SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! ...another full night of reading.
Still lots to read but from what I have read...I credit KB for keeping her self alive.
Also, it seems she was quick to tell LE about the possible 4 bodies in case she did not recover from this ordeal.
What an amazing woman!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This spot next to the garage looks graded, like he was going to build another structure on top of it. I hope they are going to search under the garage, too.

It looks very secluded. He had the perfect place for his evil deeds by the looks of things.

TK lied like a rug on his RE application.
attachment.php
attachment.php

This makes my blood boil.

Suspect in captive woman case had deeply troubled past, court records show
Todd Kohlhepp raped 14-year-old girl in 1986, but troubles started much younger

WYFF4
Updated: 4:28 PM EDT Nov 4, 2016
By Carla Field

An article FILLED to the brim with early childhood stuff:

http://www.wyff4.com/article/suspec...eply-troubled-past-court-records-show/8243951

“ A presentencing investigation report said Kohlhepp’s mother, Regina Kohlhepp, said he had noticeable emotional and behavioral problems since he was about 15 months old. She said he was always mean to other children, and if required to interact with them, he did so in an aggressive manner.

Kohlhepp’s parents divorced when he was a baby, and his mother remarried when he was about 2. His mother said that when Kohlhepp was a teenager, he threatened to kill her so he could live with his biological father.

According to the report, a neighbor told Kohlhepp’s probation officer that the teen was “a devil on a chain.” The neighbor said Kohlhepp had locked her son in a dog kennel and rolled it over and over, despite the child screaming and crying. She said Kohlhepp was starved for attention, and used inappropriate methods to get it. She said he was obsessed with sex and weapons.”​

I had read a little while ago an interview with a woman who said a friend had recently set he up on a blind date, but she had a weird feeling and backed out. I think slowly we will hear more from his acquaintances. I doubt friends would want to come forward after the beatings a few took from others on his fb page before they removed themselves.

Coming out of Lurkdom here, but the last two verses of the song Hotel California read

Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said, 'we are all just prisoners here, of our own device
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man
'We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!

bit freaky with what we now know.

While KB's family is getting a literal miracle there are some families out there about to have their worst fears realized. Prayers for all.

Have any photos been shown of the shed or whatever it was that she was being held in? I am still not clear on what exactly it was. Some things said storage unit. Some things said crate, metal box, etc.

Was I correct in hearing during the presser that they "can't" identify the sex of the found body, not just that they won't.
That leads my mind down a few roads. Either this is not the missing Charlie but rather someone who's been there much longer, or if it is Charlie (rest his soul) was disfigured/burned before being buried.
Either option is horrific.
I just wanted to be sure I heard that correctly.
God Bless KB, Charlie, their loved ones and any other victims of this monster. This is the stuff of horror movies, and seems almost incomprehensible that a human can be this evil. Sadly...we here know they can be.

A report of a psychological consultation requested by Kohlhepp’s lawyer in 1987 said Kohlepp was “not psychotic although he is an individual with severe underlying emotional issues which could result in aggressive behavior toward others in the future.”

The report said Kohlhepp had been in counseling in South Carolina and Georgia since he was about 8 or 9 years old. It said he had experienced at least one hallucinatory episode and was placed on Ritalin and then Thorazine. The report described Kohlhepp “destroying his bedroom with a hammer, destroying other children’s projects, hitting other children, Cloroxing a goldfish, shooting a dog with a BB gun, being dismissed from the Boy Scouts because he was too disruptive and shredding his own new clothes.”
In the report, Kohlhepp’s mother said he had received letters from him while he was in prison in which he said he was sorry for raping the girl, but she said she did not believe him and that “he had absolutely no remorse regarding the offense. She felt that his only concern was to get out of custody and to have his things, including a knife and gun, shipped to South Carolina.”
Kohlhepp ended up serving 15 years in prison in Arizona for the rape. He was released in 2001 when he was 30. He applied for and received his real estate license in Spartanburg County five years later.
http://www.wyff4.com/article/suspec...eply-troubled-past-court-records-show/8243951

BBM. Answers some locations and dates questions.

