SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Above post shortened by me.)

Many parishioners from Solid Rock Church, need to be in prison. They should have reported his pedo activities to the police.
I don’t think the congregation knew anything of his activities. I think it was confessed to just a few staff members. That’s how I read it.

I think the FBI is interested in John Paul Miller’s exwife stating he had sexual relations with females under the age of 16.

This church council should RUN! They could be personally sued by a victim and the director’s insurance may not cover a huge award from the jury. Any associate pastors who witnessed grooming behavior or even suspected he is a pedo could be prosecuted and serve prison time because they are mandated reporters.
DBM

Last edited:

“She was employed there, there’s a question about whether she was appropriately paid for her time, the church itself was used by John-Paul, I have letters that he wrote on church stationary to her basically disparaging her,” Ward said. “He went after everything that meant anything to this young woman.”

Horry County land records show that Solid Rock Ministries controls four properties with a total taxable value of $5.59 million. John-Paul Miller does not own any property under his name in Horry County, according to land records.

In her NewsNation interview, Ward said she has “mounds of paperwork” that were left behind byMica or given to relatives. She said after Mica’s death, John-Paul called her law office to inform her of the news.

“Much to his disappointment, he thought that with her death, the lawsuit for separation would die with her,” she said. “He was quite dumbfounded and upset.”

(Above post shortened by me.)

Many parishioners from Solid Rock Church, need to be in prison. They should have reported his pedo activities to the police.

I believe the article said it was church staff who were aware of the sexual involvement with underaged girls. Regular parishioners might not have known about it, or may have heard just a watered-down version from JP.

However, there can't be many parishioners who don't know that there is something mighty foul afoot in their church now.

I don’t think the congregation knew anything of his activities. I think it was confessed to just a few staff members. That’s how I read it.
People talk, and gossip runs as rampant in a church as it does anywhere else, in my experience. If a few knew, a lot knew. And I also think it was alleged that he admitted his affair with Mica to the congregation at the time that his first wife filed for divorce and made the allegations against him, because the church split at that time. Now, how many of those are still there is anyone's guess, but allegations of acts like that tend to live long after the fact. It is highly likely that some knew at least something of it JMO

People talk, and gossip runs as rampant in a church as it does anywhere else, in my experience. If a few knew, a lot knew. And I also think it was alleged that he admitted his affair with Mica to the congregation at the time that his first wife filed for divorce and made the allegations against him. Now, how many of those are still there is anyone's guess, but allegations of acts like that tend to live long after the fact. JMO
I 100% agree! What blows my mind are the sermons where he clearly stands up and admits to things that had they been said in any church I ever attended, members would be running screaming for the doors and never go back!

People talk, and gossip runs as rampant in a church as it does anywhere else, in my experience. If a few knew, a lot knew. And I also think it was alleged that he admitted his affair with Mica to the congregation at the time that his first wife filed for divorce and made the allegations against him. Now, how many of those are still there is anyone's guess, but allegations of acts like that tend to live long after the fact. It is highly likely that some knew at least something of it JMO
That could be all true. idk I was responding to a post that said the parishioners should be thrown in prison.

If you’re not a mandatory reporter, there is no legal requirement to be a ‘good samaritan’. imo

And to further muddy the water - In some denominations you are not required to report a confession. imo

After FBI Investigation launched, Miller and Winslow go quiet
May 14, 2024

After MyrtleBeachSC News informed the public that the FBI had been called in to investigate the Mica Miller suicide yesterday, the Solid Rock Website, which was briefly up that morning, suddenly went down again. The Mica Miller FBI matter has brought about increased national attention.

[...]

WINSLOW OWNS LAND THAT BACKS UP TO STATE PARK

Attorney Tom Winslow owns 200 acres that back up to the creek that leads down to where Mica’s body was found. Tom just asked Nina, his property manager, yesterday to go start cleaning up there as it is overgrown. :rolleyes:

CJTW HOLDINGS LLC C/O TOM WINSLOW - Property Details - 10100000001 - 167 acres
Google Map of Property located on South Carolina / North Carolina border 10.5 miles from Lumber River State Park.

Interesting.

If those staff members were consider “associate pastors”, they were mandated reporters. They should be fined the maximum and imprisoned for not reporting the pedo crimes to LE. He committed felonies against children and the staff/associate pastors committed crimes by not reporting it to LE.

1. A potential wrongful death lawsuit could be coming against Solid Rock Church.

2. Her atty said he has letters that JP wrote on church stationary in disparaging her.

3. There’s a question about whether she was appropriately paid for her time, (JP prolly jipped her).

4. JP used the Church's authority to isolate her.

5. Solid Rock Ministries controls four properties with a total taxable value of $5.59 million. That includes a 2,089-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-bathroom home along Coldwater Circle listed on court documents as John-Paul’s address. (How convenient for him.)

6. There were mounds of paperwork that were left behind by Mica or given to relatives.

7. Much to JP's disappointment, he thought that with her death, the lawsuit would die.

8. JP apologized to her in an email for slashing her tires.

May 14, 2024

After MyrtleBeachSC News informed the public that the FBI had been called in to investigate the Mica Miller suicide yesterday, the Solid Rock Website, which was briefly up that morning, suddenly went down again. The Mica Miller FBI matter has brought about increased national attention.

[...]

Attorney Tom Winslow owns 200 acres that back up to the creek that leads down to where Mica’s body was found. Tom just asked Nina, his property manager, yesterday to go start cleaning up there as it is overgrown. :rolleyes:

Google Map of Property located on South Carolina / North Carolina border 10.5 miles from Lumber River State Park.

Interesting.

Wait a minute, that seems like too much of a coincidence, doesn't it? (MOO!)

In South Carolina, any associate pastors or other clergy are required by law to report the sexual abuse of minors. So if the Solid Rock Church staff people knew that JP was having sexual relations with underage individuals, they were under a mandate to report.

"A clergy member who knowingly fails to report,
in an effort to resolve the matter internally with
the parties involved, could face criminal and civil
liability. A mandated reporter who knowingly
fails to report is guilty of a misdemeanor
and if convicted, may be fined up to $500,
or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.
S.C. Code Ann. § 63-7-410."

https://dss.sc.gov/media/1899/dss-brochure-1951-jan-19.pdf

May 14, 2024

[...]

Interesting.
This is...mind-blowing.

May 14, 2024

[...]

Interesting.
You. have. got. to. be. kidding. me!!!!!!!

If those staff members were consider “associate pastors”, they were mandated reporters. They should be fined the maximum and imprisoned for not reporting the pedo crimes to LE. He committed felonies against children and the staff/associate pastors committed crimes by not reporting it to LE.
I’m wrapping my head around the irony of the confessed sexual acts with minors, being part of a legal court filing. A judge saw this information right?

I’m wrapping my head around the irony of the confessed sexual acts with minors, being part of a legal court filing. A judge saw this information right?
I would think so. His ex signed an affidavit. So why wasn’t JP and the staff members, likely mandated reporter pastors who didn’t report, investigated and arrested?

Last edited:
That could be all true. idk I was responding to a post that said the parishioners should be thrown in prison.

If you’re not a mandatory reporter, there is no legal requirement to be a ‘good samaritan’. imo

And to further muddy the water - In some denominations you are not required to report a confession. imo

I would bet that there were a few mandated reporters in that congregation---- teacher, medical field, LE, fire/emt..... people who may argue that outside of their workplace they have no duty. But... once you recognize abuse, how could you not report it? Is there any religious reasons that one would not? Not to mention those mandated within the church. Thank goodness there is no statute of limitations. I am all for jail time for those who protect pedophiles. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2