SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh Arrested In Florida On Charges Related To Satterfield Case

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh Arrested In Florida On Charges Related To Satterfield Case

Agents arrested Murdaugh after he was released from a rehab facility in Orlando for his alleged drug addiction. He was taken to Orange County Corrections.

He will be held at the Orange County Corrections facility until he has an extradition hearing. After that, he will be brought to South Carolina for a bond hearing.

Griffen said long term, ha

FBqwczCVQAgX6ND

FBqwcyoXEAAxIK-

Here is Murdaugh’s mug shot. Murdaugh is awaiting an extradition hearing in the Orange County Corrections facility.
https://twitter.com/RileyWJCL/status/1448664242501001216?s=20

“Today is merely one more step in a long process for justice for the many victims in these investigations,” SLED Chief Mark Keel. said, commending his agents over the last four months. “They will continue to work tirelessly on behalf of those who were victimized by Alex Murdaugh and others. As I have said previously, we are committed to following the facts wherever they may lead us and we will not stop until justice is served.”

Alex Murdaugh faces new charges related to settlement money in death of housekeeper

The Today Show did an interview with ES. You'll have to click the link to see 2 videos.

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1448615167131111427

Curtis Eddie Smith, the man charged with shooting prominent South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh as part of what law enforcement says was a failed suicide-for-hire plot, claims he’s being set up.
@craigmelvin
spoke with Smith and his lawyer.

“I think he is being set up by a person who is a drug addict.” Jonny McCoy, lawyer for Curtis Eddie Smith, the man charged with shooting South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh, speaks exclusively with
@craigmelvin
in a live interview.

*"Did it hit him? Did the bullet hit him? ES says "no" and shakes his head "no." No blood on me, no blood on him.

*ES's lawyer: "What percentage are you sure the he didn't get shot?"

ES: 1000.

Part 1:
DBM, I misunderstood

Senator Rankin Infamous "Insider" Judicial Appointments Part Of Local And National Scandals MyrtleBeachSC News

Senator Rankin Infamous “Insider” Judicial Appointments Part Of Local And National Scandals

And at the center of the Murdaugh drama sits infamous S.C. Judge Carmen Mullen appointed by Horry County Senator Luke Rankin.

Rankin sits on the powerful Judicial Merit Selection Commission (JMSC).

S.C. is only one of two states in the union that allows legislators to pick judicial appointments.

The JMSC is is steeped in controversy for its ongoing approval of suspicious judges.

As Columbia, S.C.’s WIS T.V. 10 news reported: “The [judge’s] conduct throughout the guilty plea and sentencing of Defendant Richard M. Quinn, Jr. flies in the face on constitutional law and South Carolina law,” Pascoe wrote in the motion.

Quinn and his father were both in the courtroom, but both played minor roles. It was Pascoe and the judge, Carmen Mullen, who stole to show when they quickly became ensnarled in a legal spar.

Weeks ago, Judge Mullen gave Quinn, Jr. a sentence of two years of probation, 500 hours of community service, and a fine on the one misconduct in office charge. To Pascoe, it was a letdown, and it was a decision he almost immediately challenged. During that hearing, Mullen didn’t give him an opportunity to address the court, so he filed his ‘motion to reconsider’ days later.

Daily Beast:

Alex Murdaugh’s Lawyer Finally Admits He’s a Person of Interest in Family Murders

"After months of speculation, Alex Murdaugh’s lawyers have finally admitted the South Carolina attorney—who’s already accused of orchestrating his own murder—is a person of interest in his wife and son’s double homicide."

<snip>

"Griffin, however, admitted that state authorities “are not sharing information but I believe if they had that [information] they would have charged Alex and they have not charged him.” SLED did not respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment about Murdaugh being a person of interest."
From same article...

"Griffin said Wednesday that his team was working to “peel back more layers of this onion” to see if Murdaugh’s addiction or various alleged financial misdeeds were the motives for someone to harm his family."

Sounds like, according to one of AM's lawyer's, that onion is going to make everyone cry tears for poor AM as his drug-induced state made him so vulnerable for others to take advantage of and kill his family members.

I guess these "someone"(s) figured either AM needs insurance money to give me for blackmail not to squeal on his misdeeds or AM stole money from me, I'm mad and I'm going to kill his wife and "child". Hummm which one, I wonder?

Oh wait there might be a third option. AM set up the murders so he could benefit in all ways from MM not divorcing him and looking into his questionable finances. As it turns out PM also happened to be there at Moselle and now AM wouldn't have to sit through his felonious trial.

Now he just has to figure out who could have killed them...maybe a drug-dealing distant relative did it?

How big is this onion?

Alex Murdaugh’s brother will no longer represent Paul Murdaugh’s estate. Why?

Five weeks after being appointed to handle the estate of Paul Murdaugh, who was found murdered in June, Randolph Murdaugh IV, Paul’s uncle, has resigned, citing a conflict of interest, probate records show.

“Due to recent discovery of events, I now have a conflict of interest and can no longer serve as personal representative for the estate of Paul Terry Murdaugh,” Murdaugh IV wrote in an Oct. 7 letter to Colleton County Probate Judge Ashley H. Amundson.

Randolph Murdaugh IV’s abrupt resignation does not indicate what recent discovery created a conflict of interest, whether it was related to the criminal investigations involving the Murdaugh family, whether it’s because Murdaugh IV’s law firm is suing Paul’s father, Alex or if it’s for another reason.

Paul Murdaugh’s probate records also show that on Sept. 16, Sept. 23 and Sept. 30, Murdaugh IV had notices filed in a Colleton County newspaper that Paul’s estate was open for creditors’ claims. The records indicate that no claims have been filed as of Wednesday.

Makes me think that MM put moselle in PM’s name.
Jeez Louise, I want my omelet already. I can wait though, I heard SLED has itself some good cooks. Eggs are really starting to crack everywhere aren't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong