SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
You totally have the 411 on Hampton. So the M in PMPED is for ?? Randolph the IV ? And I’m guessing Alex never made partner.

Speaking as someone in the professional services industry, professional service firms, such as legal firms or accounting firms, may, depending on the state, be required to use the name(s) of their founder(s) (e.g., PMPED) as a basis for their firm name when creating a firm rather than a brand name (e.g., Lawyers R Us). Even as partners come and go, however, the original founding name(s) will remain in place until the firm rebrands, restructures, merges, is acquired, etc. Otherwise, the name would be constantly changing, leading to confusion.

For example, many people are aware of the international accounting firm EY (formerly Ernst & Young). The namesakes were actually alive in the 1800s. They have had thousands of partners, but have kept the original names despite the founders no longer being on this earth. :)

https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/POA-Boulware-Murdaugh.pdf

I just reread Boulware’s POA to AM, dated July 6 2018 and executed shortly before his death Sept 12 2018. It appears to be a massively all-inclusive POA. Note especially certain curious provisions on page 2:

... to take possession and order the removal and shipment of any property from any post, warehouse, depot, dock or other place of storage or safekeeping, government or private [including drug smuggling operations?]; ... to do all things necessary concerning any insurance policies, including the right to change beneficiary. ...

I’m starting to wonder if AM tricked the terminally ill Boulware into signing this “carte blanche” POA in his exclusive favor. (What about Boulware’s wife, Jeannine?!) Did AM, in fact, make himself beneficiary and collect on any insurance policy(ies) Boulware had in force?

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh’s Ties To Alleged Drug Smuggler Uncovered

JMO

I have been wondering about Boulware's wife. I wonder if she was tricked like housekeepers sons. AW sure seems to benefit in odd ways when people die.

Moo.

According to Tinsley’s motion, Buster was immediately granted “broad powers“ to perform all and every act and thing whatsoever”, including “to sell, assign, convey, pledge, mortgage and encumber… and generally manage, any and all property, both real and personal which [Alex Murdaugh] may own or acquire in the future from any source.”

‘There’s No One To Defend Mr. Murdaugh’: Judge To Rule On Alex And Buster’s Assets Next Week

This sounds similar to boulware will to AM.

Snipped from link.

may own or acquire in the future from any source.

I have been wondering about Boulware's wife. I wonder if she was tricked like housekeepers sons. AW sure seems to benefit in odd ways when people die.

Moo.

At the time we heard this, a while back, I just felt that Boulware's wife probably knew her husband was involved in nefarious things, so probably wanted everything to be transferred "out". But that opinion is rather mushy, right now! It would be good to hear from her, but like so many in this case, she is possibly scared to come forward.............

I was just wondering about the over $10k transactions myself.

And the POA with Boulware? Well, I guess you can't really leave your drug empire to someone in a will.

all moo

I work in finance, EVERY person who handles cash, checks, etc. under the FDIC umbrella (bank included) have to undergo EXTENSIVE training in a multitude of sectors including but not limited to terrorism, elder abuse, fraud, etc. I personally am required to take training on this quarterly and have very very strict disclosures I have to attest (fancy word for I verified) to for where the funds are coming from (it's actually my responsibility to make sure if someone wants to invest with our company that there funds were attained legally). It's not a joke and the FDIC will catch you, they always do. The absolute biggest red flag by far is the Alexander Murdaugh d/b/a Forge account and whoever let these deposits go through is probably in hot water. When we got a check scanner and could scan checks "in-house" the training and my liability became ever greater. I personally would never ever take that risk it's not only career suicide you are also going to jail and not for a small amount of time they will get you on every act of "wire fraud" "mail tampering" they can get you on.

In the elder Murdaugh's suit, it is alleged that prior to Sept. 2, 2021, Alex indicated to his brother that needed a loan to cover an overdrawn bank account and that he had already written other checks, including checks to workers, which would make the account more overdrawn. The "Defendant did not disclose that he was in poor financial condition," the suit says.

Alex Murdaugh sued by his brother, former partner over unpaid loans

The Murdaugh suit also states that Randy loaned $75,000 to his younger brother, under the condition that the loan be repaid within 30 days, but the defendant has not repaid the loan. The suit also alleges that Randy later paid the initial fee of $15,000 to enter Alex into a drug treatment facility in Orange County, Florida.

The total debt of $90,000 allegedly owed to Randy was reduced to $46,500 after Alex's son, Richard Alexander "Buster" Murdaugh Jr., sold Randy a Kubota tractor and other heavy equipment in exchange for partial debt cancellation.

Good golly me it was $90,000

And who are the “workers”?

I work in finance, EVERY person who handles cash, checks, etc. under the FDIC umbrella (bank included) have to undergo EXTENSIVE training in a multitude of sectors including but not limited to terrorism, elder abuse, fraud, etc. I personally am required to take training on this quarterly and have very very strict disclosures I have to attest (fancy word for I verified) to for where the funds are coming from (it's actually my responsibility to make sure if someone wants to invest with our company that there funds were attained legally). It's not a joke and the FDIC will catch you, they always do. The absolute biggest red flag by far is the Alexander Murdaugh d/b/a Forge account and whoever let these deposits go through is probably in hot water. When we got a check scanner and could scan checks "in-house" the training and my liability became ever greater. I personally would never ever take that risk it's not only career suicide you are also going to jail and not for a small amount of time they will get you on every act of "wire fraud" "mail tampering" they can get you on.

