Found Deceased SC - Mallory Beach, 19, missing after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *MAN CHARGED*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

I assume anyone given a nickname for bad behavior when drunk and that nickname is known to others, that person is likely considered by many to have an alcohol issue.

JMO

2. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Agree, he obviously had a reputation for it.

GordianKnot, 303gmf, momsof3 and 10 others like this.
  3. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

4. Watts Bar

Watts Bar Well-Known Member

There is one motive that I haven’t seen mentioned that I think is worth considering.

It’s been reported repeatedly that the criminal charges from the boating accident would be dropped against PM, due to his death, but that the civil suit would continue.

But will it? I assume that is up to the Beach family. We don’t know if they will continue to pursue a civil case against AM and BM who just lost a child/brother, wife/mother themselves in a horrific way.

The civil case appeared to be headed to trial where much can be revealed. Couple that with (potentially) assets being at risk and I think there appears to be strong motive to stop the civil case. (But not necessarily by AM.)
    Was someone depending on the Beach family to have a change of heart if tragedy were to strike the Murdaugh family? Specifically if they were to lose the son responsible for the boat crash.

Lastly, IF…. the Beach family felt compelled to drop the suit against AM and BM, I’m curious how that decision would affect the only other remaining defendant in that suit, Parker’s 55. Since it is all one lawsuit, would it then require the entire suit to be dropped or could the suit against Parker’s continue with AM and BM removed?

All MOO

5. Sustained

Sustained Justice for Stacy

Welcome to the discussion !

Snipped and BBM -

If there is much to be revealed specifically about the M's, why wouldn't AM just settle to avoid the skeletons being let out of the closet ?

6. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. They were out in the boat speeding along with nothing but a flashlight to guide them.

There are several kids or parents that I can easily see going after PM. This kid was serious bad news. And maybe MM too because she and AM did nothing to stop this kid from hurtling headlong into his own destruction and all those around him.

Maybe AM was "spared" as he needs to clean up this mess. He needs to settle with the Beach family pronto. And even then I wonder if he'll ever be safe.

All jmo

DeDee, Lynetta, Warwick7 and 5 others like this.
  7. Watts Bar

Completely agree. But regarding the asset issue, we don’t know the terms that were discussed. Beach attorney could have been driving it to trial with what they were asking. I guess we don’t know what we don’t know. I am more interested in how it could have affected the civil suit for Parker’s. There is a “Gibson 27” form dated June 8th listed on the redacted SLED docs released. Can’t help thinking of Paul Gibson, attorney for Parker’s in civil suit. Unlikely, but then all of this is so unlikely.

BOSCOE, momsof3, Diddian and 4 others like this.
  8. Watts Bar

And thank you for the welcome!! I’ve lurked far too long. Happy to be here.

Betty P, stmarysmead, momsof3 and 7 others like this.
  9. Watts Bar

Absolutely. And in addition to alcohol abuse, I’ve considered that “Timmy” was not fueled by alcohol alone. We know from depositions that they still had alcohol on the boat after leaving the oyster roast. I can’t help wondering why PM was so adamant about going to Luther’s, specifically. There were so many reasons not to go. For one, it was an hour out of their way. I wonder if there was anything else at Luther’s that PM wanted. The depositions describe him as much more intoxicated after that stop. No doubt, two shots will do that. But from the accounts given, after that stop, he was amped up, became angry and abusive. Aka “Timmy”. MD’s deposition does mention other substances she had witnessed him use in the past. But yes, known alcohol abuser at least. Imo

all MOO

swedeheart, BOSCOE, 303gmf and 13 others like this.
  10. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Yes he did!!!

momsof3, Diddian, Colorado303 and 3 others like this.
  11. Sustained

Sustained Justice for Stacy

Since excess alcohol causes folks to lose their inhibitions, it's no surprise that "Timmy" wanted to continue to party down at Luther's. I'd be willing to bet that PM would never have stripped his clothes off in 40° weather unless he was hammered. One need only to look at some of the football tailgate parties to see what the "instant courage" does to people. In my younger days, I tried many times to stop a drunk friend/person from driving. Often, there is an invincible belligerence not present when same person is sober and the drunk resists until his/her keys are taken away. I suspect the boat occupants just shrugged, said "whatever", and let "Timmy" do his thing. MB's boyfriend was most likely drunk as well or perhaps he would have called for a ride from Beaufort or rented a room.

I don't know if the GF abuse though got worse with the drinking and perhaps MD was afraid to either report it or dump him.

12. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

If you haven't, read the Deposition that aeg referenced above. PM was a monster.

13. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

A passenger in the boat that crashed and killed Mallory Beach in 2019 believes some law enforcement officers may know about intentions to hamper the crash investigation and shift blame away from Paul Murdaugh, according to a civil petition filed in Richland County Thursday.

Connor Cook, one of six occupants on board the Sea Hunt boat when it crashed, suspects unnamed people may have intended to frame him as the driver of the boat, the petition says.

Cook believes that some evidence gathered at the boat crash scene is missing. His lawyers want to question the officers about failing to conduct an appropriate investigation, according to the petition.
    Boat crash passenger claims ‘civil conspiracy’ | Hilton Head Island Packet

DeDee, zencompass, Lynetta and 14 others like this.
  14. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

So it sounds like there were SLED officers suspected of involvement in a possible cover up. Doesn't that mean some other LE agency should be investigating the Murdaugh murders?

DeDee, zencompass, Laughing and 13 others like this.
  15. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

zencompass, Lynetta, thordis and 9 others like this.
  16. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

According to the petition filed Wednesday afternoon in South Carolina's Fifth Judicial Circuit, Cook "believes the depositions and phone records are necessary to confirm or refute evidence of a civil conspiracy arising from testimony contained in the depositions of law enforcement officers" taken in an associated civil case (Estate of Mallory Beach v. Parker, Inc., et."

"The petition adds that Cook "is informed and believes these potential deponents may have information regarding a conspiracy to misdirect the criminal investigation away from now deceased Paul Murdaugh, and to wrongfully shift the focus to Petitioner."

Murdaugh murder case: Documents allege conspiracy in fatal boat crash

Lynetta, Born2BWild, Flicka1 and 11 others like this.
  17. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

18. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

Sassygal87, Betty P and Flicka1 like this.
  19. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

20. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member