SC - Mallory Beach, 19, found deceased after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *Alex Murdaugh charged*

Whenever I hear about the alcohol-free post-prom parties sponsored by schools, I always think that this would have been pointless when I graduated in 1981, because there would have been so little interest.

As for kids applying to a school because of its party reputation, yeah, that's common, and also very unusual for such students to make it through the freshman year.
I don't know about that, most of the people I was around in college for the 4 years partied HARD and they all graduated, some of them with honors even.

Just drawing on experience (both in college and current, if I'm being honest), but drinking a 12 pack of light beer and drinking so much that you blow a .28 several hours after the fact are entirely different levels of "heavy drinking".

I'm not totally sure of the timeline but it sounds like they were drinking for at least, what, 6-8 hours? PM probably drank closer to two 12 packs worth of whatever booze to get to that level in that time frame.

A cop breathalyzed me once (not because I was driving but because I was underage) after 8 or 9 beers in a much shorter time frame than that and I blew a .07. I still remember that because I was astounded it was that low. I know PM is not a big guy, which obviously makes a difference, but I was at most 160 pounds at the time (wish I could say I weighed that now haha).

According to AC, they had some hard liquor on the boat as well so I don't doubt that Paul was into that.

Timeline: New documents, video paint detailed picture of night Mallory Beach died in drunken boat crash | WCBD News 2

Excerpt:

"Miley said Paul’s main concern was getting in contact with his grandfather, Randolph Murdaugh.

"When investigators asked Miley why Paul was so adamant about calling his grandfather, she speculated “Well, you know, cause they’re lawyers and stuff. He wanted him to be there first.” She said he went back and forth on whether to call his dad, Alex Murdaugh, and eventually did."

Excerpt:

"During:
"At 2:20 a.m., the Garmin records a decrease then spike in the speed of the boat. Witnesses said that was when Paul moved to the front of the boat while arguing with Morgan, then returned to the helm and picked up speed."

Last edited:
Last edited:
I hadn't heard the entire 911 call before (probably just me).

It is dreadful to listen to.

Timeline: New documents, video paint detailed picture of night Mallory Beach died in drunken boat crash | WCBD News 2

Excerpt:
MILEY ALTMAN

Miley said that it took a moment for the group to catch their breath, then they called 911.

Initial 911 call – AUDIO IS UNEDITED – LISTEN AT YOUR DISCRETION

https://www.counton2.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2021/07/00_BC_911_Trunk_08.wav
They called 911 while PM was calling grand-daddy...

You might be surprised.

Huh ? Both Paul and Connor had hard liquor shots at Luther's - in AC's deposition, he mentioned they had some liquor in the cooler. Paul's BAC was .28 when tested and would have been higher earlier.

What would I be surprised about ?

I hadn't heard the entire 911 call before (probably just me).

It is dreadful to listen to.

Excerpt:
MILEY ALTMAN

Miley said that it took a moment for the group to catch their breath, then they called 911.

Initial 911 call – AUDIO IS UNEDITED – LISTEN AT YOUR DISCRETION

https://www.counton2.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2021/07/00_BC_911_Trunk_08.wav

There seems to be a second phone conversation going on behind the 911 call — hard to hear because of girls crying — sounds like it might be PM talking to grandpa or father? Whomever it is, I’m struck by how business-like he sounds.

I guess adrenaline kicks in but for everyone being so heavily intoxicated I’m impressed with leadership of CC in talking with the 911 tech and then thinking to go up to the road to flag the spot for LE/EMT.

What hit me was at the end when she asked if MB was wearing a life jacket. That simple decision — to not put one on — probably changed the outcome. It might have saved her.

JMOs.

There seems to be a second phone conversation going on behind the 911 call — hard to hear because of girls crying — sounds like it might be PM talking to grandpa or father? Whomever it is, I’m struck by how business-like he sounds.

I guess adrenaline kicks in but for everyone being so heavily intoxicated I’m impressed with leadership of CC in talking with the 911 tech and then thinking to go up to the road to flag the spot for LE/EMT.

What hit me was at the end when she asked if MB was wearing a life jacket. That simple decision — to not put one on — probably changed the outcome. It might have saved her.

JMOs.

I agree. It's even more impressive if my memory serves me correctly. I think that CC had a broken jaw due to the collision.

Murdaugh double murders: Fatal boat crash survivor alleges attempted cover-up in South Carolina

"She died, another young woman was bleeding heavily, Cook broke his jaw …."

JMOs.

I still have to catch up on MB thread but is there any record of who contacts her family first?

I have just started following this case and it is tragic and so interesting. Beautiful people, wealth, privilege and bad behavior all rolled into one sordid, sad tale. I have seen the depositions of Anthony Cook and Miley Altman. Could anyone provide links to those of Morgan Doughty and Connor Cook? I have tried searching online and had no luck. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back