Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtFem at beach, dolphin tat, May'13 - Robin Kelly

Great news! So many people are being identified lately

Great news! So many people are being identified lately

Yes, Robin Ann Kelly has her name back. Great news but also, such tragic news.
My condolences to Robins family & friends.
Godspeed Robin Ann Kelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw this on the news and had to come pay my respects. I'm glad this woman finally has her name back.

woman-identified.jpg

Robin Ann Kelly of Raleigh

I'm happy to see she got her name back but I'm so confused. They had to seek out family members to get DNA so it sounds like someone who wasn't family gave them a tip to who she was?

This may be solved soon. It looks like an old friend. Her family has been notified. I'm not sure why she wasn't on the missing person data base but they are running DNA now. Once I have more info I will post it. Thank you all for keeping her memory alive.

Tkuz - If this was your friend, condolences from all of us. :grouphug:

How do you find these articles? Do you have some sort of Google alerts?

From the article anonymess posted. Am I missing something? What pop culture movie and book are they talking about? Very sad--mental illness is rough.

In addition to being our beloved sister, Robin was a wonderful, loving aunt; devoted daughter; cousin; and friend to many. She loved to sail and spend time on the water. She enjoyed nature and camping, and spent many summers enjoying the outdoors. To those who loved her, Robin was much more than a woman who happened to have a tattoo of dolphins on her ankle.

We would appreciate your keeping the above facts at the forefront of any follow-up story you may choose to report, and ask that you honor our sister Robin by not referring to her in a way that references a pop-culture book and movie. We thank you in advance for respecting this request.

We have been deeply concerned about Robin for many years. We are heartbroken that untreated mental health issues caused her to steadily withdraw from family and friends as well as to ignore all efforts of help offered by family and friends. We have been praying for her health and well-being, and her eventual return to our lives. We are deeply saddened that this will not happen. We pray that perhaps her story may encourage others who are struggling with mental health challenges to seek help.

From the article anonymess posted. Am I missing something? What pop culture movie and book are they talking about? Very sad--mental illness is rough.

I didn't understand that part either, but I suppose we should refrain from sleuthing that aspect since they don't want it referencing anyway.

I'm sad for Robin and her family but pleased she has been identified.

I am so thankful she has her name. I still have so many questions. Rest in peace Robin.

I didn't understand that part either, but I suppose we should refrain from sleuthing that aspect since they don't want it referencing anyway.

I'm sad for Robin and her family but pleased she has been identified.

Agreed. It just confused me!

To me they are talking about the fact that she has been referenced as 'the woman with the dolphin tattoo' and they see it in a similar light to the pop culture book/movie 'the girl with the dragon tattoo'.

I was so glad to see her name in the thread when I came on this morning. Rest in peace, Robin Kelly. I'm glad your people found you.

To me they are talking about the fact that she has been referenced as 'the woman with the dolphin tattoo' and they see it in a similar light to the pop culture book/movie 'the girl with the dragon tattoo'.

That is exactly what I was thinking but, I still don't understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57
Back