SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd was 15 during the first rape. Does anyone know why the records appear to be open? I thought anything involving a juvenile was sealed (although I'm glad in this case that it wasn't.)

IDK, but if he was charged and tried as an adult would the records be open? Based on that psychological assessment the acts may have been heinous enough and he may have had enough of a juvenile record (that we don't know about) that they charged him as an adult for the kidnapping. Disclaimer: I am Not a Lawyer.

You can like people's pics even if you are not friends with them. Its a setting on FB.

Her settings are not like that. I can see her page and the like option is not available since we are not friends. Todd would have had to be a friend to like the photo.

IDK, but if he was charged and tried as an adult would the records be open? Based on that psychological assessment the acts may have been heinous enough and he may have had enough of a juvenile record (that we don't know about) that they charged him as an adult for the kidnapping. Disclaimer: I am Not a Lawyer.

He was charged as a juvenile per the record.

I don't know if it's better access to technology, better forensics, better geographic forensics, or what...but in my very unscientific opinion, it seems as if we are finding more and more cases like this over the last few years.

I know KB's life has been changed forever. My heart breaks for her. And I have no hope DC is alive.

How many of our past/cold case missing have suffered like this? I honestly thought Stephanie Slater's case (the only one I knew about, growing up in the UK) was the weirdest, most unique case. I was so wrong. How many more?

And I'm ANGRY. ANGRY that this clear and present danger was set free. You cannot convince me with any amount of $ that TK was an upstanding citizen for the last 20 odd years. No way.

Won't say more because I genuinely don't want to fall afoul of TOC, but I really do wonder if some people really are just born bad.

Not much appears to have changed, in regards to his bad business review, wacky FB postings, and what he did to the victims.

I'm not sure I quoted the right post- but about that blurb from the Psychologist (I'm guessing).... as a counselor who worked in Mental Health for 16 years, that paragraph is more than disturbing and terrifying! The things stated in that short paragraph had my eyebrows raised and my nose all wrinkled up. This is a very bad person, who was already exposed for who he was. When does the judicial system start to believe the psychological information they have and start watching those that are dangerous! There are sooooooo many cases of people who have already had really serious psychological issues that were bluntly addressed. And somehow, these monsters are allowed to roam with us, unwatched, free to do even more monstrous stuff. People like that never reduce their frequency or intensity. It only escalates. And poor K and Charlie are proof of that.

Side note-ish--- I wonder if Charlie was picking her up from a house cleanup job that day, which is how this dude had access to both of them.

HOLY WTF! That is a strongly worded statement. This person firmly believed that TK had always been, and would always be, a very dark and dangerous individual. They believed this to such an extent they said he was beyond saving, essentially. You can tell this person really wanted to stress his apparent "anti-social characteristics" despite the absence of a ASPD diagnosis. (ASPD cannot legally be diagnosed to anyone under the age of 18, but most minors diagnosed with both conduct disorder and NPD usually end up with an ASPD diagnosis later on in life anyway.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on Reddit pointed out that the guy made a lot of comments on FB about stuff like poison ivy and pests on his property--handy to keep people away.

(Credit where due--I don't do FB, this was someone else's observation.)

God, this reads like an episode of Criminal Minds. You know the episode you watch that is beyond disturbing, but you convince yourself that it never happens in real life? Terrifying!
I can't imagine the pain and suffering she went through and will continue to go through on recovery. Prayers and love to her and her family.

Snip

A sentencing report indicates that Kohlhepp sexually assaulted a 14-year-old victim on November 25, 1986. The teen girl called Tempe, Arizona Police to report the incident. She said Kohlhepp lured her out of her house while she was babysitting her younger siblings by telling her that her ex-boyfriend wanted to talk with her. The report said Kohlhepp pointed a “small blue steel handgun at her head” and “told her to walk down the alley towards his house.” When they arrived, they “walked into his bedroom where he placed gray duct tape over her mouth. He also tied her hands together with a rope. He then removed her clothes, then his clothes and forced the victim to have sexual intercourse with him.”

The victim told police that he would kill her, along with her younger brother and sister if she called the police. After going back home, she called them anyway. The report said Kohlhepp was arrested at his home without incident. “When contacted by police, the defendant was holding a .22 caliber rifle which was pointed at the ceiling. When questioned regarding this incident, the defendant fully admiited his guilty and indicated he used the victim’s ex-boyfriend as a ploy.”

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33...g-anderson-woman-captive#.WBv1BLPaf7w.twitter

I dont know if yall already posted this, but the news guy Cody-- he is actually giving out a lot more info in his comments of his Facebook page- Since I can't post exactly what he said, I will give a few of his highlights

-found out the sexual assault charge, even though he admitted to raping the 14-year-old neighbor, was dismissed as part of a plea deal in Tempe, Arizona. He was charged with Kidnapping only. A Class 2 felony and dangerous crime against children in the first degree.

A psychiatrists report states Todd Kohlhepp underwent counseling for many years in South Carolina and Georgia since he was 8 or 9 years old. It stated, Todd destroying his bedroom with a hammer; destroying other children's projects; hitting other children; cloroxing a goldfish; shooting a dog with a BB Gun; being dismissed from the Boy Scouts because he was too disruptive; shredding his own new clothes.

This is crazy! So, he was the one using he FB account?

He was active on facebook up until 8pm last night. He commented on a coworkers post (she has now since deleted her fb or deactivated) (I have screenshot)

Not sure if this was posted, nothing alarming sticks out though
https://www.pinterest.com/soldbytodd/

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I feel terrible for the ex. People said some terrible things to and about her.

I just wanted to add after my previous rant, thank you to SC LE. They clearly had never given up on finding KB and DC, no matter what social media believed, and I'm very glad they followed that cell phone ping and found her.

So how exactly was a guy like this able to attend college and get a real estate license? The trust that goes into meeting a stranger at a vacant property is undeniably a reason to have criminal background checks completed for jobs such as these. I hope the law gets changed on those licensees that have been grandfathered in.
It has probably taken law enforcement quite some time to build a case on this guy. He is obviously highly intelligent and has some major psychological issues. Certainly pointing toward serial killer. IMO

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

He also has a legitimate license to fly a plane.
WT ACTUAL F!

I dont know if yall already posted this, but the news guy Cody-- he is actually giving out a lot more info in his comments of his Facebook page- Since I can't post exactly what he said, I will give a few of his highlights

-found out the sexual assault charge, even though he admitted to raping the 14-year-old neighbor, was dismissed as part of a plea deal in Tempe, Arizona. He was charged with Kidnapping only. A Class 2 felony and dangerous crime against children in the first degree.

A psychiatrists report states Todd Kohlhepp underwent counseling for many years in South Carolina and Georgia since he was 8 or 9 years old. It stated, Todd destroying his bedroom with a hammer; destroying other children's projects; hitting other children; cloroxing a goldfish; shooting a dog with a BB Gun; being dismissed from the Boy Scouts because he was too disruptive; shredding his own new clothes.

Can you post the link to his page?

Todd was 15 during the first rape. Does anyone know why the records appear to be open? I thought anything involving a juvenile was sealed (although I'm glad in this case that it wasn't.)

He was 16 when the case went to trial and he was tried as an adult.

Snip

Authorities believe Brown and Kohlepp were acquainted, but a possible connection is still being investigated, Wright said.

“I don’t think it’s random at all,” he said.

He said that he believes Kohlepp may have been posting on Carver’s Facebook, but that has not been officially confirmed.

“It’s super possible that he was doing that to try to get people off his trail, but that’s just a thought,” Wright said.

Carver has not yet been found.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rage-container-like-a-dog-boyfriend-not-found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie