SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it really weird that a "released document" in an active investigation would not have the top identifying part completed. That is just begging for mis-filing at the very least.

Meg KinnardVerified account ‏@MegKinnardAP [video=twitter;795277144263979008]https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/status/795277144263979008[/video]Spartanburg County Detention Center
Here's one of the documents released today on Todd Kohlhepp's confession to the 2003 #Superbike slayings. Bond hearing at 11am.

I am using tapatalk on android and cannot find anything in the serial killers section either

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I seem to recall that there was some lag time last time a new forum was created with Tapatalk. It takes it a little while to catch up.

Agree! Plus it would be pretty difficult IMO to disguise himself enough so that he looks a full 6in shorter without obviously slouching. Pretty easy to go taller, nearly impossible to go more than an inch or two shorter.

Body heavier, yes. Face? Not likely, MOO. Also, blonde hair with 'touches' of gray? I guess it's possible but that would be a rather elaborate process to go through. Not saying it isn't possible...anything is. I just think it is unlikely that someone in their early 30's would be perceived as 20 years older. Not trying to argue, just don't see it.
Although...I would not be surprised in the least if there are many more victims of this guy to be found. I'm just not seeing this case being likely.

How is his FB creepy? I actually dont see any similarity to TK, other than one post about having a knife, but he is clearly military through and through, and proud of it. That is VERY different from the dark "humor" TK posted IMO.

His FB page does say he was in Spartanburg during 2003. I won't judge his FB page, but his comment to call him is strange. Why would he post in a comment section of a news article as the news break for, I suppose, the author to call him. Hope someone has passed it on to the police.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/02/08/4-people-massacred-in-motorsports-shop-in-middle-of-day/

Leonard Lake and Charles Ng seemed to have some similarities. Lake had a cabin in the hills and they would catch victims (two or three families, but individual victims, too). In the family cases, they killed the dad and kids immediately and kept the mother as a sex slave for a while before murdering her, too. In the other cases, they wanted stuff (a car, video equipment, etc.), so they answered classifieds selling those things and killed the owners.

Wesley Shermantine and Loren Herzog were not very choosy about victims but they were super high on meth during most of their crimes from what I understand. I don't think Richard Trenton Chase had a real victim type.

I'm sure there are other serial killers with a wide spread of victims. I only know these because they're local to me.

The main thing is for serial killers, there's a huge psychological element in their choice of victims. The ones we usually hear about are those like Bundy, who chose victims who mainly looked like his ex-fiancee. If there's an obvious victim profile, it draws attention. But for others it can be a lot more subtle - the way a victim walks or speaks, who they are connected to, etc. And for some killers of opportunity there really isn't a profile at all.

I'm not an expert either but I think it's too soon to know for sure what his MO and signature is, but to me it seems he's kinda of a hybrid , mimicking several other serial killers . I bet he obsessively read books and watched movies and shows about many many killers and had several "heroes " and it all sort of came together in a bizarre breed of hybrid mimicry coupled with his own psychosis and upbringing with a dash of high tech sprinkled on top. I bet he thought it was cool when then news reporter and her cameraman were murdered on live TV by a former co worker while wearing a GO Pro and put the videos online. I also bet hes a huge fan of the Zodiac and Bundy . I would check threads on here for strange comments on those and the WS threads of other missing persons in the area and cold cases . I have a feeling he was reading these boards and commenting on them because he cant seem to keep his mouth shut..this is all just my opinion.

Don't forget that he was a pilot and pilots often (almost all of them) use flight simulators either for practice, training, or fun. The more screens, the better. My husband is a pilot and has a similar set-up although his are more horizontally set up.

I think he had all the monitors hitched to trail cams so he could watch his victims and property for trespassers

As in any culture, or in any community spread across this great Nation, there are those who refuse or are unable to adapt to a civilized society, skirting the rules and laws that guide the rest of us through life. Fortunately, they are the exception rather than the rule. Due to their selfish need to fulfill their evil desires or sexual fantasies, their lack of empathy for others, as well as their self assurance of remaining anonymous or stealth by hiding behind their masks of normalcy (at least in the darkness of their minds), they resort to the unimaginable, or unconscionable..

These malignant psychopathic predators, who know no boundaries of sanity, prey on unsuspecting innocent victims. Many of these predators hone their skills with each innocent victim devoured, increasing confidence, and causing escalation.
Although, most of these soulless predators like Todd Kohlhepp have an uncanny ability to shield their motives, their expressionless faces, hiding behind their fake smiles, combined with their lifeless eyes, can not conceal this ruse from those that remain aware..

