Identified! SC - Norway, Body found in freezer at abandoned "haunted" house. Jan'21 - Robert Fuller

@data_nerd_2005 Can you confirm if you got a reply from Copper Finch, specifically about their artist Eddie Kane? His contrast and style looks so similar to this tattoo, it would fit right in with much of his portfolio.
This one caught my eye: Facebook

I did not receive an answer from them, but it does show that they read my message. Feel free to reach out again to any of the places on my list! Only 1/5th have replied and about half have read the messages, half have not. Insta or email might be better for some places.

Last edited:
May I ask your reasoning for the doubt? We don’t have much to go on yet, so I personally think it’s sixes, as far as race goes.

Because at this point it is pure speculation based on an ambigous tattoo alone.
Also while anything is possible, ive yet to hear about filipinos substantially involved in crime or drugs... but of course that is highly individual.

Because at this point it is pure speculation based on an ambigous tattoo alone.
Also while anything is possible, ive yet to hear about filipinos substantially involved in crime or drugs... but of course that is highly individual.

But there isn’t evidence this victim was involved in crime or drugs. We don’t even know his name or the names of those who killed him. For all we know, he was killed by a stranger, friend, acquaintance or family member for reasons far removed from crime or drugs. I’m not married to the theory that he’s Filipino, but we have to start somewhere (that the tattoo initially seemed to point to), unless we’re going to sit around twiddling our thumbs rather than speculate, which isn’t what we do here. :)

Just to widen out, is there another direction besides Filipino that we could look at based on what we have? Earlier, we talked about the symbol being a life preserver and the tattoo being of a dead family member who was in the Navy. Also, I realize the tattoo portrait isn’t super clear, but would it be beyond the scope of facial recognition technology (asks Lilibet, who know nothing about that subject:D). Also, isn’t there a way to run photos through a program that shows if they are anywhere else on the internet? I know I used that ages ago. One would think the victim might have showed off his tat on a FB page or something. I will explore that idea.

Last edited:
I was just browsing a Native American site for reasons completely unrelated to this, and ended up on a page related to tattoos. I was struck by one of the faces, and I realized the symbols for happiness are also round, and not entirely unlike the "lifebuoy".

Could this face be Native American?

edited: here is a random one, pulled from an image search to illustrate what I am getting at.View attachment 288294

I sort of wondered too about where he hailed from. If the image is smoking a cigar I'd wonder if it referenced South America or Cuba tbh. Personally I am just gonna throw a wide net at the race thing. And focus on it being someone who clearly loves tattoos, and can afford some decent portrait work.
(Here that ain't cheap, not to mention hard to find artists you like)

I think the killer may be fairly local, due to that the house was light on fire, which means he/she has ties enough to the victim to worry about getting Caught. And lives nearby to get to the house within x time-period.

Also, isn’t there a way to run photos through a program that shows if they are anywhere else on the internet? I know I used that ages ago. One would think the victim might have showed off his tat on a FB page or something. I will explore that idea.

Well, that didn’t take long, using Google Reverse Image search. All that showed up were articles showing a photo of the victim’s tattoo. Some of the articles were in Vietnamese and Chinese so I used “translate” to check them out. Nothing new, except the names of some of the kids who found the body (I don’t remember that from articles here). All the articles reference a “rising sun” rather than a life preserver.

Small add on about the tattoo.
It looks like the portrait tattoo covers to some degree the Life-preserver tattoo. It could be background work or a partial cover up job?

I do not think it is a rising sun BTW. There are hints of an anchor (or arrow) there. Which would not fit with the sun idea.

Last edited:
I sort of wondered too about where he hailed from. If the image is smoking a cigar I'd wonder if it referenced South America or Cuba tbh. Personally I am just gonna throw a wide net at the race thing. And focus on it being someone who clearly loves tattoos, and can afford some decent portrait work.
(Here that ain't cheap, not to mention hard to find artists you like)

I think the killer may be fairly local, due to that the house was light on fire, which means he/she has ties enough to the victim to worry about getting Caught. And lives nearby to get to the house within x time-period.

Yes, I agree we need to widen out the focus. Where would we look for someone who loves tattoos and has the money for a nice one?

I agree that the killer must be local for the reasons you mention. It would likely be someone who knew about the freezer. I’m sure LE is checking out the renter who left it there. The victim is either local or possibly visited the killer IMO.

Small add on about the tattoo.
It looks like the portrait tattoo covers to some degree the Life-preserver tattoo. It could be background work or a partial cover up job?

Looking at the picture closely, it’s very dark in the area you mention, almost like degraded skin? It covers up the hair. (I copied the photo from a news article and edited the size).

upload_2021-3-12_0-19-46.jpeg

Yes, I agree we need to widen out the focus. Where would we look for someone who loves tattoos and has the money for a nice one?

I agree that the killer must be local for the reasons you mention. It would likely be someone who knew about the freezer. I’m sure LE is checking out the renter who left it there. The victim is either local or possibly visited the killer IMO.

Looking at the picture closely, it’s very dark in the area you mention, almost like degraded skin? It covers up the hair. (I copied the photo from a news article and edited the size).

View attachment 288322

Most who get a portrait tattoo talk about getting one. To friends, family, their social media. Then they also show it off afterwards. Most I know (aside my cousin who is a tattoo artist-apprentice) saved up money to get theirs. Often they get it of someone who meant something to them or a famous person.

Sometimes apprentice work is cheaper (or free). Here you have to put in half as a deposit up front if you want a tattoo. As a deposit. (or it used to be a thing. Unsure about the norm today)

Bigger it is, more expensive it is.
This tattoo has a fair size, has shading, so it had some work into it. What we see is degraded obv, but the bouye (?) and face had shading

Google search gave an average of 200 dollars pr hour for portrait tattoos, but this will vary with the artist. Average time is anything between 3-9 hours depending on size, situation, and what type of tattoo (color, 3d etc)

Last edited:
Ok so this guy is interesting:
Christopher Allen Jernigan, 29
Went missing in March 2020

He has a bunch of tattoos listed on namus.
TATTOO, F.ARM, RIGHT
PIERCED OR HOLE, RIGHT EAR
TATTOO, LEFT ARM, GRIM REAPER, PANTHER
PIERCED OR HOLE LEFT EAR
PIERCED OR HOLE, EYE LEFT,
RING IN LEFT EYEBROW
TATTOO, RIGHT HAND, A WITH CIRCLE AROUND IT, OZZY SCAR ON RIGHT CHEEK
TATTOO, NECK, CAPRICORN SIGN
TATTOO, RIGHT ARM, SUN, EAGLE, KORN, STAR TATTOO,
LEFT HAND, NLM ON 4TH FINGER TATTOO,
BACK, DEAD GIRL, GRANDDADDY
RIGHT ARM SUN

Went missing 3 hours from Norway, SC, in Lincolnton, NC.

Only reason I find him interesting is; Grandaddy description. Does not say if it is text or a portrait. Can not find images of his tattoos. His gramps served in the US Army.

Last edited:
Ok so this guy is interesting:
Christopher Allen Jernigan, 29
Went missing in March 2020

He has a bunch of tattoos listed on namus.
TATTOO, F.ARM, RIGHT
PIERCED OR HOLE, RIGHT EAR
TATTOO, LEFT ARM, GRIM REAPER, PANTHER
PIERCED OR HOLE LEFT EAR
PIERCED OR HOLE, EYE LEFT,
RING IN LEFT EYEBROW
TATTOO, RIGHT HAND, A WITH CIRCLE AROUND IT, OZZY SCAR ON RIGHT CHEEK
TATTOO, NECK, CAPRICORN SIGN
TATTOO, RIGHT ARM, SUN, EAGLE, KORN, STAR TATTOO,
LEFT HAND, NLM ON 4TH FINGER TATTOO,
BACK, DEAD GIRL, GRANDDADDY
RIGHT ARM SUN

Went missing 3 hours from Norway, SC, in Lincolnton, NC.

Only reason I find him interesting is; Grandaddy description. Does not say if it is text or a portrait. Can not find images of his tattoos. His gramps served in the US Army.

Good catch! It says the granddaddy tattoo was on his back, but I suppose that could be a mistake.

Good catch! It says the granddaddy tattoo was on his back, but I suppose that could be a mistake.

Yes I was wondering about that too. But he had quite a lot, and remembering where they all were could be difficult. Or someone just typoed the last line; and it was supposed to be on "the right arm" which is the last line on the list.

This guy here , who went missing in 2010 also had a tattoo of "his father" on the right arm
Sean Adrian Aguilar, age: 42 when he went missing.
Went missing in AZ.
- Upper left arm of "Aguilar"
- Upper right arm of Aztec woman and father
- Upper right arm tattoo of a gun
- Chest tattoo of woman
- Right shoulder tattoo of woman's face
- Left shoulder tattoo of theater masks

@data_nerd_2005 Can you confirm if you got a reply from Copper Finch, specifically about their artist Eddie Kane? His contrast and style looks so similar to this tattoo, it would fit right in with much of his portfolio.
This one caught my eye: Facebook

I did not receive an answer from them, but it does show that they read my message. Feel free to reach out again to any of the places on my list! Only 1/5th have replied and about half have read the messages, half had not. Insta or email might be better for some places.
Just to widen out, is there another direction besides Filipino that we could look at based on what we have? Earlier, we talked about the symbol being a life preserver and the tattoo being of a dead family member who was in the Navy. Also, I realize the tattoo portrait isn’t super clear, but would it be beyond the scope of facial recognition technology (asks Lilibet, who know nothing about that subject:D). Also, isn’t there a way to run photos through a program that shows if they are anywhere else on the internet? I know I used that ages ago. One would think the victim might have showed off his tat on a FB page or something. I will explore that idea.

I did a reverse image search with no luck. Sadly Facebook is not good at sharing their data (unless you pay), so it is not easy to mass search pictures. My data science specialty is also text analysis, so I might not be able to help much with picture matching (and even if I could they tend to be much harder to train correctly types of models).

I've had some other ideas moving forward:
1. Focusing on tattoo shops that specialize in realism/portraits in GA/NC/SC. The one tattoo shop that gave me the history of tattooing in SC makes me think that if this was done upwards of 10 yrs ago, somebody might have had to travel out of state for it.

2. Trying to find Facebook groups for tattoo artists/conventions in the states mentioned above. It could make more of an impact to mass share with them.

3. Creation of a flyer to share on Facebook. I could probably ask some tattoo shops to repost it which could help get the word out. (if anybody has flyer making skills, please help. I am good at coding: not art haha)

Another possibility for affording nicer quality tattoos and the odd juxtaposition could be this person offered to model/be a practice subject. A friend of mine did this when we were young in order to get a really large, intricate tattoo she wanted but was a bit more than she could afford.

Just found a page on Facebook called "Missing Ink",which shows photos and cases of missing people with tattoos, and UIDs with tattoos. I am scanning, and no matches so far, but perhaps we could suggest this UID?

Sorry for the serial posts, but does anyone else think the portrait may have a pipe in its mouth? The angle of the lips, and if you enlarge, I can sort of make out something? Puff of smoke? Perhaps I am filing in too many details....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back