SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by tlcya, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libertasi

Libertasi New Member

He could have had access to the property before he bought it. Not to be a Debbie downer here because Lord knows everything we know so far is depressing enough. My fil has had a property on the market for a couple of years. There is no hurry to sell it and the deal we he has with agent is it cannot be publicly advertised. He bought it under value and is just sitting on it until someone looking for property at his wanted price comes along. I did not realize that people sold property quietly like that. My aunt told me that's how she has always sold hers. She never wanted people knowing her business.

2. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

He lived w/his mother, in Moore, at one point.

3. Bently

Bently Former Member

:thinking:

Thanks, but I'll pass on commenting. Don't wanna go there iykwim

4. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

The long answer: http://sccommerce.com/sites/default...-_Property_Tax_-_Issues_in_South_Carolina.pdf

The short answer is that it was land with no homestead, so taxes are not nearly as high as you'd think. In our state, if you let someone grow corn on your acreage (I think a 5-acre property size is the minimum), even with a homestead your property can be classified as agricultural, and ag taxes are minimal. It is more economical for some land owners to plant some corn and let crops wither in the sun each year than it is to pay regular residential property taxes.

5. tbum

tbum Well-Known Member

Isn't the property that mefromsc was referring to his house? If so, I would have to say that I am equally confused.

6. mefromsc

mefromsc New Member

No, I was referencing the parcel in Woodruff where KB was found.

7. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

No, the address at the top had his Windsong address (same as on the mailed bill presumably), but the property being discussed on the document for taxation was his Wofford Rd acreage in Woodruff.

8. tbum

tbum Well-Known Member

Got it. I just noticed the description. I was confused by the owner information in Moore.

9. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Hmm. I'm sure some of you already picked up on this, but re: the superbike murder, back in 2013, they were already saying they suspected the killer was a disgruntled customer.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=9946922

Didn't we learn today (or yesterday) that TK *was* a disgruntled customer?

Then in 2015, a certain poster bumps the thread and does his best to discredit the "disgruntled customer" theory.

This really only caught my attention because of the new post at the bottom of the thread (by a newish poster with a single post).

EDIT: now I'm not sure. A Reddit poster has the same user name--and mentions being an hour away from Charlotte. I just googled it and that's about how far it is from Chesnee. But that Reddit poster appears to be a younger person who works at (I think works at, or talks about it a lot) walmart. It doesn't read like TK at all. In other words, the suspicious poster in the superbike thread may have actually been a local who believed they had insider knowledge, or was just making conversation.

Or the user name on Reddit (and distance to Charlotte) could be a coincidence.

I'm sure those of you who are more into the SM sleuthing already figured this all out, but sometimes I stumble through things and figure it's worth typing out.

10. Scanner

Scanner Well-Known Member

Are SW made public in SC?

11. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

They usually are, yeah... unless a gag order is issued by the judge overseeing the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

FYI

Take a look around your new forum. See what topical threads are available to discuss aspects of the cases involving TK. Begin to move into posting on those more topical threads. For instance, to discuss TK's properties go to the discussion thread prepared for that topic.

This thread will eventually close so practice moving around the forum and branch out now.

13. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

His mother was/is a court reporter. She did not get rich doing that. However, being an only child, his parents and grandparents could have sold property or taken mortgages on property to help him financially. I'd say TK is a very manipulative individual.

14. february29

february29 Member

How does one find it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

Very nice. Thanks for all the time and hard work that went into this ticya.

16. kbpirate

kbpirate Active Member

I do think she loved him and reacted out of anger and hurt.

17. Mickang88

Mickang88 New Member

I am not seeing it in Tapatalk either

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

18. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Forums > CRIMES > Serial Killers > Todd Kohlhelpp

19. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I've been following since the beginning and as everything blew up into Crazy Town. You've done a phenomenal job in all this. Thank you so much.

20. Bonnie Blue

Bonnie Blue Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.