Deceased/Not Found SC - Marjorie 'Gayle' McCaffrey, 36, West Ashley, 18 March 2012 *Arrest*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by lauriej, Mar 20, 2012.

1. lauriej

lauriej 'wild rose country...'

http://www.live5news.com/story/17193202/west-ashley-woman-reported-missing-by-husband

West Ashley woman reported missing by husband

[​IMG]

--what did he do between 7:45 ( when his wife was lying down ) and 10, when he left?

--she left, leaving behind 2 little kids to fend for themselves?

--good thing he got back home at 6:30 a.m. to see that they were ok. ( or he may have had to call justin young to go over..)

2. Loading...

3. Sooner Fan#1

Sooner Fan#1 Rest in Peace

Oh no..this doesn't sound good

4. lauriej

http://westashley.patch.com/articles/sheriff-looking-for-missing-west-ashley-woman
    Sheriff Looking for Missing West Ashley Woman

..ah, a "typed note"....does robert expect us to believe then that only SHE must have been the one to type it?

5. mamacita

mamacita New Member

Oh this is allllll bad :(

6. Cazzie

Cazzie This is love

From the OP link:

7. mamacita

mamacita New Member

Because its "soooooo" much easier to turn the computer on, open the word processing program, make sure there's paper in the printer, type something up and then print it than it is to find a piece of scrap paper and a pen to write the note out. BAER!!

LE should be able to find out what time the document was printed from Pc records and see if it fits into his already super tight timeline.
    Also.. these kids are definitely old enough to tell whet they saw.. unless they happened to be away for the night while mommy and daddy went on a date night that seems to have gone terribly wrong.

It sounds like this was all premeditated to me!

8. lauriej

--it was an "afternoon date".

"McCaffrey said that he and his wife went out to eat on Saturday afternoon and returned home where they both got into a verbal fight. MCCaffrey said that he then took a walk around the neighborhood because he had a lot on his mind and when he returned around 7:45 p.m. he saw his wife in the bedroom lying down on the bed."

--following the "date" --and his walk to clear his mind----she was 'lying on the bed'.

--he left 2 hours later , arriving home in the a.m. to find her 'disappeared'.

9. mamacita

mamacita New Member

And no mention of the kids or where they were on Saturday.. just that they were there when he got home Sunday morning..

10. marycarney

marycarney Inactive

Ummm...... right........

11. Rhyme & Reason

Rhyme & Reason Active Member

Does he really think people are stupid enough to believe this? Gah, more kids who lose both parents. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

12. deca

deca New Member

where were the kids? I am guessing asleep the whole time (between 10 pm and 6:30 am)- unless they were shipped off to a relative because of the fight.
    Hopefully they have some nosy neighbors.

13. deca

deca New Member

Okay, their house on Limestone in Charleston is 3 hours 48 min to Easley, SC. Am I reading something wrong??

If he left at 10, he would get to Easley at about 2 am. He then sits there for half an hour, turns around and drives 4 hours back to arrive home at 6:30 am.
    I honestly don't understand, unless there is another, closer Easley.

The river runs almost through their Charleston neighborhood. It also looks like there are many nearby ponds.

14. lauriej

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/17193113/ ... estigation
    Sheriff's office investigating disappearance of Citadel employee

[​IMG]

--video @ link--

15. lauriej

--right--we now know that he DID go to easley , b/c of the ticket he was issued ..( speeding robert ??)

--i had mapped it also, a 4 hour trip ONE way---leaving him about a 1/2 hour "to do whatever" ( ditch a body?) once he got there.

[​IMG]

--driving distance from A-west ashley SC, to B-easley SC.

--taking I-26W-- it's 222 miles-- 3 hours 39 mins
    --taking 1-26W and US-378W-- it's 240 miles--4 hours 20 mins

16. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Wait, what? He traveled 4 hours to get a half hour of space and time away from his distressing marriage and then got back into his car and drove 4 hours back?

Um. OK. I am waiting to hear if he is also an avid midnight camper.

17. lauriej

--in the video i posted @ post #13, the Sheriff says they think the kids were still asleep when robert returned home.

--friends and neighbours also say that marjorie would never have left her kids home alone.

18. lauriej

--oh---he gets home at 6:30 a.m.----she's gone! and he calls LE--- 11 HOURS later ?!?!

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/mar/20/charleston-county-investigators-searching-missing--ar-3442408/
    Charleston County Investigators Searching For Missing Woman With Upstate Ties

19. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal New Member

They need to get a search warrant for the car in which he was stopped while speeding to/from Easley. Even though he had 12 hours to clean it after he returned from Easley, hopefully there is still some usable evidence in the trunk.

I'm more than a little tired of the "We had a fight and she left" story from these guys. I mean really.

20. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal New Member

It's interesting to me that the children have been taken into "protective custody". Protection from what, one wonders. They rarely, if ever, take the kids from these guys right off the bat. I don't think it's going to take too long for LE to figure this one out; husband doesn't seem to be terribly clever.

21. BritsKate

BritsKate Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderf

I agree...I can't remember a similar case in which the children were taken into protective custody. IMO this is a step in the right direction.

I find the term 'verbal fight' also interesting. I wonder if that's his phrasing or media's. If his own words it seems to imply he's minimizing whatever really occurred.

I'm so tired of these cases...these and the babies/young children who keep 'disappearing' to complete strangers. :(