Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtFem at beach, dolphin tat, May'13 - Robin Kelly

This woman went missing during the Atlantic beach bike week rally that takes place here every year.

This woman went missing during the Atlantic beach bike week rally that takes place here every year.

OneLostGirl,
I am interested in your proposed missing female, but the info did not post. Do you have a link for your message above?

Upon re-reading OneLostGirl's comment and seeing her location of Myrtle Beach, I think she is not proposing a missing female, but rather just commenting that this unidentified deceased female drowned during a bike rally week in Myrtle Beach. Is that correct?

I just googled "bike week Myrtle Beach" and scanned the images. Definitely not a vacation spot I would attend. Looks like hell on earth to me.

Fin, I also took a look for the bike rally and found this:

http://bikeweekmb.com/

The NAMUS report states she had crowns and root canal's done on her teeth. Isn't that type of dental work expensive?

Yes, crowns and root canals are not cheap and are often not covered under some dental plans. Good eye! I missed those details on Namus!

Why were her shoes still on?

Soul, I asked myself that same question. I thought she might have fallen overboard. The report from the "State" newspaper said she was wearing only one shoe when found.

Fin, I don't think I'll go to MB during bike rally time, either!

Soul, I asked myself that same question. I thought she might have fallen overboard. The report from the "State" newspaper said she was wearing only one shoe when found.

Fin, I don't think I'll go to MB during bike rally time, either!

I would think had that happened she would have been reported as falling overboard. Or at least missing from a boat.

One month and nothing?

I am always amazed at how easy it is to be missing.

Usually when you wear your shirt and shoes at the beach, you are about to take them off and go swimming/tanning or you are just about to leave the area. I don't think she would deliberately go into the water with her shirt and shoes on. Probably not relevant but just saying.......

Some people wear sneakers into the water if the area is rocky or mucky. Some fair skinned people wear shirts over bathing suits to minimize sun exposure, especially if red head and prone to burning.

What do you think of Carolyn Jones as a possibility?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19271/0/

I think that they look fairly similar, and they have the same hair color. The UID is reported as 5 inches taller and much heavier than Carolyn, but I'm not confident in the accuracy of Carolyn's profile since her DOB is unknown. The timing and location is pretty close. Thoughts?

I don't know much about tatoos but if the pic is accurate, would that be a more recent tatoo vs a decades old one? Do they fade with time?

It depends on where the tattoo is on the body and how big or small the tattoo is.
Bigger tattoos take longer to fade and bleed together then a smaller one. Tattoos on the ankle and feet tend to also bleed together within a few years.
It also depends on if the tattoo was done well and the right sized needle was used for each color and such.

the tattoo looks new (within a year) but then again, if you had seen mine (which are 8 years old) you'd swear i just had them done. i don't tan though. she appears to obviously tan which is why i'm thinking within the last year she's had it done. yellow, red and blues fade quick if you're a tanner.

her outfit sorta struck me as odd. it looked like she had socks on? but if she's wearing shoes, a shirt and a swimsuit, naturally wouldn't she wear shorts? in the morgue photo it looked as though she had goggles hanging around her neck like they pulled them off her face when doing cpr. i'm guessing she fell off a boat. Did they do a tox screen and release the information? just wondering if maybe she was drinking on a docked boat at night and took a fall and drowned. it does happen but then you have to wonder why no one noticed. unless she was at a random party and people assumed she just up and left. strange though.

What do you think of Carolyn Jones as a possibility?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19271/0/

I think that they look fairly similar, and they have the same hair color. The UID is reported as 5 inches taller and much heavier than Carolyn, but I'm not confident in the accuracy of Carolyn's profile since her DOB is unknown. The timing and location is pretty close. Thoughts?

Gosh. I really think that Carolyn could be a match; am I missing something obvious here?

Hope this is helpful.

If she floated on the current she would have come to the beach in S-E FLOW or a NE to SW flow...
I have done boating but not navigation - please chime in if Ive made a mistake.

South Carolina tides 25/05/2013
2013-05-25 3:18 AM EDT -0.58 feet Low Tide
2013-05-25 9:39 AM EDT 6.42 feet High Tide
2013-05-25 3:22 PM EDT -0.86 feet Low Tide

im assuming she came in on the near peak of the high tide.

I have jpeg'd the water currents which flow to Myrtle Beach (0-6km off shore)
The maps below show the water currents for the beach.
If she went in the water that morning there are a few possibilities of which direction she came from.
If you start at Myrtle beach and follow the current arrows (backwards) you can get an idea of where she may have gone into the water if it was that day.

Map
1) 5:00 am
2) 6:00 am
3) 7.00 am
4) 8:00 am
5) 9:00 am

Attachments

• TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 5AM  TIDE.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 5AM TIDE.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 31
  • TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 6AM  TIDE.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 6AM TIDE.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 28
  • TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 7AM  TIDE.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 7AM TIDE.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 26
  • TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 8AM  TIDE.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 8AM TIDE.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27
  • TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 9AM HIGH TIDE.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 9AM HIGH TIDE.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 30
Maps of currents (wider shots of area) from 6am - 9am

I think I read that they believe she had only been in the water for a couple of hours?

Map:
1) 6:00am
2) 7:00am
3) 8:00am
4) 9:00am

Attachments

• TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 6AM  TIDE B.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 6AM TIDE B.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 28
  • TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 7AM  TIDE B.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 7AM TIDE B.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 23
  • TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 8AM  TIDE B.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 8AM TIDE B.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 24
  • TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 9AM  TIDE B.jpg
    TIDAL FLOW 25 03 13 9AM TIDE B.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 24
Her T-shirt has a design on the front which says SAIL FAST - underneath that it says Beaufort NC

The T-shirt looks new - the screen print is not deteriorated in any way - wonder if it was a new purchase from the Beaufort Marina. Possibly a shop there sells them or a cruise company? Looks like something a boatie would wear or someone on a vacation to the area would buy?
Maybe a shop in this area which sells that T-shirt would recognize her?
These T-shirts also can be made to order - I wonder if there is a company like zazzle that makes T-shirts with this logo for a certain shop in that area.

The Beaufort NC marina is a 3+ hour drive from Myrtle Beach - it would be less by sea.

The currents do go flow past Beaufort Marina area to Myrtle Beach.

Pic
1) Beaumont to Myrtle Beach
2) Tide flow map for the day she was found Beaufort NC - Myrtle Beach
3) T-shirt

Attachments

• MYRTLE BEACH TO BEAUFORT NC.jpg
    MYRTLE BEACH TO BEAUFORT NC.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 29
  • TIDAL 25 05 13 BEAUFORT NC TO MYRTLE BEACH.jpg
    TIDAL 25 05 13 BEAUFORT NC TO MYRTLE BEACH.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 26
  • SAIL FAST  BEAUFORT NC T SHIRT.jpg