whole thing, and were busy preparing a place to hide her?

Does she mean they added onto the existing house using their own remodeling plans?

Tammy goes on and on about how they built their house themselves, using their drawings. Weird paranoid person that she is would want a safe room, correct?

Yes, I said the Moorer's are guilty, IMO, based on what we know.

But where is Heather? And she was murdered how? And the evidence of that is what?

This is what the defense will be asking to see proof of at trial.

Meanwhile, the family does not get to lay their loved one to rest because Heather is still missing.

LE has stated in one of the articles that we may NEVER know how Heather died. i am okay with that. i am a person who could still convict someone base on all the circumstantial evidence, i don't need a body - just sayin'

I just learned today there is a plane at our local airport that flies around listening to phone calls! scuse me but WTF!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

When I bought my scanner for Nascar races, I was shocked when I started using it to scan random frequencies. I started to pickup my neighbor's cell phone conversations.

I have to admit at first it was real exciting and I would spend days listening to my scanner trying to catch the next phone call. Then after awhile, the thrill of hearing what they had for dinner last night kind of wore off. LOL

But seriously, it is was very concerning to think how easily I could overhear their personal conversations and then immediately thought others could easily do that to me too. I was able to pickup many other random calls too from cell phones.

It was interesting too that I think Cell Phone companies caught on to this because after about a year, the telephone conversations started to skip over to a new frequency and continue the same call on a new frequency. So what they were doing is automatically skipping to random frequencies for the same call to prevent scanners from locking in on one frequency.

It was in the 800-900 Mghz (megahertz) range if I remember correctly.

She handcuffed him to the bed. 0.0

I'm starting to wonder if TM has been holding a murder/suicide over SM's head since Dec 18th. I can't begin to imagine the stress levels in that house.

Also wondering if SM is basically in protective custody and they think someone else is involved. I noticed the children were in the custody of their grandmother. Does she live with the grandfather? Are they even referring to TM's mother at all?

Will there be a bombshell - like TM goes to trial first, SM's charges are suddenly dropped and it's revealed he tried to run but TM caught up with him and had him handcuffed the whole time?

Good grief.

BBM...I just read a blog post from a site that probably can't be discussed or linked to that said she did just this in November before their trip. It was posted today, link shared on one of the FB pages.

Where do they get that kind of information?!

Maybe HE was communicating with someone, maybe SM, via social media during the almost two hours that lapsed from the pay phone call until HE calls SM phone. This would make more sense than waiting an hour to call pay phone and another 45 min to call SM phone.

I don't know what time she was posting on tumblr, but perhaps that's what she was doing during that time.

Tammy goes on and on about how they built their house themselves, using their drawings. Weird paranoid person that she is would want a safe room, correct?

I'd think so. But maybe she wasn't that paranoid until Sidney cheated on her, therefore maybe she didn't think about a safe room? Idk. It's confusing to me how she says she and Sidney built their house with their own plans but its actually a remodel add-on to an existing structure...at least that's what I read.

I've missed alot and trying to catch up. Can somebody let me now what was found out about the ATM where they withdrew 5 grand? Has that been released? I'm wondering its location.

Death Penalty

“If they were able to secure a kidnapping conviction in addition to a murder conviction, they could seek the death penalty,” Miller said.

Richardson said his office won’t use the death penalty as a tool in the trial.

“We certainly don’t take anything like death penalty lightly,” he said. “Just to throw that out to gain some sort of advantage, we’re not going to do that.”

If prosecutors seek the death penalty in the future, Miller said that sentence would be for a jury to decide unless the defendant pleads guilty. In the case of a plea, Miller said it would be a judge’s decision.

I wondered that. On the day they were first arrested, there was something being said somewhere about thermal imaging... ? I wondered if LE was checking to make sure the Ms weren't holding Heather captive somewhere on the premises, just in case. But, honestly, I really don't know what the thermal imaging was about.

I hope LE looked at the M's phone records from the time of this trip and can tell where they actually were, and when. Perhaps they did plan the whole thing, and were busy preparing a place to hide her?

Earlier on the DisBlogs (Mar or May??) TM had mentioned about a trip to CA at years end and stopping by to see family in CO.I somehow got the impression that the camper was bought and Disney-fied for this upcoming trip??
I'd be interested in wondering if they made any purchases like a new toolbox (maybe so they could fill up old one & dispose) or any other items. There wouldn't necessarily be any records if they paid cash.
If they took their fancy new 2013 Ford F150 it seems like they had all the bells & whistles on it. That means On-Star,etc..so I bet LE has their hands on all their travel data & locations..

I wondered that. On the day they were first arrested, there was something being said somewhere about thermal imaging... ? I wondered if LE was checking to make sure the Ms weren't holding Heather captive somewhere on the premises, just in case. But, honestly, I really don't know what the thermal imaging was about.

I remember this! It was either right before or right after the search that was done right by their house. Do you remember that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks