Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtFem at beach, dolphin tat, May'13 - Robin Kelly

I wonder if any vehicles were towed from the parking areas or if hotels/motels/campgrounds/ had people who never came back for their cars or possessions. A vehicle abandoned should be checked too. I lived a few miles from there for many years and it's a fiasco of confusion with the crowds. Bike week is bad.

How expensive are the Reebok shoes? We already know she has dental work...root canal. crowns.

I just don't think she is a "homeless person."

The shoe appears to be in good condition. I don't think she is "homeless" either.

I've been thinking a lot about this Jane Doe. My mom, now single, lives alone in a beach town. She also has a few friends in similar situations - got divorced and moved to the beach to spend time in solitude. If my mom didn't have any children, it is possible that she could go months without being reported missing.

I think this is especially true at the beach; since many beach properties are vacation homes, it is typical for people to come and go for months at a time. This woman could have disappeared without her neighbors even realizing it.

My heart goes out to her. I have a feeling that she is a local who has not been reported missing yet, and I really hope she is identified soon.

http://www.zazzle.com/americas_sail_2006_beaufort_nc_back_tshirt-235499569532573764

It looks like these shirts can be ordered with customized printing.

The above link is for a 2006 sail fast live slow Beaufort NC t shirt.

Beaufort hosted a sailboat race of some kind in 2006.

The UID shirt design is not on that site but I'm thinking it was part of a large order, not necessarily from that vendor.

I would assume from this that the UID or someone she knew went to that race in 2006.

:moo:

The website says that the shirt is by ascension. Here is ascensions website for the shirts http://www.ascensionatsea.com/Sail Fast Live Slow Shirts and Hats.htm

Here is their homepage www.ascensionatsea.com. It appears to be an online sailing club for people all over the world.

This appears to be their members /w photos and some include links to their own websites/blogs.
http://www.ascensionatsea.com/whos who/Whos Who.htm

I'm thinking that Ms. Doe could be one of these people.

The website says that the shirt is by ascension. Here is ascensions website for the shirts http://www.ascensionatsea.com/Sail Fast Live Slow Shirts and Hats.htm

Here is their homepage www.ascensionatsea.com. It appears to be an online sailing club for people all over the world.

This appears to be their members /w photos and some include links to their own websites/blogs.
http://www.ascensionatsea.com/whos who/Whos Who.htm

I'm thinking that Ms. Doe could be one of these people.

I didn't see anyone who would bear resemblance or be in a situation (ie; sailing solo -- everyone has a partner). :(

This was a really interesting read - a blog by Amy Flannery and Ken Kurlychek who write about their sailing experiences.
Around May 23rd - 25th (possibly 26th) they were sailing and sight seeing in area of Beaufort and Cape Fear. They docked and stayed at a Marina at South Harbor Village on what I gather to be the 24th of May - they talk about the Surfrider Fundraiser they went to - they hired bikes and visited some of the local attractions and restaurants.

I wondered if the UID was a local she might have gone to some event like that?

I wonder if they would have noticed (by some weird circumstance) the UID woman at the Marina or on one of the boats docked there?

I know its a long shot and I'm clutching at straws - but the blog was a good insight (small but significant) to the sailing conditions and what was happening in the area at the time.

http://cruisingonthemaryt.com/blog/2013/05/

For those following my maps - the South Harbor Marina location is A (dont worry about the blue line to Myrtle Beach - couldn't get rid of it)

Attachments

• south harbour - myrtle beach sc.jpg
    south harbour - myrtle beach sc.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 59
Could she be this woman?

A few details are off (tattoo description, eye color)

Victoria also has dentures, and I think this detail may exclude her from the UID in SC.

"She is 5’04” tall, weighs 170 pounds, and has brown hair and blue eyes. Police say she has a tattoo of a flower on her right leg and false teeth." from the link in the post above.

Oh my, this was your first post! WELCOME! THANKS FOR POSTING!! Look forward to seeing more of your input here in the unidentified section. WELCOME!!!!

Victoria also has dentures, and I think this detail may exclude her from the UID in SC.

"She is 5’04” tall, weighs 170 pounds, and has brown hair and blue eyes. Police say she has a tattoo of a flower on her right leg and false teeth." from the link in the post above.

Oh my, this was your first post! WELCOME! THANKS FOR POSTING!! Look forward to seeing more of your input here in the unidentified section. WELCOME!!!!