Kadoober, some serial sexual predators and twisted killer names synonymous with TK' profile that come to mind is Michael J Klunder, Brandon Scott Lavergne, Gary M Hilton, and Austin Sigg, 17 who fortunately was identified and caught early in his trail of terror after only one deceased victim; JR.. Social media was only in its infancy in 2007 when the public was allowed to join facebook, and soon after Twitter, etc. GMH mentioned above actually wrote the script for a serial killer movie which was released to video in 1994; Deadly Run/hunting humans.. produced by S Rael; his defense attorney.. He was 62 years old when arrested in 2008.

Although advancements in dna and other technology has improved investigation techniques by law enforcement. It seems that these mis-underestimated prolific predators are becoming more elusive too.. Psychopaths are many times of above average intelligence and are very calculating, manipulative, creative, and deflective.. In my opinion and from observations, they will often times communicate with taunting riddles..

Sure hope that SC authorities invite the FBI BAU2 in on this investigation...

FBI Serial Murder
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

Just caught this thread yesterday and my first thoughts were the same as you have.

And, I was wondering why the FBI has not been brought in yet.

They have so many resources and can help coordinate?

Have any photos been shown of the shed or whatever it was that she was being held in? I am still not clear on what exactly it was. Some things said storage unit. Some things said crate, metal box, etc.

I haven't seen any photos of it yet, but to me a 'shipping container' of that size is similar to these. It'd be my guess it was one of these of the dimensions released earlier.
https://www.google.com/search?q=shipping+container&rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS476US476&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=770&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlhqr9jJDQAhWE1IMKHX3UDScQ_AUIBygC

Suspect in captive woman case had deeply troubled past, court records show
Todd Kohlhepp raped 14-year-old girl in 1986, but troubles started much younger

WYFF4
Updated: 4:28 PM EDT Nov 4, 2016
By Carla Field

An article FILLED to the brim with early childhood stuff:

“ A presentencing investigation report said Kohlhepp’s mother, Regina Kohlhepp, said he had noticeable emotional and behavioral problems since he was about 15 months old. She said he was always mean to other children, and if required to interact with them, he did so in an aggressive manner.

Kohlhepp’s parents divorced when he was a baby, and his mother remarried when he was about 2. His mother said that when Kohlhepp was a teenager, he threatened to kill her so he could live with his biological father.

According to the report, a neighbor told Kohlhepp’s probation officer that the teen was “a devil on a chain.” The neighbor said Kohlhepp had locked her son in a dog kennel and rolled it over and over, despite the child screaming and crying. She said Kohlhepp was starved for attention, and used inappropriate methods to get it. She said he was obsessed with sex and weapons.”​

I can only shake my head at this point. He was a ticking time bomb and all the signs were there and WERE SEEN and still he was able to walk among us. How often do we hear that "we're shocked; there were never any signs, he was just a normal kid until this happened"? We hear it all the time, but this time around is different and so much more frightening. His parents knew and tried to fix the problem but to no avail. Psychiatrists knew. The courts knew and still he's free as a bird and able to purchase guns and ammunition and sell homes to unsuspecting people who let this guy into their lives! It is beyond scary. In fact I find it terrifying.

I'd like to hear some reports of his jail time. With all that we know now, I can't imagine he jail time went smoothly or quietly. We haven't heard much about that. Probably never will either.

I'm past shocked and now I'm angry. Really angry that this was allowed to happen.

Coming out of Lurkdom here, but the last two verses of the song Hotel California read

bit freaky with what we now know.

And now he is the prisoner how ironic.From his past records as a troublemaker in the jail system,he won't be doing well.at all.

I can only shake my head at this point. He was a ticking time bomb and all the signs were there and WERE SEEN and still he was able to walk among us. How often do we hear that "we're shocked; there were never any signs, he was just a normal kid until this happened"? We hear it all the time, but this time around is different and so much more frightening. His parents knew and tried to fix the problem but to no avail. Psychiatrists knew. The courts knew and still he's free as a bird and able to purchase guns and ammunition and sell homes to unsuspecting people who let this guy into their lives! It is beyond scary. In fact I find it terrifying.

I'd like to hear some reports of his jail time. With all that we know now, I can't imagine he jail time went smoothly or quietly. We haven't heard much about that. Probably never will either.

I'm past shocked and now I'm angry. Really angry that this was allowed to happen.

I'll bet you a dime to a donut that the many guns were not purchased legally.

Charlie's license plate is reported as both "HWY124" and "HWY224". I'm not sure which is correct, but is that a personalized plate or is that the way So. Carolina plates are normally printed? If personalized, what would be the meaning of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj