GUILTY SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston, 2015; Dylann Roof GUILTY #3

Solicitor Wilson addressed the media Monday after the state murder convictions of Dylann Roof

[video=youtube;GVTG0fBiu9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVTG0fBiu9c[/video]

Dylann Roof threatened to kill his capital defense attorney David Bruck during federal trial

"While representing himself in the federal trial for the murder of nine people at Emanuel AME Church, Dylann Roof threatened to kill his attorney David Bruck, according to recently unsealed court documents...

Roof said he didn't plan to object to anything the prosecution presented in their case to sentence him to death. He told Bruck he hated him, and that "if he gets out of jail, he plans to come to Mr. Bruck's house and kill him," according to an affidavit filed by the defense team on Jan. 1.

His threat was among 22 facts lawyers included in the filing that details how their relationship with Roof deteriorated leading up to and during the trial.

The defense attorneys' affidavit also discusses Roof's behavior at the defense table during the trial...

During a closed hearing to address Roof's allegations in the letter, Bruck requested the judge hold a competency hearing to determine Roof's ability to stand trial - requiring further mental health evaluations. ..

Gergel unsealed documents related to Roof's competency one day after the 23-year-old white supremacist pleaded guilty to nine counts of murder in state court."

http://www.postandcourier.com/charl...cle_2912d8de-1fc8-11e7-b5b8-47447277e2dd.html

58eeab1605d16.image.jpg

Roof threat: (11 pages):

"...2. On November 23, 2016, defense counsel Bruck and Stevens met with the
defendant for nearly 3 ½ hours. At this meeting, the defendant repeatedly discussed his
somatic delusions (including his beliefs that parts of his body are underdeveloped, that
his arms and legs are different sizes and lengths, and that his forehead is unsightly), but
he insisted that these are not delusions because they are true. Counsel said they still did
not understand what was wrong with the defendant’s forehead even after the defendant
explained that something is wrong. When counsel began to bring up photographs of the
defendant’s forehead that had been taken by the staff of the Detention Center immediately
following his having been beaten by another inmate last August, he begged us not to
show the photographs of his forehead, exclaiming that he didn’t want to look at them.
Counsel said let’s look at the photographs together and you can show us what is wrong,
and the defendant said no, and to put the computer away.

3. The defendant discussed how he believes that Judge Gergel likes him because he
smiled at him and how the Court’s affection for him will shift the “Universal
Consciousness” in the room in his favor and will impact how other people in court will
feel about him. The defendant denied that he had ever told anyone that the testosterone
“pools” on one side of his body. Instead, he stated that he had only ever said that the
testosterone “affected” one side of his body, causing it to develop more than the other
side. It was therefore a “lie” in the defendant’s mind for anyone to say that he thought his
testosterone “pools” on one side. The defendant stated that he does not believe he will be
sentenced to death because “people aren’t that mean” and the jurors will like him. Even
if he is sentenced to death, the defendant stated he does not believe he will be executed
because he is “too special.” The defendant said that he can stop the execution by simply
crying before they stick the needle in his arm. Both counsel said that never in the history
of the American death penalty had an execution ever been stopped because the defendant
was crying. The defendant said that they would stop the execution for him, and that
counsel should just stop worrying about that....

7. The defendant expressed a desire to select potential jurors on the basis of
irrelevant factors. For example, he did not want a young, attractive woman on his jury
because this would increase his anxiety. Ultimately, this juror was seated after counsel
returned to conduct his defense on December 7. Neither party exercised a strike on this
juror. The defendant expressed outrage over this to counsel in the courtroom, in a loud
whisper, although he was smiling while expressing how upset he was with counsel over
this. He did this in the presence of the crowd in the courtroom. He said that we did not
understand how much this will bother him and that it will bother him every single day of
the trial to know that she is sitting in the jury box looking at him...

8. On the final day of jury selection, the defendant requested that standby counsel be
reappointed to represent him only for the duration of the guilt-or-innocence phase.
Throughout the trial, the defendant remained fixated on unimportant details such as the
fit, texture, weight and smell of his clothing. These issues occupied much of counsel’s
conversations with the defendant before and after court, and during mid-day breaks. At
one point during trial, the defendant discussed plans for a screenplay he hopes to have
produced when he gets out of jail, including details about the musical soundtrack he
hopes it will have and which instruments will be featured, including a vibraphone and
strings...

17. On the morning of closing arguments, the defendant was mainly interested in
talking about the way his sweater smelled. After he entered the courtroom, and while
sitting at counsel table, he whispered to Ms. Stevens while he stared straight ahead. He
complained that it had been washed with too much laundry detergent and had a film all
over it. Attorney Stevens told the defendant she did not see a film on his sweater. He
stated that because the sweater had been washed with too much detergent, its texture was
now all wrong and it smelled too strongly. He stated, “you are trying to kill me.”
Attorney Stevens explained that she was not trying to kill the defendant, but she was
sorry his sweater had been washed with too much detergent. Closing arguments then
began. .."

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e7-98c3-93e4849d2c36/58eea5105c5f7.pdf.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joey Meek Withdraws Appeal to Prison Sentence

"CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) — Joey Meek, friend of convicted Emanuel AME gunman Dylann Roof, has withdrawn an appeal of his more than two-year prison sentence.

Deborah Barbier, Meek’s court appointed public defender, confirmed her client’s decision Wednesday afternoon. Barbier declined to comment further on the matter.

The court documents detailing the decision to withdraw the appeal were not available through the court’s online filing system as of this writing.

Meek appealed his 27-month prison sentence March 28. He was originally sentenced Tuesday, March 21, to prison on the charge of misprision (concealing) of a felony..."

http://www.abccolumbia.com/2017/04/13/joey-meek-withdraws-appeal-prison-sentence/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsealed court documents show the struggle to defend Dylann Roof

"Staring down the death penalty, all Dylann Roof could concern himself with was the smell and fit of the thick, knitted sweater that hung off his slight frame as he sat in the courtroom. At one point during the federal trial for his racially-motivated attack on Emanuel AME Church, Roof privately discussed plans for a screenplay he hoped to have produced when released from jail, his attorneys wrote to a judge on New Year’s Day.

Leading up to the trial, Roof’s relationship with his attorneys grew strained to the point of fracturing. Provided with one of the country’s most qualified death penalty attorneys, David Bruck, Roof only saw the defense’s case as an assault on the legacy he hoped to leave behind.

“My lawyers have purposely kept me in the dark about my defense until the last minute in order to prevent me from being able to do anything about it, which is why I have been forced to write to you,” Roof said in a prison letter he mailed to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Charleston leading up to his trial. “Throughout my case, they have used scare tactics, threats, manipulation, and outright lies in order to further their own, not my, agenda.”

And that agenda, as Roof called it, was to present a mental health defense to save him from execution. Even with his life on the line, this was a path Roof was unwilling to take.
“I was lied to repeatedly in order to get me to speak to mental health experts,” Roof wrote in November. “I was told that I needed to talk to them in order to get medicine for a thyroid condition. Everything I was told about these experts and why I was being tested was an absolute lie, and I was never told what they actually specialized in.”
Roof had previously mentioned a possible thyroid problem in a handwritten journal discovered in his car the day after he killed nine parishioners inside of Mother Emanuel. After pages and pages detailing his disturbing perception on race and his beliefs in white nationalism, Roof scribbled the short message, “I have Hoshimoto’s disease.”

A condition caused when the immune system attacks the thyroid, symptoms of Hoshimoto’s disease include increased sensitivity to cold, pale skin, and depression. In presenting possible expert witness testimony related to Roof’s mental status, the defense wrote that an expert would offer her opinion that Roof’s decision to wear two layers of pants on the hot summer night when he launched his attack “suggests the existence of sensory issues that could relate to autism or mental illness.” Of course, Roof would never allow his sanity to be questioned — at least not during the trial....

Roof told the psychiatrist that “shooting up a [black] church was the most outrageous thing he could do and was a caricature of a racist act.”

Roof also revealed that he believed being labeled as mentally ill would spoil his reputation as a “perfect specimen” if there happened to be a white nationalist revolution...

On Dec. 30, Bruck visited Roof in jail. It had been two weeks since Roof was found guilty in federal court. It would be less than that time before he received the death sentence. According to Roof’s attorneys, during his jailhouse visit Roof told Bruck that he hates him and “if he gets out of jail he plans to come to Mr. Bruck’s house and kill him.”.."

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/...ments-show-the-struggle-to-defend-dylann-roof
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:laugh:....."if he gets out of jail"....pipe dreams, IMO.

Unsealed court documents show the struggle to defend Dylann Roof

Roof also revealed that he believed being labeled as mentally ill would spoil his reputation as a “perfect specimen” if there happened to be a white nationalist revolution...

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/...ments-show-the-struggle-to-defend-dylann-roof
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(SBM FOR FOCUS)

UMMM... WHAT THE ACTUAL F---!
[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHARLESTON CHURCH SHOOTER DYLANN ROOF IS HEADED TO DEATH ROW

"...Roof, 23, will be moved to a federal prison in another state, where he will ultimately be put to death on charges of hate crimes and obstruction of the practice of religion....

According to federal court documents, Roof’s defense team has until April 25 to provide U.S. District Court Judge Richard Gergel with proposed redactions on several more documents before they are unsealed...

Authorities will likely transfer Roof to a federal penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana, to await execution..."

http://pppfocus.com/2017/04/15/charleston-church-shooter-dylann-roof-is-headed-to-death-row/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a friend who does analyzes of handwriting do one on the handwriting samples that YESorNO post awhile back - here's their analysis:

Dylann's handwriting shows he is in arrested development. He never matured past being a selfish child. Everything is about him. Dylann is truly a sociopath with no conscience whatsoever. He has no empathy for other people, which is why he could shoot down nine people who had just prayed for him. Dylann has no warmth as a human being or sense of humor. Dylann has a persecution complex and feels the need to separate the world into "us vs. them." By hating and eradicating black people, Dylann felt it increased his self- worth - somewhat like the Aurora, CO theatre killer, James Holmes.

The thing young mass murderers have in common is they are usually isolated from family and friends and have some type of grievance "against the world." In addition, no one is actively engaging them or monitoring their behavior - just like Klebold and Harris, the Columbine killers. They should never have been able to amass so many weapons right under their parents' noses, but no one was paying REAL attention to what they were doing.

No one was paying attention to Dylann Roof either, but they are now. The sad thing is, that was part of his motivation, as in "Look at me, I am somebody." Lacking a conscience, killing was the easy way for Dylann to accomplish that desire.

Oh I see he going to plead guilty! Good! Saves the State some $$.

RBBM

I was just re-reading a few posts today, and after reading the RBBM part, I reflected on Holmes (many of us here prollly followed that horrendous and sickening event), and realized that the description given in the citing above ready does reflect on Holmes as well. The "I am somebody" part is so true with all of the mass- or serial-murderers I have studied/followed. I think there was more to Ted Bundy's warped & gruesome personality, but I do think a lot of the above also applied to him. These people are not to pity; they are to put away forever.

This Charleston case was a real tear-jerker for me. And I saw that same look on Roof's face in the last pic I saw of him as I saw in the first pic of him -- so full of a sense of achievement, self-pride and all puffed-up. Grrrrrrr.

Thanks to Niner for the post.

Here ends the mini-rant. :rant:

:justice:

For one SC church, message of forgiveness takes on new meaning

"Easter is a time for grace and forgiveness.

Since the events of June 17, 2015, at a Charleston church, that message has taken on new meaning.

On that day, Dylann Roof killed nine African-Americans during an evening Bible study at Emanuel AME Church.

Soon after Roof’s arrest, law enforcement discovered a handwritten list in Roof’s car – a list containing the names of more than a dozen other churches, most of them African-American congregations – that he was considering. Four of those churches are in the Columbia area.

Among them is New Light Beulah Baptist. And that news perhaps will make Easter Sunday look a little different at the Hopkins church.

New Light’s senior pastor, the Rev. Malcolm Taylor Jr., has put into place a security team at the church. It’s a move many other churches have made since the shooting. On Easter Sunday, when churches typically receive record visitor numbers, that security team will walk the New Light perimeter and monitor the congregation inside.

Yet while that aspect of church life is different, Taylor’s message of Easter Sunday – grace and forgiveness – is timeless.

“I love Dylann Roof and today, if I saw him, I would hug him and say ‘You know what? I forgive you.’ Because guess what? I have to forgive him if I want God to forgive me,” said Taylor, who became New Light’s pastor just months before the Charleston events.

“I preach love regardless. I don’t care what a man does to me. I still have to love him regardless. I may not like his ways but I still love Dylann Roof because he is still a human being and the Bible says we wrestle not against flesh but against principalities. We don’t wrestle against people.”

It’s a message Taylor shares with his congregation every week – not just on Easter Sunday..."

http://www.thestate.com/living/religion/article144819049.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITORIAL

After Dylann Roof, S.C. could loosen gun laws

"Dylann Roof, who was given a death sentence for a cold-blooded shooting in a Charleston church, was the catalyst for the removal of the Confederate flag from Statehouse grounds. He has also had an outsized impact on how residents view gun rights in South Carolina. But no consensus has emerged the way it did for the flag, which is why the state might adopt an extreme law instead of passing any of several sensible gun bills it has also been considering.

Since Roof walked into Emanuel A.M.E. two years ago, the S.C. General Assembly has been pondering how to deal with the “Charleston loophole” that allowed Roof to obtain a gun to commit a massacre. Proposed bills would increase the background check waiting period from three days to five; shorten the time during which a person’s criminal history must be reported; and stiffen penalties for those prohibited from purchasing a gun but who try to buy one anyway. The bills were crafted to not curtail the rights of legal, responsible gun owners, only to make it harder for those who shouldn’t possess such weapons..."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article145065134.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group aims to close ‘Charleston Loophole’ in 2017

Published: January 24, 2017

"CHARLESTON, SC (WCBD)- Local leaders trying to influence legislators to close the Charleston Loophole are hopeful that 2017 will be their year.

Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg says the Emanuel AME Church shooting trial may be over, but there is still work to do because changes in background checks have not been implemented into law.

“It’s not behind us at all,” said Tecklenburg at a press conference Monday, “and now we call that delay the ‘Charleston Loophole’ – it’s a shame.”

Back in 2015, the gunman was able to purchase a handgun, even though he had drug charges. His background check was not completed...

http://wsav.com/2017/01/24/group-aims-to-close-charleston-loophole-in-2017/
---

SC Senate panel propose to close “Charleston Loophole”

MARCH 9, 2017

"The South Carolina Senate’s Special Gun Issues Study Committee last year heard testimony from hundreds of citizens on firearm laws and how they should be changed, if at all.

In particular, interest focused on what’s become known as the “Charleston Loophole” — or a gap in gun sale laws that allowed Dylann Roof to buy the weapon he used to carry out the Emanuel AME Church massacre in June 2015.

Roof was not allowed to buy a gun due to a previous arrest — but was able to make the purchase when an FBI background check could not track down his arrest record due to documentation errors at the local level.

State Sen. Greg Gregory, R-Lancaster, said the hope is to close the loophole. “To look at gun laws in South Carolina in light of the tragedy at Mother Emanuel AME Church that claimed the life of our beloved colleague Sen. Clementa Pinckney,” he said Wednesday.

The “loophole” is used to describe how the FBI had a maximum three days to hold up Roof’s purchase while it checked into his background. The FBI dropped its hold once the three days elapsed.

Gregory said the proposal would change the background check waiting period from three to five days. It would also require courts report all necessary criminal information within ten days towards the State Law Enforcement Division database used for gun background checks..."

https://www.southcarolinaradionetwo...nate-panel-propose-close-charleston-loophole/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylann Roof transferred from Charleston County jail where he has stayed since arrest in Emanuel shooting

"...The U.S. Marshals Service took custody of the convicted killer about 1:15 p.m., jail records and Lt. Rita Zelinsky of the Charleston County Sheriff's Office confirmed.

The move came 11 days after Roof, 23, pleaded guilty to state murder charges in the 2015 shooting, effectively wrapping up local court proceedings in his prosecution...

It was unclear where Roof would go after his transfer from the Sheriff Al Cannon Detention Center...

Eventually, he will be taken to a U.S. Bureau of Prisons facility, though agency records showed he was not immediately in its custody Friday afternoon. His assigned prison will not be made public until he arrives there, agency spokeswoman Tovia Knight said.

South Carolina has medium-security federal prisons in Estill and Edgefield. A prison in Terre Haute, Ind., houses death row inmates."

http://www.postandcourier.com/churc...cle_06fc1072-26bb-11e7-8b5e-276c066d7d2d.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARLESTON AIRPORT HONORS MOTHER EMANUEL AME CHURCH SHOOTING VICTIMS

"The June 2015 shooting of nine people at Charleston, South Carolina’s Mother Emanuel AME Church is one of the most tragic events the city has seen.

To pay tribute to the victims and the five who were wounded, Charleston International Airport has created an exhibit in their honor.

Located in the airport’s Central Hall are two five-foot-high stained glass panes separated by a glass partition which show the church with nine white doves and a cross. At the center of the exhibit in glass casing, is a bible open to the scripture Mark 4:13-20, which is the passage the bible study group was reading when White supremacist Dylann Roof opened fire. Beside the open bible is the closed bible of Rev. Clementa Pinckney who was killed in the shooting.

In a statement, the airport describes the exhibit as providing “a place for reflection and contemplation” for the millions of people who travel through the airport.

“Our airport is the most used public building in our community. The Aviation Authority Board and staff believe this tribute is fitting because the attack on the church and its worshippers was also an attack on our whole community.”..."

https://www.jetmag.com/news/charleston-airport-honors-mother-emanuel-ame-church-shooting-victims/

CharlestonAirportExhibit2-300x200.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charleston church shooter on federal death row in Indiana

"CHARLESTON, S.C. —
Convicted South Carolina church shooter Dylann Roof is now on federal death row in Indiana.

Prison records from Charleston County jail show Roof left its custody Friday.

Federal records on Saturday show Roof is now being held at the United States Penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana. The facility houses federal inmates awaiting death sentences..."

http://www.kcra.com/article/charleston-church-shooter-on-federal-death-row-in-indiana/9544501
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good-bye

CHARLESTON AIRPORT HONORS MOTHER EMANUEL AME CHURCH SHOOTING VICTIMS

"The June 2015 shooting of nine people at Charleston, South Carolina’s Mother Emanuel AME Church is one of the most tragic events the city has seen.

To pay tribute to the victims and the five who were wounded, Charleston International Airport has created an exhibit in their honor.

Located in the airport’s Central Hall are two five-foot-high stained glass panes separated by a glass partition which show the church with nine white doves and a cross. At the center of the exhibit in glass casing, is a bible open to the scripture Mark 4:13-20, which is the passage the bible study group was reading when White supremacist Dylann Roof opened fire. Beside the open bible is the closed bible of Rev. Clementa Pinckney who was killed in the shooting.

In a statement, the airport describes the exhibit as providing “a place for reflection and contemplation” for the millions of people who travel through the airport.

“Our airport is the most used public building in our community. The Aviation Authority Board and staff believe this tribute is fitting because the attack on the church and its worshippers was also an attack on our whole community.”..."

https://www.jetmag.com/news/charleston-airport-honors-mother-emanuel-ame-church-shooting-victims/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, how beautiful. Whether you are religious or not, the beauty and remembrance of the evil-overcome-with-forgiveness should be a poignant reminder to everyone, that love does conquer hate. It put a big lump in my throat. SMH. What wonderful tribute.

Thanks for sharing.

Time drags on at Death Row, USP Terre Haute
Dylann Roof latest inmate, but feds haven't executed anyone since 2004

"Dylann Roof – the newest and youngest inmate housed on federal Death Row – now waits with 51 others sentenced to die by lethal injection at the U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute.

Roof – the 23-year-old gunman convicted of killing nine members of a Bible study group at a South Carolina church in 2015 – was moved to the maximum security federal prison on April 21.

In a month when the state of Arkansas has executed four condemned inmates on an accelerated schedule because the state’s lethal-injection drugs were about to expire, the wait on federal Death Row shows no signs of ending soon.

It’s been about 14 years since the last federal execution was carried out. A federal moratorium has put the lethal injection process in limbo since 2004, pending a Justice Department review after a series of botched state executions blamed on faulty drugs.

Roof is the first person sentenced to death under the federal Shepard/Byrd Hate Crimes Act...

Federal inmates with death sentences are usually housed in a “Special Confinement Unit” established at the Terre Haute penitentiary by the Bureau of Prisons in the 1990s.

Not all at Terre Haute

Three inmates have been executed at USP Terre Haute since then — Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh in 2001, drug kingpin Juan Raul Garza in 2001 and murderer/rapist Louis Jones Jr. in 2003. The moratorium went into effect the next year.

In addition to the 52 inmates housed on death row in Terre Haute, five other people with death sentences are being housed at other federal facilities. They will ultimately be transferred to the Terre Haute USP if their execution is to be carried out.

Three of those inmates are housed at the federal Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX), the federal prison system’s super-maximum-security penitentiary in Florence, Colorado.

Among those at ADX are Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who was 21 when he was convicted of 30 counts related to the bombing plot instigated by his older brother, Tamerlan.

Seventeen of those 30 counts carried a possible death sentence...."

http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_...cle_1735f81a-6c88-5c54-b529-367d940c96c6.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylann Roof’s attorneys suspected he had autism, said he had ‘blushing attacks’

"Charleston church killer Dylann Roof suffers from “blushing attacks,” believes his forehead is “too large and ugly” and likely suffers from autism, attorneys representing him told an examiner, according to a recently unsealed evaluation.

The Nov. 15 report was written after several examinations were conducted to see if Roof was mentally fit to stand trial by order of presiding federal judge Richard Gergel. The report reveals extensive details involving Roof’s past, including his drug and criminal history, and his admittance that he has “all kinds of anxiety.”

The evaluation, unsealed on Wednesday along with hundreds of documents, was conducted after Roof submitted a letter to the prosecution claiming his attorneys were preparing to use a “lie that he was autistic.” He would later tell court-appointed evaluator James Ballenger he learned of the “autism idea” from his father, Franklin Roof....

Among his conclusions, Ballenger said Roof had “perhaps some Autistic traits” and meets the criteria for “Social Anxiety Disorder, probably Generalized Anxiety Disorder, possible Autistic Spectrum Disorder, a Mixed Substance Abuse Disorder, depression by history and a Schizoid Personality Disorder.” ...

Gergel agreed with Ballenger’s conclusion that Roof was not psychotic but had “a deep seated, extensive and well established prejudice againt blacks, Jews and homosexuals” and allowed Roof to stand trial.

To support that argument, Ballenger wrote in the report it was “reasonable to postulate that (Roof’s) father’s racial prejudices and belief that a race war may well be coming and his fondness for guns may have provided a stimulus for development of the defendant’s ideas.”

Ballenger went on to write that the elder Roof’s ex-wife told the FBI in July 2015 that Roof “sang a very offensive rap song about ‘n------’ when he was 21 years old at the urging of his father.” Roof’s father also allegedly told her just days before the June church massacre how “he was preparing for a race war and the evidence was in the news, as well as how he had bought a gun and had gotten a concealed weapons permit.”..."

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article149742629.html

http://www.postandcourier.com/churc...cle_8374ec44-3a31-11e7-84ee-eb6a34b7df0c.html

I really recommend you read this article....there is too much to quote....speechless.

Videos of DR in jail visits are available only by appt at the court house. They were shown to the media at the court house.

There are 4 videos of DR visiting with his parents, his sister and her boyfriend.

DR makes his dad cry "Roof told his father nonchalantly, "I'm going to make this even worse."

"What's wrong with you, son?" Benn Roof said. "You've got to be kidding me. Don't do something stupid. You've already done enough!"

The father then stepped away in tears, leaving Roof's mother to insist that nothing could be worse than what Roof already had done. She berated the 22-year-old but also insisted they still loved him."

"In January, the time of his second competency hearing, Roof objected to releasing the jail videos, arguing that doing so infringed on the privacy rights of his family members. "

He really thinks he will go free one day and everything seems to be a joke....sorry...you need to read the article.

http://www.postandcourier.com/churc...cle_8374ec44-3a31-11e7-84ee-eb6a34b7df0c.html

I really recommend you read this article....there is too much to quote....speechless.

Videos of DR in jail visits are available only by appt at the court house. They were shown to the media at the court house.

There are 4 videos of DR visiting with his parents, his sister and her boyfriend.

DR makes his dad cry "Roof told his father nonchalantly, "I'm going to make this even worse."

"What's wrong with you, son?" Benn Roof said. "You've got to be kidding me. Don't do something stupid. You've already done enough!"

The father then stepped away in tears, leaving Roof's mother to insist that nothing could be worse than what Roof already had done. She berated the 22-year-old but also insisted they still loved him."

"In January, the time of his second competency hearing, Roof objected to releasing the jail videos, arguing that doing so infringed on the privacy rights of his family members. "

He really thinks he will go free one day and everything seems to be a joke....sorry...you need to read the article.

He only seemed to show emotion when speaking to his family about his health, including when he told his parents that he had SYPHILIS (which he insists he was born with!)

WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY! Syphilis isn't even an incurable STD or one that a person born with must live with for an entire lifetime!

He told his mom he was "an attorney" working on a capital murder case. Yep, he definitely resides in fantasyland if he honestly believed that representing himself made him an attorney.

ETA: and WHO on earth would get into bed with that guy? I guess he could have paid for the sex. Regardless, I sincerely feel sorry for whoever they may be. I mean, could you imagine? I would be drowning in shame and self-loathing if I had only done as much as loan him a pencil back in second grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Federal judge denies Dylann Roof new trial, newly-unsealed documents released

"...Roof's second competency evaluation unsealed

Newly released documents include a second competency evaluation performed on Jan. 1....

"Almost before we began, he asked about the color of my gray suit coat, asking whether it was a blend of black and what other color," Ballenger wrote. "He then rapidly turned his attention to his irritation about his stand-by lawyers 'messing with [him]."

Ballenger reported Roof stated concerns about an earlier expert report, asking how someone who is "a severe autistic person" could tell if another person is autistic. Roof also said the question for him now is whether he can keep the record sealed as time passes, "especially with his state trial coming up," the report states.

Roof told Ballenger the plan for the penalty phase of the federal case was to call no witnesses and have no cross-examination, but that if witnesses were called, there were things previously said that Roof would want to cross-examine them about, the report states.

"He stated that he was planning to do opening and closing statements and 'my kind of defense,'" the report states. "He said the closing would be dramatic, but that he couldn't tell me about it. However, both would be 'good.'" ...

Roof took issue with Ballenger's earlier report that claimed that Roof's concerns with mental health diagnoses were based on the potential that they could cause problems for Roof in a future white nationalists' world. Roof told the doctor the concern wasn't about that, but that the diagnoses themselves were untrue. However, a second issue was that he did not want any issue to "take away from the rationale he had for committing his crimes," the report states.

Ballenger reported that Roof went through the list of diagnoses and agreed that he suffers from Social Anxiety Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but that the two had a "small disagreement" about whether Roof had a mixed substance abuse disorder.

"His principal disagreement was whether or not he had Schizoid Personality Disorder," the report states. "He stated that he had Avoidant Personality Disorder and disagreed with the Schizoid Personality Disorder because he had read the DSM-V Manual and read that magical thinking was part of the Schizoid Personality Disorder diagnosis."

Roof said the best way he found to explain his thinking is the analogy of his being a Jihadist, asking why his attorneys would think he would want "a Jewish woman" from the Southern Law Institute to testify for him.

"She is someone who works against the white nationalist movement and is 'Jewish on top of that,'" Ballenger wrote, quoting Roof.

He said Roof also claimed he "can't win" about whether he stares at people in court or stares down at the floor, the report states...

Ballenger reported that Roof claimed he "hated" his attorney, David Bruck, and if Roof were ever out of prison that he would try to kill Bruck..."

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/35...f-new-trial-newly-unsealed-documents-released
---

Second Competency Report: (23 pages)

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...rary/840e341e-a2bc-4484-85f3-e3f0f5676182.pdf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylann Roof Jail Videos: Jokes, Spats, No Mention Of 9 Slain

"CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A week before the sentencing phase of his trial, Dylann Roof got a visit in jail from his mother, who pleaded with him to reconsider his decision to act as his own lawyer in the fatal shootings of nine black worshippers at a South Carolina church.

But Roof was more concerned with the clothes he would wear to court. Since he could not have his first choice of his comfortable jail jumpsuit, he wanted two-tone gray pants, inseam 29, not 30, so they wouldn’t hang over his shoes. He also wanted thicker sweaters. And he wanted his lawyers at the defense table for one reason.
“So I can abuse them,” Roof said with an awkward laugh in one of four jailhouse videos released Tuesday by federal court officials.

In the nearly three hours of footage from family visits, Roof laughed at his dad’s jokes, tried to trick his mom into thinking he had tinsel and a stocking in his cell for Christmas and told his half-sister he would invite her to his execution. He also upbraided his mom for feeding his cats too many treats and told his dad not to believe all of Donald Trump’s promises now that he’s president.

He even cried, convinced he had syphilis despite extensive examinations by doctors. Recently released court papers indicate that the 23-year-old told a psychologist that he never had a girlfriend...

The videos reinforced Roof’s quirks — his abrupt changes in conversation topics, jokes made with no changes in tone or facial expression to indicate he was kidding and his insistence there was something physically wrong with him even after doctors ruled it out.

The videos also show Roof’s struggles with empathy...

Roof smiled during one visit when his dad told him that Roof’s suspicions that a family friend had an autism-related disorder were correct. “Who could not have known it if you’ve seen him? He’s weird,” Roof said.

But Roof told a judge during his competency hearing he would rather die by lethal injection than let his lawyers tell the jury he had been diagnosed behind bars with autism.
“I don’t have autism. Nerds and losers have autism,” Roof told one of his examiners.

Most of the videos show Roof’s parents and then-16-year-old sister trying to make small talk.

Roof asked his sister what she wanted to do as a career, scoffing at the unoriginality of her dream to be a nurse. He told her that he no longer had to worry about making a living because he was in prison.

Roof’s sister smiled back. “You’re a professional dumbass,” she said."

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/dylann-roof-jail-videos-jokes-spats-no-mention-of-9-slain/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense experts portray Dylann Roof as obsessive, delusional loner

"Dylann Roof treasured his jail jumpsuit, the one with crisp and distinctive stripes. He followed jail rules, except when he hid a similar spare jumpsuit in his cell just in case he was given one that was too faded, too blended into nebulous shades of grey, for him to tolerate.

The man who sowed so much terror and chaos the night he gunned down nine people in a Charleston church long had craved order and predictability for himself. As a child, he insisted on being washed in a specific sequence, head to toe, and couldn't stand washcloths that had touched his feet first.

As an adolescent, he stood over his mother as she laundered his clothes to ensure she used a certain detergent in the precise amount, his clothes all turned inside out. And when a defense attorney fighting for his life brought him clothes to wear to court, the 22-year-old focused not on facing possible execution but rather that she’d used too much detergent washing his sweater...

Even those who knew him best and loved him most repeatedly described him as odd and withdrawn, socially clueless and devoid of emotion — not cruel or rude but simply blank. Once, when asked if he was afraid of anything, Roof replied: people...

As a child, he read encyclopedias and did well in school. On an IQ test he took after the killings, he scored in the superior range of intellectual function.

However, bizarre behaviors appeared early on. When he was about 8 years old, Roof noticed the “clouds were moving too fast." And that meant “something wrong or bad was going on," Paul Moberg, a clinical neuropsychologist, wrote in his report.

Roof began having what he thought were panic attacks when he was around 10 or 11 and increasingly feared leaving his house..."

http://www.postandcourier.com/churc...cle_7b82038a-3687-11e7-8fc8-7b9f2fb39774.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roof mental health records (55 pages)

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e7-a9f9-a746ca384eef/5919e9bf4daea.pdf.pdf
----

Roof search warrant and jail records (111 pages)

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e7-b7a4-0b242a9900bc/5919eabc58d25.pdf.pdf
----

Roof jail evaluations (18 pages)

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e7-a1c4-d71b8b752b77/5919eaee8dede.pdf.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back