Thanks for the welcome! :smile:

I also noticed that dentures were one of the discrepancies. Probably not a match. Wanted to mention her anyway, just in case, as the timing and other physical features were similar.

I wonder if this could be her? http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...sing-Persons/Cold-Case-Missing-Adults/Konanec
Nicole Konanec
•Missing from: Deersville, Ohio
•Missing since: 11/6/2012
•Missing age: 34
•Current age: 34
•Date of birth: 2/20/1979
•Race/Ethnicity: White
•Height: 5'6"
•Weight: 160
•Hair color: White
•Eye color: Hazel
Konanec.aspx

Their skintones are sure close and hair description! Height and body type appear really close as well!!
There's this story on this MP; http://wtuz.com/pages/15253463.php?
So, what do y'all think?

She certainly looks possible. The UID's description only mentions one tattoo, but maybe it was the only one they thought was distinctive enough to be recognized.

I don't know much about tatoos but if the pic is accurate, would that be a more recent tatoo vs a decades old one? Do they fade with time?

My husband is a tattoo artist with nearly a decade of experience and we own our studio. Because of this, I am often drawn to the tattoos of unidentified people. We both agree that this wasn't a new tattoo (my husband thinks it's at least 10 years old), but it's hard to date a tattoo on a deceased person, verses a living one and seeing it in a photo, verses seeing it in real life. Still, the tattoo is healed so definitely not new.
Another interesting bit of information, until 2006 tattooing was illegal in South Carolina. So if it is over ten years old, she either didn't get it in SC, or she got it from an illegal artist.

I wonder if this could be her? http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...sing-Persons/Cold-Case-Missing-Adults/Konanec
Nicole Konanec
•Missing from: Deersville, Ohio
•Missing since: 11/6/2012
•Missing age: 34
•Current age: 34
•Date of birth: 2/20/1979
•Race/Ethnicity: White
•Height: 5'6"
•Weight: 160
•Hair color: White
•Eye color: Hazel
Konanec.aspx

Their skintones are sure close and hair description! Height and body type appear really close as well!!
There's this story on this MP; http://wtuz.com/pages/15253463.php?
So, what do y'all think?

The link to that story has changed - its about food stamps now. Is there another link about the woman you thought it might be?

Hi I have not even read this thread yet but allready my first thought was in the description .It's allways a big break when u find a tat cause well it can be like a fingerprint almost but like i said my first thought was Damm a dolphin tat on her ankle thats gotta be one of the most common tat's anywhere in the world for women even more so being im florida ,,,

The missing woman is one of the people named in the food stamp scam.

Thanks for that carbuff!:seeya:
The page from the Ohio Attorney Generals has been removed so I was unsure of the relationship.

My husband is a tattoo artist with nearly a decade of experience and we own our studio. Because of this, I am often drawn to the tattoos of unidentified people. We both agree that this wasn't a new tattoo (my husband thinks it's at least 10 years old), but it's hard to date a tattoo on a deceased person, verses a living one and seeing it in a photo, verses seeing it in real life. Still, the tattoo is healed so definitely not new.
Another interesting bit of information, until 2006 tattooing was illegal in South Carolina. So if it is over ten years old, she either didn't get it in SC, or she got it from an illegal artist.

Interesting about the South Carolina tattoo laws.
Thanks for your opinion on the age of the tattoo as well.

This one is really bothering me because it just seems like someone should have identified her by now. I've been going back through the posts and the bike week thing popped out at me. We went to MB Spring Bike Week several years ago (You guys are going to start thinking that we are wild people, believe me we are not, lol. DH just likes motorcycles.)

Spring Bike Week ran from May 10-19 this year, and it usually draws in the classic cycles. Black Bike Week is a completely different festival, and ran from May 23-27, during which our Lady Doe's body was discovered. In contrast to spring bike week, black bike week draws in the younger sports bike crowd ("crotch rockets"). That being said, I doubt she was there for this particular festival.

I keep thinking that she started out on a boat and fell (or was forced) overboard and ended up on the MB shoreline. There are many people who "live off the hook" -they are full-time liveaboards, but do not stay in a marina. Instead they anchor offshore. Someone with this lifestyle might not have regular contact with friends and family due to the lack of reliable internet and cellular service (which is expensive on a moving vessel) or simply because they are reclusive by nature. If this is the case, it might be a good long while before friends and family even know that she's missing. I think I'll gather the images and put together a digital flyer to post on the liveaboard and off the hook forums. If she is a boater, maybe someone on one of those forums has seen her. It's worth a shot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back