SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reference to Wilson and AM on the phone.
This from june 6

However, several months later in an exclusive interview with Fox Carolina’s Cody Alcorn, Griffin went on the record for the first time about where Alex was on June 7, 2021.

“I can assure you that we have Alex’s whereabouts accounted for completely at that time,” Murdaugh’s attorney Jim Griffin told Fox Carolina in October 2021. “That night? He’s sitting on the bedside of his mother at her house when the coroner says the murders happened. She has dementia. There’s a house sitter, caregiver … with him and they’re watching a gameshow on television.”

During that interview, Griffin mentioned that Alex spoke to “one of his friends and communicated about business” on the way over to his mother’s home, which is about 20 minutes from Moselle. Griffin also said that Alex called his father who was in the hospital during that time period as well.

Griffin didn’t identify the “friend” to whom Alex spoke — and he didn’t go into any further details about Alex’s alibi publicly for more than six months.

After several months of near silence from the Murdaugh camp, Griffin spoke out about Alex Murdaugh’s alibi again in the State Newspaper this May.

Griffin identified Chris Wilson as the “friend” Alex had spoken with that night — and said that Wilson would likely testify on Alex’s behalf. Griffin intimated that Wilson had said Alex’s tone was “absolutely normal” when they spoke.

For the first time, Griffin seemed to be putting on the public record that Alex was at Moselle at 9 p.m. … which means Alex would have seen Maggie and Paul shortly before they were killed.

Griffin also said that Alex drove to his mother’s house at 9 p.m., got to her house at 9:20 p.m., stayed for 20 minutes and then turned around and drove back to arrive at Moselle at 10 p.m.

During that time, Griffin said, Alex called Chris Wilson four times — twice on the way there and twice on the way back.
….

I missed this article.

I find it odd that AM would drive 20 minutes to get there and 20 minutes back yet only spend 20 minutes there. Why didn’t he just stop on the way back from hospital.

Jmo
Agree with why (?) do this driving back and forth unless he knew he needed to be away from Moselle during that time? But then how does he acquire the spatter on his shirt?

JG has also told us things that later didn’t add up, like about the entrance and exit wound, (that no one can see).

D
ES attorney is Jarrett Bouchette, correct? He is from SC. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jarrett-bouchette-esq-9b469a88/

"Smith’s attorney, Jarrett Bouchette of The Floyd Law Firm in Surfside Beach, South Carolina, asked Newman to consider a personal recognizance bond or a low one within reach of Smith’s budget."
Duhhh! My dyslexia was pumped up when I read that. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I read “Surfside Beach,” skipped the “South,” and misread Carolina as California.

Sorry! My bad. I *am* dyslexic. LOL.

Parker's Convenience Store does not appear to be a mom and pop store.
Several locations in Beaufort County and nice looking buildings.
Usually these chain outfits are strict on carding sales of alcohol.
Mom and Pop not so much. Buster must not be too smart. Loaning your DL to an out of control
brother does not sound like the thing an aspiring Lawyer would do.
I was just wondering about details in the case.
Yes- Parkers is quite a large regional chain. And, as far as Buster's smarts-he was kicked out for plagiarism. i can only guess that "We're Murdaughs and anything can be fixed" mentality was in play.

I spent eight hours in car today alternating Murdaugh podcasts with Bluegrass and Sinatra. Plenty of time to think over Murdaugh stuff.

Something that doesn’t seem legit to me is AM being an opioid addict or any kind of addict. There are lots of other skeptics on this topic but one doubt I haven’t heard anyone discuss is AM’s miraculous “recovery” after six to eight weeks in-patient.

If AM really had an addiction, especially if it spanned decades, no way was he “cured” during the short time he went to rehab. Addiction recovery is a long struggle (often the rest of your life) — one tenant being “90 in 90,” the day after you leave rehab you start 90 AA or NA meetings everyday for 90 days and after that you continue to attend regularly. You “work” the Steps, you make connections with others in recovery for mutual support, and you get a sponsor, and possibly get into talk therapy.

