SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope AM takes full advantage of any resources available to him while in custody. Many jails have very robust 12-Step programs. It's not the appropriate treatment approach for every addict, (of course) but when thrown a life-ring, it's not a bad recommendation to grab on tightly and put your life in the hands of a power outside /greater than yourself.

IMO

Agreed. It will be much easier for him to wallow in jail in self pity and the disaster his life has turned into, but if he has any ambition of surviving all of this, he will need to choose those resources.

I have no idea the extent problem with drugs -whether it was a little opioid misuse, serious abuse, full blown addiction -- but whatever his issue has been, the biggest challenge is not going to be the detox or existing without drugs. His challenge will be becoming honest with himself and everyone else despite how ugly it is and despite the consequences he may face. His lawyers are definitely not going to help with that as their goal is mitigating everything he has done and blaming drugs for everything.

He may be substance free but if he is still lying, minimizing, and manipulating, then he is no better now than when using.

Wow so the medi-vac people routinely give victims fentanyl-based drugs to transport them? He had a supposed head injury. Isn't that quite dangerous to administer opiates to someone whose has a potentially serious cranial injury? Or is that a standard thing?

I mean how did they even know AM was telling them the truth about anything and not already under the influence of heavy drugs? That did happen to be his subsequent claim, he was a habitual opiate addict.

Is the opioid addiction just a convenient lie? With the way this case has gone, nothing would surprise me anymore.

Fentanyl is 100 times stronger than morphine, 50 times stronger than heroin [per Wikipedia]. Really?! For a non-life threatening, "GSW" head graze? I'm no medical professional but seems to me that Fentanyl - the cause of so many addictions and OD deaths - would be the very last painkiller option, not first-line treatment. Geezus, I'm pretty sure they don't even give Fentanyl to women in labor. LOL

And AM apparently, when asked about his health/medications history, did not tell CARE Flight EMTs that he was an (alleged) opioid drug addict? Not only did they give him Fentanyl, they gave him TWO doses - during a 30 min flight!

Great way for AM to get an opioid into his system before his blood drug screen test.

LetsSolveIt... snipped?? I cannot read any of the fits articles.... so not sure what has been snipped here.........
Am I using “snipped” correctly? For copyright reasons, I needed to shorten the amount of text so cut out parts of article that I think have become common knowledge.

We can’t copy an entire article, correct?

Bland argued that Alex Murdaugh presents a danger to the community.

“This is a man who used a gun on Labor Day weekend,” Bland said, referring to Murdaugh’s alleged suicide for hire incident.

Bland said he wanted the court to make sure Alex Murdaugh’s assets were locked. He said Murdaugh has made several financial moves such as selling his $100,000 bond.

Bland argued that this case has larger implications on both the law profession and the state of South Carolina.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh Denied Bond
SC needs a dozen more Blands for the stuff that's coming. Maybe they can import some.

Well well well AM has to stay in the slammer as Bond is denied. He’ll have plenty of time and opportunity to think about what all he’s done , and how it’s affected so many innocent people. Maybe he will even get honest with himself if that’s possible and roll some more truths off his tongue. I see a plea deal here at some point to be able for LE to get all the scoop on all the situations involving AM. Good job JUDGE. MOO

Alex Murdaugh is denied bond on $3M theft charges | Daily Mail Online

South Carolina Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters said within months, Murdaugh took the money and put it in his personal accounts.

'He had been carrying $100,000 credit card balance for months,' Waters said. 'That gets paid off. He writes 300 and some odd grand to his father. He writes a check for 610 grand to himself. He writes a check for 125 grand to himself. Not a dime goes to this family.'

Waters asked for a $200,000 bond and GPS monitoring, saying the fact that Murdaugh tried to arrange his own death shows he could become violent and has the ability to run away if he wants. 'A man who is a danger to himself is a danger to others,' Waters said.

Referring to the property theft charges against Murdaugh, Waters said cryptically: 'this is the tip of the iceberg. There is far more we will reveal soon.'

During the bond hearing, Muradugh’s attorney Dick Harpooltian claimed that during the Satterfield lawsuit, Murdaugh had no say in where the money went and that he was not the lawyer -- but the defendant.

The prosecutors claimed that Murdaugh used his position of power to take control of the Satterfield situation.

Judge denies Murdaugh’s bond, orders psychiatric evaluation
His lawyers are just beyond the limits of decency, JMO. Forge was AM's creation, they know that.

I would say he is safer in Jail. Who knows if he has anyone else that is willing to meet him on a lonely road and put a bullet in him. Oh snap he knows now that the suicide clause won't count. He can do it himself. Seriously though if he is going to spill the beans on others he may not be safe out of jail.
or in jail...others with deep pockets are shaking in their boots about what AM may divulge. AJMO

Alex Murdaugh is denied bond on $3M theft charges | Daily Mail Online

South Carolina Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters said within months, Murdaugh took the money and put it in his personal accounts.

'He had been carrying $100,000 credit card balance for months,' Waters said. 'That gets paid off. He writes 300 and some odd grand to his father. He writes a check for 610 grand to himself. He writes a check for 125 grand to himself. Not a dime goes to this family.'

Waters asked for a $200,000 bond and GPS monitoring, saying the fact that Murdaugh tried to arrange his own death shows he could become violent and has the ability to run away if he wants. 'A man who is a danger to himself is a danger to others,' Waters said.

Referring to the property theft charges against Murdaugh, Waters said cryptically: 'this is the tip of the iceberg. There is far more we will reveal soon.'
I'm liking what South Carolina Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters is saying...far more to come. Hopefully that includes closure in the double murder.

Well with Moselle, why have cameras rolling on teenagers allowed to party there all the time. Being lawyers that would not be wise having video documentation of letting the law be broken over and over and being liable for their actions being drunk when they leave.

Murdaugh house workers also pose a threat to being suing for injuries...although with AM's history one if those was an extreme pay day.

gloria-satterfield-02.jpg

Note the "PSS"* security sign posted at the entrance to Moselle. imho, That kinda screams cameras (among other security measures). Were cameras also installed at all the property's outbuildings / kennels? I just cannot believe that the most famous, most powerful state prosecutor (they make plenty of enemies) did not have high-tech security plastered all over his property. ... Especially if you're running the (alleged) drug running empire your business partner left you.

* Palmetto Security Systems-Hardeeville, SC - Home

Agreed. It will be much easier for him to wallow in jail in self pity and the disaster his life has turned into, but if he has any ambition of surviving all of this, he will need to choose those resources.

I have no idea the extent problem with drugs -whether it was a little opioid misuse, serious abuse, full blown addiction -- but whatever his issue has been, the biggest challenge is not going to be the detox or existing without drugs. His challenge will be becoming honest with himself and everyone else despite how ugly it is and despite the consequences he may face. His lawyers are definitely not going to help with that as their goal is mitigating everything he has done and blaming drugs for everything.

He may be substance free but if he is still lying, minimizing, and manipulating, then he is no better now than when using.
Do you know, were there any medical notes (by nurses, doctors) released that dealt with AM's behavior in the hospital after the "shooting" incident? I'm reading some things but can't find it on the FITSNews link provided, it says article was moved or removed?

Well with Moselle, why have cameras rolling on teenagers allowed to party there all the time. Being lawyers that would not be wise having video documentation of letting the law be broken over and over and being liable for their actions being drunk when they leave.

Murdaugh house workers also pose a threat to being suing for injuries...although with AM's history one if those was an extreme pay day.

I'm no tech expert but seems like house / property cameras could be turned off temporarily for those wild, underage drinking parties. ... And for other highly illegal, even deadly, activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715