Thank you, @adot0902, I've been on the other end. I worked for a cash and carry that sold tobacco products to retailers and was a cash only business. I used to split up the deposits because I hated all the paperwork with anything over $10k and I didn't like my name all over it since I was a lowly bookkeeper. And this place was totally legal and above board. Interesting to know how much is involved on the other end and the personal liability there as well.

I'm very interested in finding out who was AM's "personal banker". Because of course you are going to get caught at some point. I bet there will be hundreds of charges involved with the banking.

all moo

Thank you, @adot0902, I've been on the other end. I worked for a cash and carry that sold tobacco products to retailers and was a cash only business. I used to split up the deposits because I hated all the paperwork with anything over $10k and I didn't like my name all over it since I was a lowly bookkeeper. And this place was totally legal and above board. Interesting to know how much is involved on the other end and the personal liability there as well.

I'm very interested in finding out who was AM's "personal banker". Because of course you are going to get caught at some point. I bet there will be hundreds of charges involved with the banking.

all moo

It won't be hard to find out who deposited his checks, I have to "log" every check regardless of the amount (I don't work in a bank, but from .01 to $1,000,000 they all get logged) and they ALL have my name on them. Such as submitted by adot0902 at 4:28pm on 11/01/2021 and basically every single piece of information from the check, where it is going, who it was made out to, the date. Oh the big one that's on every single form "DO YOU DETECT ANY RED FLAGS"....
Either the bank did not follow FDIC procedure which is a really big deal and something licenses get pulled over, or the bank did follow proper procedure and there is one giant flashing arrow on someone. I'd be willing to bet the bank followed proper procedures but the amount of smart people doing really dumb stuff never ceases to amaze me.

It won't be hard to find out who deposited his checks, I have to "log" every check regardless of the amount (I don't work in a bank, but from .01 to $1,000,000 they all get logged) and they ALL have my name on them. Such as submitted by adot0902 at 4:28pm on 11/01/2021 and basically every single piece of information from the check, where it is going, who it was made out to, the date. Oh the big one that's on every single form "DO YOU DETECT ANY RED FLAGS"....
Either the bank did not follow FDIC procedure which is a really big deal and something licenses get pulled over, or the bank did follow proper procedure and there is one giant flashing arrow on someone. I'd be willing to bet the bank followed proper procedures but the amount of smart people doing really dumb stuff never ceases to amaze me.

Retired banker here. Any thoughts as to why we haven't seen B of A listed in any suits? They allowed those checks to be deposited. I'm thinking A quiet settlement from the responsible employee's bond and B of A's insurance is in the works.

Retired banker here. Any thoughts as to why we haven't seen B of A listed in any suits? They allowed those checks to be deposited. I'm thinking A quiet settlement from the responsible employee's bond and B of A's insurance is in the works.

I work for a brokerage firm, it would not be our firm sued it would be ME or whomever licensed I work under. My firm may get hit with a fine but that’s probably the difference in our industry’s. Is it on the bank or the banker? You could probably answer this better I can look into it too.

ETA when I say me being sued I mean the company who I’m surety bonded under.

I'm expecting to hear about some sort of "Ponzi" scheme regarding AM's "Forge" account. He could have been advising clients to accept a smaller "lump sum" payment, made possible by "investors," then promise those investors a greater return on their money from the settlement, in the form of an annuity or other financial instruments.

The "Ponzi" part of it comes in if AM invented the "clients" and pocketed the "lump sum" payments himself. These schemes always have a shelf life, and the perpetrator always ends up scrambling to "rob Peter to pay Paul"

IMO

Both lawsuits allege Murdaugh illegally funneled money from legal cases to a Bank of America account that he disguised to look like a legitimate financial firm.

Alex Murdaugh scammed law firm, housekeeper's sons with fake bank account, lawsuits allege

In the elder Murdaugh's suit, it is alleged that prior to Sept. 2, 2021, Alex indicated to his brother that needed a loan to cover an overdrawn bank account and that he had already written other checks, including checks to workers, which would make the account more overdrawn. The "Defendant did not disclose that he was in poor financial condition," the suit says.

Alex Murdaugh sued by his brother, former partner over unpaid loans

The Murdaugh suit also states that Randy loaned $75,000 to his younger brother, under the condition that the loan be repaid within 30 days, but the defendant has not repaid the loan. The suit also alleges that Randy later paid the initial fee of $15,000 to enter Alex into a drug treatment facility in Orange County, Florida.

The total debt of $90,000 allegedly owed to Randy was reduced to $46,500 after Alex's son, Richard Alexander "Buster" Murdaugh Jr., sold Randy a Kubota tractor and other heavy equipment in exchange for partial debt cancellation.

Good golly me it was $90,000

And who are the “workers”?

"The "Defendant did not disclose that he was in poor financial condition," the suit says."

He was already overdrawn and had written checks on an overdrawn account (which is illegal), how much more disclosure of 'poor financial condition' did Randy need? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater