SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaugh Murders: Judicial Interference? | FitsNews, 18 Oct 2021

A South Carolina circuit court judge has been accused of improperly inserting himself into the ongoing drama surrounding disgraced attorney Alex Murdaugh – the man at the center of the still-unspooling ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga.

According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, S.C. circuit court judge Casey Manning – who has served as a judge on the Palmetto State’s fifth circuit since 1994 – contacted plaintiff’s attorney Eric Bland and encouraged him to back down from attempting to depose fellow S.C. circuit court judge Carmen Mullen.

<snipped>

The collapse of the Murdaugh empire – including numerous judges who coddled the family and its influential law firm – has sent shock waves through the Palmetto State’s legal community. It also has placed many of the state’s judges – who are currently vetted and screened by state lawmakers as part of a notoriously corrupt judicial selection process – on high alert. Furthermore, it has emboldened calls for reform of the current system of choosing judges.

Manning is a mentor to Mullen, his former law clerk. In fact, sources familiar with their relationship say he has often referred to the scandal-scarred judge as his “daughter.” Beyond this, though, Manning is a member of the S.C. Commission on Judicial Conduct (SCCJC), a panel which hears complaints filed against South Carolina judges.

In fact, sources familiar with the workings of this panel claim Manning has shielded Mullen from complaints filed against her in the past – although they declined to offer specifics. …

<snipped>

Last edited:
A fairytale to ponder…

Once upon a time, there was a family who had a large country estate where they had space for their home, buildings for equipment, and even kennels for dogs. Supposedly one of their children had a friend with a dog that was unwell and the family allowed him to house the dog in their kennel. One night the mother was talking with the vet about the visiting dog when she heard gun shots. In fact the vet also heard the gun fire too so the conversation ended. It is assumed the mother ran to where she heard the shots and she was shot. Some have claimed out of concern the vet drove to the family estate after the call ended, and was there when the person who found the bodies called 9-1-1, as it sounded like the caller wasn’t alone. For now this is a mystery since some names were redacted on police report, but the vet phone call allegedly contributed to the murder timeline. This seems like the end of a sad tale, but it’s not…

It was made up by me.

If none of these people have cameras and security systems you have to wonder: were they even wealthy at all (outside of the poorest county in SC)? Is it all just tabloid journalism?o_O

note to self: consider making all formal event photos private for fear of being painted as a dynasty ;)
Well with Moselle, why have cameras rolling on teenagers allowed to party there all the time. Being lawyers that would not be wise having video documentation of letting the law be broken over and over and being liable for their actions being drunk when they leave.

Murdaugh house workers also pose a threat to being suing for injuries...although with AM's history one if those was an extreme pay day.

FitsNews delves into “Boll Weevil” and Murdaugh connections, as they promised. There is more than I am probably allowed to copy but it’s so tangled, I don’t dare try to outline the salient points remaining.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: More Ties Linking Alex Murdaugh, Alleged Drug Smuggler Uncovered | FitsNews, 18 Oct 2021

<snipped>
Boulware and Murdaugh were thick as thieves – and so were their families. In fact, two months before he passed away Barrett granted power of attorney (.pdf) to Alex Murdaugh – putting the ethically challenged lawyer in charge of all of his assets (including the disposition of numerous properties in the Palmetto Lowcountry).

Additionally, Murdaugh and Barrett were co-owners of multiple Lowcountry properties … and Barrett was the former owner of “Moselle,” the Murdaugh family hunting lodge which was the site of a brutal double homicide in June of this year.

<snipped>

Given the sheer volume of records involving both of these men, the trail is not easy to follow. … But there is one connection I found which struck me as … very curious.

One of the first records goes back to June 9, 2010, which is when Ronnie Crosby – one of Murdaugh’s partners at the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm – took out a $150,752.81mortgage (.pdf) on a piece of property Boulware was selling to a company called Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters LLC. A second mortgage (.pdf) in the amount of $151,164.09 was taken out a year-and-a-half later – also on a piece of property Boulware was selling to a separate incorporation called Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management, LLC.

On the second mortgage, Crosby is listed as a member of the Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management LLC. To be clear: Crosby was not listed on the mortgage document as a registered agent or as an attorney representing the company, but rather as a member of the limited liability corporation

On the first mortgage, however, the signatory listed as the responsible member for the other company, Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters LLC, is none other than
Alex Murdaugh. [BBM]

(Click to view)

(Via: Beaufort County Register of Deeds)

As with Crosby’s signature on the second mortgage, Murdaugh did not sign his mortgage document as a representing attorney or a registered agent. He signed it as a member of the limited liability corporation

Of interest? On May 17, 2021 – three weeks before the Moselle murders [BBM]– the second mortgage (the one for Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management LLC) was recorded as having been “satisfied” (.pdf) with the Beaufort county register of deeds. As of this writing, however, there is no record of the first mortgage – the one issued to Alex Murdaugh’s company – having been satisfied.

Last month, though – on September 24, 2021 – the Boulware property that was purchased by Murdaugh’s incorporation, Jenkins Creek Marine And Charters LLC, was granted to Crosby in a bizarrely worded “covenant” (.pdf) for $5.00.

Among the conditions of this “covenant?” Crosby’s assurance not to sue Murdaugh’s company “in order to recover a personal judgment” against it. [BBM]

That is curious language considering Crosby remains a partner at PMPED, which just this month filed a lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh in connection with its allegation that he stole more than $10 million from its coffers – which, incidentally, is the focus of one of the six SLED criminal investigations. It is even more curious considering PMPED partners claimed to have discovered Murdaugh’s theft on September 2, 2021.

<snipped>
THERE IS MORE IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BLOG.
Oh what a tangle web these lawyers weave when practicing to deceive...and possibly makung a doo-doo load of drug monies. I remember in a movie I saw about a Cuban drug lord, he just had too much money for the banks to launder and had to find others ways. I don't know why that movie just popped into my head?

Murdaugh Murders: Judicial Interference? | FitsNews, 18 Oct 2021

A South Carolina circuit court judge has been accused of improperly inserting himself into the ongoing drama surrounding disgraced attorney Alex Murdaugh – the man at the center of the still-unspooling ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga.

According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, S.C. circuit court judge Casey Manning – who has served as a judge on the Palmetto State’s fifth circuit since 1994 – contacted plaintiff’s attorney Eric Bland and encouraged him to back down from attempting to depose fellow S.C. circuit court judge Carmen Mullen.

<snipped>

The collapse of the Murdaugh empire – including numerous judges who coddled the family and its influential law firm – has sent shock waves through the Palmetto State’s legal community. It also has placed many of the state’s judges – who are currently vetted and screened by state lawmakers as part of a notoriously corrupt judicial selection process – on high alert. Furthermore, it has emboldened calls for reform of the current system of choosing judges.

Manning is a mentor to Mullen, his former law clerk. In fact, sources familiar with their relationship say he has often referred to the scandal-scarred judge as his “daughter.” Beyond this, though, Manning is a member of the S.C. Commission on Judicial Conduct (SCCJC), a panel which hears complaints filed against South Carolina judges.

In fact, sources familiar with the workings of this panel claim Manning has shielded Mullen from complaints filed against her in the past – although they declined to offer specifics. …

<snipped>
Oh boy, oh boy...knew there was more coming from the judicial. The iceberg is starting to flip over and show the humungous underside. I sure hope there's a few more brave and decent lawyers in SC to help with the flip.

So all that says nothing about fentanyl being administered to AM on the helo ride. It just seems fishy now to me. Like his lawyers, well his PR firm, are releasing random pages of hospital test evidence maybe trying to show a confirmation of AM's supposed habitual addiction. Like a see everybody he had opiates in his system, yet they don't address the fact that emergency personnel actually gave him a strong opiate during transport to the hospital. AJMO
Last paragraph of document 4 from link cited that 2 doses of Fentanyl were given for pain as well as Zofran for nausea.

The disgraced scion, whose family had maintained legal and prosecutorial influence in the state’s Lowcountry region for over a century, is scheduled to appear before Judge Clifton Newman, who is considered an at-large judge in the South Carolina Circuit Court, at a 10 a.m. hearing at the Richland County Courthouse in Columbia, S.C., Fox News Digital has learned.

Alex Murdaugh to appear for SC bond hearing after 5 days behind bars

"This takes it out of the local solicitors’ hands and givens more sunlight on the scenario of what’s going on," Harrell said Monday. "In essence, the top prosecutor’s office is overseeing the prosecution of these charges because they stem from various counties and various circuits in the state of South Carolina, so they’re trying to keep everything together under one house to pull resources and make sure evidence doesn’t go missing in rural counties."

"I don’t think he’ll get a PR bond [again] because he’s already got pending charges," Harrell said Monday. "I do think he’s be granted a bond … it’ll probably be a higher bond and he’ll have to post it."

The former prosecutor expected that this time around one of the conditions of Murdaugh’s bond will likely be an ankle monitor, as it makes sense for the defendant to participate in his own defense and not clog up the jail system while the court system can still keep tabs on his whereabouts.

FitsNews delves into “Boll Weevil” and Murdaugh connections, as they promised. There is more than I am probably allowed to copy but it’s so tangled, I don’t dare try to outline the salient points remaining.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: More Ties Linking Alex Murdaugh, Alleged Drug Smuggler Uncovered | FitsNews, 18 Oct 2021

<snipped>
Boulware and Murdaugh were thick as thieves – and so were their families. In fact, two months before he passed away Barrett granted power of attorney (.pdf) to Alex Murdaugh – putting the ethically challenged lawyer in charge of all of his assets (including the disposition of numerous properties in the Palmetto Lowcountry).

Additionally, Murdaugh and Barrett were co-owners of multiple Lowcountry properties … and Barrett was the former owner of “Moselle,” the Murdaugh family hunting lodge which was the site of a brutal double homicide in June of this year.

<snipped>

Given the sheer volume of records involving both of these men, the trail is not easy to follow. … But there is one connection I found which struck me as … very curious.

One of the first records goes back to June 9, 2010, which is when Ronnie Crosby – one of Murdaugh’s partners at the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm – took out a $150,752.81mortgage (.pdf) on a piece of property Boulware was selling to a company called Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters LLC. A second mortgage (.pdf) in the amount of $151,164.09 was taken out a year-and-a-half later – also on a piece of property Boulware was selling to a separate incorporation called Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management, LLC.

On the second mortgage, Crosby is listed as a member of the Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management LLC. To be clear: Crosby was not listed on the mortgage document as a registered agent or as an attorney representing the company, but rather as a member of the limited liability corporation

On the first mortgage, however, the signatory listed as the responsible member for the other company, Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters LLC, is none other than
Alex Murdaugh. [BBM]

(Click to view)

(Via: Beaufort County Register of Deeds)

As with Crosby’s signature on the second mortgage, Murdaugh did not sign his mortgage document as a representing attorney or a registered agent. He signed it as a member of the limited liability corporation

Of interest? On May 17, 2021 – three weeks before the Moselle murders [BBM]– the second mortgage (the one for Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management LLC) was recorded as having been “satisfied” (.pdf) with the Beaufort county register of deeds. As of this writing, however, there is no record of the first mortgage – the one issued to Alex Murdaugh’s company – having been satisfied.

Last month, though – on September 24, 2021 – the Boulware property that was purchased by Murdaugh’s incorporation, Jenkins Creek Marine And Charters LLC, was granted to Crosby in a bizarrely worded “covenant” (.pdf) for $5.00.

Among the conditions of this “covenant?” Crosby’s assurance not to sue Murdaugh’s company “in order to recover a personal judgment” against it. [BBM]

That is curious language considering Crosby remains a partner at PMPED, which just this month filed a lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh in connection with its allegation that he stole more than $10 million from its coffers – which, incidentally, is the focus of one of the six SLED criminal investigations. It is even more curious considering PMPED partners claimed to have discovered Murdaugh’s theft on September 2, 2021.

<snipped>
THERE IS MORE IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BLOG.

Thanks for link. @LetsSolvIt

https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/d60b179b-75ef-4aa5-af9a-64e9730eb9e4.pdf

He did this while in Florida rehab sept 24.?

Don’t think this property was in the Beach Lis Pendens against AM.

Jmo

These drama-infused "headlines" really get my goat, lol. There's plenty enough scandal and pathetic maneuvering that is already going on with AM.

Portraying a standard bond hearing as an arestees wish to leave jail is a bit overly creative for a major news outlet.
IMO
I agree on your thoughts re the headline.
But I do think Alex wishes to leave jail.
HA!
Doubt he will unless astronomical bail.
Interesting to see who/how it will be paid if so.

Planning my morning around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members