The only effective weapon that we all posses, is detection: Be cautious, adhere to personal safety rules, and 'Trust your Natural Instincts'.

We all have to be on guard 24/7 and look out for ourselves, our families, and our friends & neighbors....

Times, they are a chang-in, and things are not always as they seem:

Quote Originally Posted by ColourPurple View Post
Rapist, kidnapper, serial killer, spree killer. He doesn't seem to just fit in one box.

There was one theory that the 2003 killings were a hitman settling a prison debt. I guess it's possible that he met somebody in prison and agreed to carry out a murder for an agreed price, but his other crimes seem like there's sexual motivation behind them... the kidnap and rape of the girl who only liked him as a friend, the kidnapping of K, who he may have been attracted to and the murder of her boyfriend. The 2003 killing would fit more in with his style if one of the victims was the boyfriend/husband of a woman he was attracted to, and the others were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and were killed as they could identify him as the killer
I mentioned this before, when all we knew was that he had kidnapped the victim and probably killed Charlie, but it's buried waaaaaaaaaaay back:

I don't think the female victims were his targets. I think the men were - but not sexually. I think he saw other men as competition, and wanted to take what they had/remove the threat.

In the most recent case, the kidnap victim was (according to a friend) cleaning house for him. He could have grabbed her any time. Instead, he asked her and HER BOYFRIEND to come clear brush for him - i.e. he waited until he could steal her from her boyfriend (and my guess is, make sure Charlie knew it when he killed him). If the kidnap victim had been his target, she'd have been taken when Charlie wasn't around and she'd probably be dead right now. (Edit to clarify: I think he saw her as his prize for killing Charlie, not a potential murder victim.)

I suspect his teen rape case was similar - he chose a girl who already had a boyfriend. I don't know enough of the details to speculate any more.

Some people in one of these threads pointed out that he was very aggressive with males on Facebook.

Three of the four Superbike victims were men. I've read one story that said Brian Lucas had been looking at houses with a realtor friend just before the shooting, and another that said TK was in the shop frequently. I would put money that he decided one of the three men killed at the shop was a threat to him or had something he wanted, and the three other victims were collateral damage because he didn't want witnesses. Beverly Ponder was killed as she left a bathroom, which doesn't really sound like she was the target IMO.

No I don't think Beverley was the target but I wondered if Scott's pregnant wife who was apparently originally from Arizona(where TK lived with his dad as a teen)was the target of TK's obsession.And he then took out his imagined love rival plus those who witnessed it.The alleged PMs with TK when KB was first missing show him referring to KB as a friends ex girlfriend from years ago,which is very simialr to the kidnap and rape he committed as a teen, where he targeted a girl who was interested in his friends rather than him.I'm not sure it was planned that day for CC to turn up with KB or if maybe seeing him with KB was the trigger for everything that happened that day.In his realtor application when explaining his earleir crime,he also referred to the girl he kidnapped as his girlfriend which might show that he has imaginary relationships with his victims(or may just have been him trying to downplay the conviction)

You could be right that it's the men he's targeting via the women, rather than him being obsessed with unobtainable women and then just trying to get the woman he wants and eliminate imagined love rivals. I wonder if he'll even be honest about his motives.

"In a serial killer/Mass Muderer investigation such as the Todd Kohlhepp investigation, Law Enforcement and all the other public safety officers involved will pay a very high price. They should be Saluted".. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Roger L Depue: Pioneer of the FBI BSU;

When I was a young man, a friend taught me the ancient art of dowsing, and after a time, I became something of a practitioner myself, finding water underground as a kind of parlor trick for friends. It might seem odd that a man so rooted in grim reality would take an interest in something so ethereal. In fact, I’m fascinated by the unseen forces at play in the lives of human beings.

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Depue
Dr. Roger L. Depue. Roger Depue is a 21-year veteran of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), where he served as Unit Chief for the Behavioral Science Unit at the FBI Academy at Quantico, Virginia. Following retirement Depue founded The Academy Group, Inc (AGI)

The bike shop murders are an example of "mass murder" not serial murder. Serial murder is most often sexually motivated. Are there examples of other killers who have a mixture of these types of murders? http://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/serials-killers-vs-mass-murderers/ It is not unusual when a serial murderer gets caught, he makes up or claims to have committed other murders to make himself seem more important or toy with police. Not saying he didn't, but I hope they have lots of objective forensic and circumstantial evidence to bolster his confession. We all know examples of over zealous detectives who share info about crimes scenes only to have it incorporated in false confessions. The bike shop murders sound like they are notorious in Spartanburg so the police i am sure want to solve it badly. He does look like the composite and he lived in the area. He claims to have returned to school in 2003 and was working as a graphic designer at that time. He says his job ended in 2004 but not what month which means it could have ended in 2003. Wonder what his behavior was like back then around november. Was he having money troubles? It might be helpful for police to find his coworkers and fellow students.

Hmm. I'm sure some of you already picked up on this, but re: the superbike murder, back in 2013, they were already saying they suspected the killer was a disgruntled customer.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=9946922

Didn't we learn today (or yesterday) that TK *was* a disgruntled customer?

Then in 2015, a certain poster bumps the thread and does his best to discredit the "disgruntled customer" theory.

This really only caught my attention because of the new post at the bottom of the thread (by a newish poster with a single post).

EDIT: now I'm not sure. A Reddit poster has the same user name--and mentions being an hour away from Charlotte. I just googled it and that's about how far it is from Chesnee. But that Reddit poster appears to be a younger person who works at (I think works at, or talks about it a lot) walmart. It doesn't read like TK at all. In other words, the suspicious poster in the superbike thread may have actually been a local who believed they had insider knowledge, or was just making conversation.

Or the user name on Reddit (and distance to Charlotte) could be a coincidence.

I'm sure those of you who are more into the SM sleuthing already figured this all out, but sometimes I stumble through things and figure it's worth typing out.

I'm thinking it might just have been a local who read Pat Brown's blogs about the case, as her opinion seems to be that the disgruntled customer theory and photofit was wrong too. She also mentions the last shot being fired at 2.52 and mentions the same person as being her number one person of interest. NL.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-i-read_19.html

I don't know about you but you need to be more than a casual user to need a quad-monitor wall mount! FWIW there was more of the same on Amazon (as below), they are just older purchases. All the tactical gear is a more recent trend. Also they did remove several computers and a bunch of electronic equipment, cameras, etc from his home. I haven't seen an inventory of items taken, but saw quite a few electronics in the few photos of the search that was made available.

attachment.php

This is a common setup for people trading stocks.

No I don't think Beverley was the target but I wondered if Scott's pregnant wife who was apparently originally from Arizona(where TK lived with his dad as a teen)was the target of TK's obsession.And he then took out his imagined love rival plus those who witnessed it.The alleged PMs with TK when KB was first missing show him referring to KB as a friends ex girlfriend from years ago,which is very simialr to the kidnap and rape he committed as a teen, where he targeted a girl who was interested in his friends rather than him.I'm not sure it was planned that day for CC to turn up with KB or if maybe seeing him with KB was the trigger for everything that happened that day.In his realtor application when explaining his earleir crime,he also referred to the girl he kidnapped as his girlfriend which might show that he has imaginary relationships with his victims(or may just have been him trying to downplay the conviction)

You could be right that it's the men he's targeting via the women, rather than him being obsessed with unobtainable women and then just trying to get the woman he wants and eliminate imagined love rivals. I wonder if he'll even be honest about his motives.

Very interesting, and both of them were right at a holiday. In Arizona it was Thanksgiving the day before and for kB and CDC it was Labor Day weekend

Holy crap! FINALLY caught up (and late for work now..)

When I read about his past in Arizona it made me wonder about Adrienne Salinas. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rienne-Salinas-19-Tempe-15-June-2013-8/page52 If he's self-employed (ish?) he could have been traveling around.. I'm sure LE is retracing a decade worth of steps/travel now.

Anyone have any luck finding how he hired cleaners? Would it be postings like this? Not saying this could even be him since this was posted last Thursday, just started poking around those sections.. http://greenville.craigslist.org/lbg/5861079920.html

And I'm sure this is being discussed elsewhere, but I wonder about a Brittanee Drexel connection? Myrtle Beach seems like a straight shoot and his MO is all over the freaking place already.

Also, is MRI-Beechmont Consulting Group actually associated with him, or someone there just happened to register the LLC at soldbytodd@aol.com? (Was looking at archived versions of his website from 2012 ish, dunno if he still has been publicly using that email recently). They deal with computer services/programming consulting (?) and it reminded me of his alleged Comp Sci degree.

Too bad his graphic design portfolio is all broken links on wayback machine. I bet whatever he named "Starry Night" was a work of genius.

Also, poor unrelated guy named Todd who's also a realtor in Michigan with that email (minus the aol).. bet his search results have spiked in the past few days. Pardon my double post.

WOW, I'm just catching up after missing a lot yesterday, and my mind is just blown. And to think that there's probably SO much more to come. No way did this guy just start killing recently. Wonder what the judge who originally dealt with TK with the rape/kidnapping is feeling now. He knew from the beginning that there was no change of this guy ever being successfully reintegrated into society.

Off to check out the other threads about TK now.

Don't know if this was already stated, he registered his realtor website domain with GoDaddy on 6/2013.

http://whois.domaintools.com/tkarealestate.com

Looks like it is a private registration so we cannot see the name/address of person whom registered it. Usually this would be the web developers info or could be Todd's info.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm almost local to this , and have really good friends in his immediate area. Oh Dear Lord, catching up after the weekend, and I'm feeling sick - 2 Goody's Powders and a Zanax sick... Geez... and he is in my age group. I think we have mutual "friends". :freakedout:

The bike shop murders are an example of "mass murder" not serial murder. Serial murder is most often sexually motivated. Are there examples of other killers who have a mixture of these types of murders? http://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/serials-killers-vs-mass-murderers/ It is not unusual when a serial murderer gets caught, he makes up or claims to have committed other murders to make himself seem more important or toy with police. Not saying he didn't, but I hope they have lots of objective forensic and circumstantial evidence to bolster his confession. We all know examples of over zealous detectives who share info about crimes scenes only to have it incorporated in false confessions. The bike shop murders sound like they are notorious in Spartanburg so the police i am sure want to solve it badly. He does look like the composite and he lived in the area. He claims to have returned to school in 2003 and was working as a graphic designer at that time. He says his job ended in 2004 but not what month which means it could have ended in 2003. Wonder what his behavior was like back then around november. Was he having money troubles? It might be helpful for police to find his coworkers and fellow students.

RBBM.

I usually wait to post until after I've read the entire thread or series of threads, and I am still stuck in thread #2 on this case, so my apologies if this has already been discussed; I just wanted to say:

KB has said TK shot Charlie, her boyfriend, in front of her. In the Superbike Motorsports case, two of the victims were a mother and her son (Beverly Guy and Scott Ponder). I believe TK "gets off" (sorry for the language :() on watching women suffer. I do believe that there are other things that excite TK sexually (e.g., torturing and having absolute power over women, whether by raping or having them chained; having power over people, whether men or women, in general), but I think watching a woman lose someone she loves, and being the one to do the deed is significant, IMO, and is a common factor between the KB/Charlie case and the Superbike case.

I'm not sure if LE have been able to determine the order in which the victims in the Superbike were killed; it has been reported that Beverly "was found just outside the bathroom," while Scott "was found just outside the door in the parking lot." As for the remaining two victims, LE "have theorized that the killer came in the back and killed mechanic Chris Sherbert, 26, as he worked," while "Brian Lucas was in the doorway of the shop." I can totally see TK making sure that Beverly was the last one to be killed (e.g., by telling the victims as he came into the shop that he was not going to hurt the only female there, and instructing Beverly to go into the bathroom), so that the mother would have to hear or see her son being murdered (and killing her, too, afterwards anyway). It was probably easy for TK to get the victims to do whatever he told them to do since he had a gun.

As for evidence to support TK's claim he is responsible for the Superbike murders, "A Spartanburg County Sheriff's investigative report from Saturday says Kohlhepp 'confessed to investigators that he shot and killed' the owner ... , giving details only the killer would know (BBM)."

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sheriff-man-killed-confesses-2003-slayings-43336516

Holy crap! FINALLY caught up (and late for work now..)

When I read about his past in Arizona it made me wonder about Adrienne Salinas. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rienne-Salinas-19-Tempe-15-June-2013-8/page52 If he's self-employed (ish?) he could have been traveling around.. I'm sure LE is retracing a decade worth of steps/travel now.

Anyone have any luck finding how he hired cleaners? Would it be postings like this? Not saying this could even be him since this was posted last Thursday, just started poking around those sections.. http://greenville.craigslist.org/lbg/5861079920.html

And I'm sure this is being discussed elsewhere, but I wonder about a Brittanee Drexel connection? Myrtle Beach seems like a straight shoot and his MO is all over the freaking place already.

A different sociopathic monster took Brittanee Drexel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff