SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by tlcya, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie Blue

Bonnie Blue Member

I'm on computer

2. kanzz

kanzz kanzz=kansas

3. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

I shop Amazon and do read reviews reviews by verified buyers. It makes me wonder who reads these reviews. There would be so many red flags. As a shopper, if I read these creepy comments, I would be notifying and complaining to Amazon. I realize that there's probably nothing the company can do.

4. TarainVA

TarainVA Active Member

I agree completely. People ought to move on from her. Relationships are complex. There are always different sides of the story and unlike CDC's and KB's friends and family she hasn't aired their dirty laundry. People keep referring to her as his ex-wife. They were not divorced. He was living with KB alone...maybe legal separation was filed...maybe not. Either way they were separated, and it's clear he wanted to be with KB. She probably thought they ran off together or he was messing with her and trying to frame her. I'd be ticked too if people were openly accusing me of being responsible for the disappearance and death of 2 people. We know who killed CDC and imprisoned KB. Let's focus on him.

5. PricklyPear

PricklyPear New Member

Leonard Lake and Charles Ng seemed to have some similarities. Lake had a cabin in the hills and they would catch victims (two or three families, but individual victims, too). In the family cases, they killed the dad and kids immediately and kept the mother as a sex slave for a while before murdering her, too. In the other cases, they wanted stuff (a car, video equipment, etc.), so they answered classifieds selling those things and killed the owners.

Wesley Shermantine and Loren Herzog were not very choosy about victims but they were super high on meth during most of their crimes from what I understand. I don't think Richard Trenton Chase had a real victim type.

I'm sure there are other serial killers with a wide spread of victims. I only know these because they're local to me.

The main thing is for serial killers, there's a huge psychological element in their choice of victims. The ones we usually hear about are those like Bundy, who chose victims who mainly looked like his ex-fiancee. If there's an obvious victim profile, it draws attention. But for others it can be a lot more subtle - the way a victim walks or speaks, who they are connected to, etc. And for some killers of opportunity there really isn't a profile at all.

6. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

I saw that the other day. I was asking about what the poster I quoted said, which was:
    "Also they did remove several computers and a bunch of electronic equipment, cameras, etc from his home. I haven't seen an inventory of items taken, but saw quite a few electronics in the few photos of the search that was made available."

I thought they were referring to the things they removed from the home in both sentences.

7. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear this as well!

I feel certain the media discovered his Amazon account thru WS. The most important thing is that LE is aware of it---100%! However, I really wish the media would give a little credit to our members here at WS more often than they do. Our good men and women put in incredibly hard work (and countless hours of their free time) into these cases and they deserve to be mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Talullah

Talullah Well-Known Member

Did TK reside at the property where KB was found?

9. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

No. She was found in Woodruff. His home is on Windsong.

10. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

Running through his email addies. I keep getting a connection to PA. Anyone else find this?

11. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2ยข.

'
    PA & I've run across a MLK in GA but see no K's on her FB.

12. yanjo

yanjo New Member

I am using tapatalk on android and cannot find anything in the serial killers section either

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13. Coquette

Coquette Observer

One wonders if the reason that Homeland Sevurity is now involved is the possibility of domestic terrorism. TK's online purchases, his FB posts, the mass amounts of ammo and weaponry coupled with the large parcel (or parcels) of land are all possible red flags. I imagine they're looking at all angles at this point. This could be one of them. MOO.

14. Stella888

Stella888 On a Mission

Go to forums, then crimes, then serial killers, then Todd Kohlhepp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. LozDa

LozDa New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's what I get with Tapatalk... No Todd Kohlhepp...

16. HFfan1

HFfan1 Member

Don't forget that he was a pilot and pilots often (almost all of them) use flight simulators either for practice, training, or fun. The more screens, the better. My husband is a pilot and has a similar set-up although his are more horizontally set up.

17. rotary_dial

rotary_dial Member

Speculation, but it could have something to do with darknet drug market purchases or sales. They could have uncovered evidence of purchases (either electronically or physical packages) of drugs for personal use or to drug his victims. He could have also sold drugs as a source of income. Homeland Security routinely investigates the sales of drugs on the internet. Here's an article if you feel like reading more about how some of the investigations operate:
    https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/03/30/timeline-darknet-market-vendor-caliconnect-got-arrested/

18. Philigumbo

Philigumbo Verified registered nurse

19. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

He did day trading in his spare time:rolleyes:
    That would be a normal use for the monitor set up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had creepy cameras set up too.

20. theirmommy

theirmommy NE Patriots fanatic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.