SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found the strange "like" referred to earlier on HE's FB photo from Nov 20. If there's something to it, I wonder why the choice of FB user name?

what's the story about the trailer without tail lights? Why was that mentioned early on?

Family was asking if anyone saw a pontoon boat on a trailer w/o tail lights. I think someone must have reported seeing it in the vicinity of the landing and perhaps they were wanting to find out if anyone else saw it.

I thought I read a quote by either Chief of Police or Terry Elvis (most likely C of P) that nothing useful has come from reviewing video so far.
Last I saw is when NG interviewed the MB Journalist who said the only thing police reports said is something about a business with a drive through. The parents said LE is going through videos still (at the time of the NG interview)

That is what I was saying. But the person I was responding to said that on her own bill it came up with a time that was for the opposite person's time zone. Even when they were visiting her. So if it is the same with HE's carrier and showed on her bill as 3:41 then it could have been later here. Won't know until we know if the number is local. Or even a text, because moo is it was a call based on wording by LE.

It doesn't have to do with where it was purchased. Has to do with numbers.

But we were talking about text. Not SM

She went to Doctors Care which is an emergency doctors office not affiliated with the hospital. Mostly used for things that need seen right away but aren't really needing a full hospital. I went once when I was very sick and the meds my doctor gave me weren't working and it was after hours. They tested for mono and step and ended up giving me two shots and 3 new prescriptions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

In response to your response about SM time stamps, and phone/text time stamps,
I think kimi(I can't remember the rest of her extended user name and tapatalk won't let me see, sorry) may have been referring to the posts about the FB page that was set up a few days before HE went missing and liked a photo of hers before she went missing and speculation was made as to how logically that could happen innocently and someone said the FB date may be inaccurate, then the info about SM time stamps was shared sometime later down thread that's how I interpreted this info to be in reference to but maybe I've misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree to some extent in that someone can portray themselves to be whoever they want to be on SM and that portrayal may or may not match up to the person in real life.
But I also think SM does contain facts as well especially when pictures are linked.

I believe that facts are important in this case and I also think who HE portrayed herself to be (whether or not it matches who she truly was) is also important because people around her read her posts and that matters
and could shed a glimpse into who may or may not have had something to do with this.
All things must be considered in looking for this girl.
Her SM paints a very different picture than her parents give. And that is okay--she is a 20 year old girl.
But to simply consider one or the other is a mistake in my opinion. You cannot get the entire picture by only viewing a part of her life. As stated SM is huge and a very big part of young people's lives so to not give much credence to it would be to miss a big piece of the puzzle. IMO
If nothing else SM definitely gives us a glimpse of the persons state of mind at the time of a post. Whether it's a statement or a song lyric or a future plan it tells you where their focus is. I also realize that focus could change in the next minute.
All just my thoughts.

I do not wholly disagree with you. BBM:A creative writing assignment also gives us a glimpse into a person's state of mind and it may reflect some of the opinions and feelings of an individual, but it in no way tells you what that person really is all about. SM can be like online gaming, where you think you are playing with an 18 year old girl, but you are really playing with a 40 year old man. While I agree that SM should not be ignored, it should be taken with a grain of salt. What people present in SM is sometimes what they wish they were, sometimes really themselves, sometimes what they aspire to be, sometimes a sardonic character that is just making fun of the rest of the SM world,and sometimes a sound bite of the actual person, not to mention several other facets of any given person's personality.

It is important to know what she wrote, how someone who was a "friend" might have interpreted that information, and if that information could have contributed to anything that happened when she disappeared, but things appear in SM accounts that people sometimes have not much to do with. People sometimes send my daughter things on facebook, and she will make a glib comment on it. She just thought her response was funny (and it usually is), but she has no real interest in what she commented on and her friends know that. Strangers reading the same comment would get something completely different out of it. Unless you know the person, you will not know why they posted something, whether because they were interested in it, because they were responding to a friend, because there were being sarcastic, or because somebody else got hold of their phone on several occasions and posted all that stuff without that person's knowledge. (Don't ask me how I know this).

Overall, though, I find the tone of her Tumblr, especially, concerning, JMO. At least, in a way that could show depression/confusion.

HE mentioned nerve damage pain on her Twitter account. I could be wrong, but I also got the impression she was accusing someone of pushing her down the stairs. I don't know how that might affect who was responsible for her medical bills.

