SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

I am really, truly amazed that Johnny has not been found. I hate to think the worst, but it is hard to feel positive when a man seemingly just walks off into the unknown, and cannot make his way home. I truly don't believe he wants to be separated from his family. This is a sad, sad case.

I have no idea what to believe anymore and am confused about whether that is intentional or not.

The only certainty that I feel comfortable with is the knowledge that my prayers will continue until I hear the end of this story.

I have no idea what to believe anymore and am confused about whether that is intentional or not.

The only certainty that I feel comfortable with is the knowledge that my prayers will continue until I hear the end of this story.

That is a good certainty. Prayer is powerful.

I still check on Mr. Brown all the time. Please come home.

There was a pretty long, updated newspaper article on Johnny.
It was for Feb 15, 2013

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/02/15/3331868/georgia-family-searches-for-man.html

None of their searches were successful. In December, his younger sister Julie Adams said they hired Don Myers, with 10-4 PI, a private investigator service based in Myrtle Beach.
Myers, too, said he hasn’t found any concrete leads to Brown’s whereabouts. There have been reported sightings, but none were credible since Aug. 4, he said.
Six months later, his parents, sisters and brothers are still searching. They returned Friday to the Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort where they last saw him hoping to spot him again.
“We’re going to search ourselves,” Adams said. “See if we can sight him for ourselves. He may have changed a lot by now. May have facial hair, may have gained or lost weight.”

The family goes back to Georgia Sunday, but said if their search this weekend isn’t successful they’ll be back soon to try again.
His younger brother, Roy Brown, said it’s possible Johnny may have forgotten his family’s phone numbers and said he doesn’t have a cell phone.
Anyone who may have information about Johnny Brown’s whereabouts can call Myrtle Beach police at 918-1382. The private investigator, Myers, can be reached at 222-2265.

I still check on Mr. Brown all the time. Please come home.

There was a pretty long, updated newspaper article on Johnny.
It was for Feb 15, 2013

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/02/15/3331868/georgia-family-searches-for-man.html

Thanks for posting this article. I found this to be interesting.

His father, John, a pastor who Johnny called “Rev,” said they always knew when he was close to home because his dog would start barking for him.
“Sometimes I think if that dog would just give me that bark, we’d know Johnny was outside,” Ruby Brown said.

I wonder if the dog could find Johnny or at least find a scent of him?

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ia-family-searches-for-man.html#storylink=cpy

Rolling, thanks for posting the new article. I'm still thinking about Johnny too...

If i was the family I think I would take the dog up there, what harm would it do?
I still never understood why a Silver Alert was never issued.
Interesting, the PI is ex FBI. (googled him)

I still look for Johnny every single time I'm out and about. I've stopped and talked with several men who resembled him. I have not forgotten about him--I just don't know what to say about it that hasn't already been said.

I'm glad that his family has hired a PI and have been back to search. I wonder if they made any new flyers and put them up while they were here. I haven't seen any.

I will continue to look for him and to ask questions of anyone who even remotely looks like him, but that's all I am able to do at this point. Hopefully, the family and the PI will get some new leads soon.

I haven't followed this case on a reguar basis, but does his family think he could sustain living on his own?

I haven't followed this case on a reguar basis, but does his family think he could sustain living on his own?

I don't think we've ever gotten a clear picture about that. It seems he had some life skills, and they were clearly confident on his ability to navigate on his own around the area they were visiting. But, given the outcome, or at least the lack of communication after an initial phone call, it is definitely questionable whether that confidence may have been unfounded. Does that make sense? :waitasec:

What about financially? Maybe I'm missing something here, but there haven't been sightings and with this being a special needs person, it doesn't add up. At all.

What about financially? Maybe I'm missing something here, but there haven't been sightings and with this being a special needs person, it doesn't add up. At all.

I don't recall much about that- maybe he could do some odd jobs? Not sure. It sure doesn't add up- you're right about that. The whole thing doesn't add up. Are you suspecting foul play?

Ah damn, had to take a break from Websleuths and other extra-curricular activities for a bit but have been thinking of Johnny during that time. It breaks my heart that we still have no news, that he is still missing. My thoughts & prayers are with Johnny & his family, let's hope we get some good news soon. I want to see a "found safe" blurb on this thread before the close of 2013!

Hey everybody! Well, those of you who "like" Johnny's FB page are aware that I haven't been doing anything lately with it. I'm sorry! I just don't know what to do! I was surprised to see that we are up to 130 likes. I might see if I can post that article from February, at least that is something. Am I the only one who doesn't hold much hope for JB? So sad and so unnecessary, as was recently posted, the whole thing just DOES NOT add up. But, we also know that we are not allowed to discuss our suspicions. :banghead: If anyone has any suggestions for the FB page, please post them, I need all the help I can get! :blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back