Can you elaborate more why you think maybe she was thinking someone pushed her to cause the fall?

What I am wondering is if this is true and she had told restarant management that someone else gave her a slight push like maybe in horseplay or something, then maybe the other person got in trouble, like either fired or just in trouble with managers, and that would be a person to look at as far as a possible motive.

Or even if a patron pushed her, maybe the patron's info was taken, and then they received someething in the mail regarding the insurance medical claims. That type of person would also be mad if something like that happened to them.

I do not wholly disagree with you. BBM:A creative writing assignment also gives us a glimpse into a person's state of mind and it may reflect some of the opinions and feelings of an individual, but it in no way tells you what that person really is all about. SM can be like online gaming, where you think you are playing with an 18 year old girl, but you are really playing with a 40 year old man. While I agree that SM should not be ignored, it should be taken with a grain of salt. What people present in SM is sometimes what they wish they were, sometimes really themselves, sometimes what they aspire to be, sometimes a sardonic character that is just making fun of the rest of the SM world,and sometimes a sound bite of the actual person, not to mention several other facets of any given person's personality.

It is important to know what she wrote, how someone who was a "friend" might have interpreted that information, and if that information could have contributed to anything that happened when she disappeared, but things appear in SM accounts that people sometimes have not much to do with. People sometimes send my daughter things on facebook, and she will make a glib comment on it. She just thought her response was funny (and it usually is), but she has no real interest in what she commented on and her friends know that. Strangers reading the same comment would get something completely different out of it. Unless you know the person, you will not know why they posted something, whether because they were interested in it, because they were responding to a friend, because there were being sarcastic, or because somebody else got hold of their phone on several occasions and posted all that stuff without that person's knowledge. (Don't ask me how I know this).

I think we actually agree :)

Just as it may not represent the true person it is what they've put out there to the SM world and a "friend" who is really a stranger or acquaintance could perceive the person to be something they aren't and could have had something to do with her disappearance. Or there could be facts there that lead to her disappearance.

I think this is what you and I have both said in many more words :)

That is what I was saying. But the person I was responding to said that on her own bill it came up with a time that was for the opposite person's time zone. Even when they were visiting her. So if it is the same with HE's carrier and showed on her bill as 3:41 then it could have been later here. Won't know until we know if the number is local. Or even a text, because moo is it was a call based on wording by LE.

It doesn't have to do with where it was purchased. Has to do with numbers.

But we were talking about text. Not SM

She went to Doctors Care which is an emergency doctors office not affiliated with the hospital. Mostly used for things that need seen right away but aren't really needing a full hospital. I went once when I was very sick and the meds my doctor gave me weren't working and it was after hours. They tested for mono and step and ended up giving me two shots and 3 new prescriptions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Is this how she got all the bruises in the picture in TKilt outfit???? Same time frame???

IMO, if she had issues with anyone at work, or among groups of friends, LE should know all of that by now. So either a person or persons would have emerged as possible POI's, IMO, or we are looking at a random predator who she had the misfortune to encounter when she set out again (assuming she did), or she is not a crime victim. Three options, really, as far as I can tell. Hoping LE is closer to narrowing down the most likely by now.

That last communication seems to be crucial, if it got her out of the house. But certainly, LE should know that by now, going on four weeks later.

JMO

IMO, if she had issues with anyone at work, or among groups of friends, LE should know all of that by now. So either a person or persons would have emerged as possible POI's, IMO, or we are looking at a random predator who she had the misfortune to encounter when she set out again (assuming she did), or she is not a crime victim. Three options, really, as far as I can tell. Hoping LE is closer to narrowing down the most likely by now.

That last communication seems to be crucial, if it got her out of the house. But certainly, LE should know that by now, going on four weeks later.

JMO

I understand and for the most part agree, however, I am beginning to think that fall at work, and all those medical bills are a much bigger deal than what I first thought. Maybe insurance letter communication happened and nobody is even aware of a 3rd party person that may have become upset

Insurance companies are notorious for doing everything in their power NOT to pay claims, so if there was any way they can try to force the bills onto a 3rd party, that would be something they would pursue. And if a 3rd party acted all nice and like it is "no big deal", but then when they got the bills or the formal letters from the insurance company with some large dollar amounts, they may be really upset, and that would be a possible motive.

After going to a doctor for certain injury type things, almost every time, I then receive an insurance letter asking me if a 3rd party caused my injury. If you dont respond just right on those letters, they immediately think a 3rd party can be held responsible. I am sure they would then send a letter to this 3rd party and begin to try to collect if it applies. Maybe some letter communication just started happening and nobody is aware of a 3rd party involved.

Along these same lines, even if a 3rd party was not involved with the fall she took., is it possible that a restarant manager has now become very upset with her due to the manager getting blamed for the fall happening on his watch.

Just beginning to think that her fall became a very expensive and big deal at the restarant.

But where is she? I don't mean to be morbid...

Most coastal fishermen keep big chest freezers.
Have they checked storage unit purchases the days after she went missing?
Or maybe checked covered boats in the area? Boat storage places?

I understand and for the most part agree, however, I am beginning to think that fall at work, and all those medical bills are a much bigger deal than what I first thought. Maybe insurance letter communication happened and nobody is even aware of a 3rd party person that may have become upset

Insurance companies are notorious for doing everything in their power NOT to pay claims, so if there was any way they can try to force the bills onto a 3rd party, that would be something they would pursue. And if a 3rd party acted all nice and like it is "no big deal", but then when they got the bills or the formal letters from the insurance company with some large dollar amounts, they may be really upset, and that would be a possible motive.

After going to a doctor for certain injury type things, almost every time, I then receive an insurance letter asking me if a 3rd party caused my injury. If you dont respond just right on those letters, they immediately think a 3rd party can be held responsible. I am sure they would then send a letter to this 3rd party and begin to try to collect if it applies. Maybe some letter communication just started happening and nobody is aware of a 3rd party involved.

Along these same lines, even if a 3rd party was not involved with the fall she took., is it possible that a restarant manager has now become very upset with her due to the manager getting blamed for the fall happening on his watch.

Just beginning to think that her fall became a very expensive and big deal at the restarant.

IF her injury has anything to do with her disappearance (I do not think it does, JMO) that would fall under problems with someone at work, in my three theories. But if her medical bills predates the fall, I do not think the fall is an issue here.

I think they would have fired her(drinking/drugs on the job) if that was true.

Or...

IF... Big IF here, of course...

They may have required she attend drug classes if it was a first "offense"...

Just a thought...

The twitter post about the medical bills is from march 2013, fall down stairs was August 2013-sorry if this was already addressed just catching up.

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

To get medical bills in March, the visit to hospital and doctor would be in Jan/Feb??? I am just now getting a bill for surgery back in Nov that insurance didn't pay correctly (due to the office lady) LOL
anything in her tweets from Dec. Jan. Feb about health?

As we saw on VINE, HE is a risk taker........driving all alone while taking a video on a lonely dark road with her gas tank on empty.........did she also take risks with her health? relationships? speeding? other aspects of her life?

im on my phone 99% of the time, soooo often depends on only what's posted. not much has been posted re: bw. might have to fight the toddler for my laptop...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Toddler..lol..kids and technology these days

I am new to this case. It grabbed my attention because I went to Myrtle Beach in 2010. I wanted to see how far it was she went missing from where I stayed. The pub that she went to was the closest as it was 5 minutes from my hotel. Anyways I don't know if this has been mentioned or not and I'm sure it has before but I wonder if someone drove her car to where it was left and then put her body elsewhere? I don't want to be negative but this case doesn't sound good to me especially if they are doing ground searches for her.

The article above ^^^^^ indicates cosmetology was a new interest of hers...so are we sure she really has her license? That does not make much sense. Anyway, probably not important.

I was driving back from Conway to Myrtle Beach today down HWY 501. I started looking for those traffic cams. I started at Coastal Carolina University and there is traffic cam at least every half mile all the way past HE's condo to the exit to Hwy 17 Bypass and two more going to Broadway at the Beach where TK is located. IF those traffic cams record, there is no way her car could not be found on those the recordings! I had never noticed before how many there are on our roads!! And if they record I would imagine they have the technology to zoom in on an image and tell who is driving. MOO

Attachments

• image[1].jpeg
    image[1].jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 40
  • image_1[1].jpeg
    image_1[1].jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image_3[1].jpeg
    image_3[1].jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 35
  • image_4[1].jpeg
    image_4[1].jpeg