Prisons do offer this type of support but in AM’s phone calls, he never refers to anything remotely related to his recovery journey. I would think in talking about the gambling for beef sticks, his exercise routine, his allowance, getting stranded in the buff, etc., he would mention going to NA or support meetings. (Unless somehow he’s getting his fix from fellow inmates and isn’t in recovery.)

I’ve never thought he had any real addiction because no one around him suspected — the rehab trip was a ruse to keep him out of jail and buy time — photos show his alcohol abuse but if he was in rehab for alcoholism, he would be going to AA and such.

I definitely think he’s been dangerously and deeply in the drug world (ref. indictments), but not an opioid addict.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I spent eight hours in car today alternating Murdaugh podcasts with Bluegrass and Sinatra. Plenty of time to think over Murdaugh stuff.

Something that doesn’t seem legit to me is AM being an opioid addict or any kind of addict. There are lots of other skeptics on this topic but one doubt I haven’t heard anyone discuss is AM’s miraculous “recovery” after six to eight weeks in-patient.

If AM really had an addiction, especially if it spanned decades, no way was he “cured” during the short time he went to rehab. Addiction recovery is a long struggle (often the rest of your life) — one tenant being “90 in 90,” the day after you leave rehab you start 90 AA or NA meetings everyday for 90 days and after that you continue to attend regularly. You “work” the Steps, you make connections with others in recovery for mutual support, and you get a sponsor, and possibly get into talk therapy.

Prisons do offer this type of support but in AM’s phone calls, he never refers to anything remotely related to his recovery journey. I would think in talking about the gambling for beef sticks, his exercise routine, his allowance, getting stranded in the buff, etc., he would mention going to NA or support meetings. (Unless somehow he’s getting his fix from fellow inmates and isn’t in recovery.)

I’ve never thought he had any real addiction because no one around him suspected — the rehab trip was a ruse to keep him out of jail and buy time — photos show his alcohol abuse but if he was in rehab for alcoholism, he would be going to AA and such.

I definitely think he’s been dangerously and deeply in the drug world (ref. indictments), but not an opioid addict.

Any thoughts?

I’ve been an addict and known many functional addicts at high levels from engineering/tech to LE people but I agree. Having done it there’s no magic and it’s a struggle. It’s been a decade and even now when I read the word “opiates” I feel my stomach churn and many are familiar with that. Tho I didn’t doubt that a lawyer would be in that shape, as one here local was caught in much the same kind of thing with some money and drugs but not at this level, I just expected more from AM. Being hooked for decades isn’t cured in 30-60 days. I never went to rehab (or jail) but it was about a year before I fully shook it and felt normal. I had heavy booze in the mix too.

Any thoughts?
For me the tell against a lifelong opioid addiction is his physical appearance. He should have had a more emaciated appearance, his facial features should be more gaunt, his facial skin should have poorly healed sores and marks. Instead he is chubby, pink faced and healthy looking. MOO MOO MOO

For me the tell against a lifelong opioid addiction is his physical appearance. He should have had a more emaciated appearance, his facial features should be more gaunt, his facial skin should have poorly healed sores and marks. Instead he is chubby, pink faced and healthy looking. MOO MOO MOO

Having seen the pictures of people before and after opioid addiction through out the years I have to agree with you.

Jmo

Any thoughts?

I agree, but I think money laundering is a big part of it. I think he's the "tail" to the dog, i.e., someone who was a small-time investor in a BIG smuggling and money-laundering operation. And I predict (if this is ever fully exposed) that there will be much more than drugs that were being smuggled; people will be stunned at what was going on.

This is an article from The State today. Looks like crap is hitting the fan everywhere for the Murdaughs.

<snipped>

Let’s stop rowing through the Murdaugh cesspool just long enough to savor one specific stain on South Carolina’s so-called justice system that has surfaced in the jailhouse phone calls.

This chapter would be called “How To Get A Wink-Wink Law Degree from the University of South Carolina.” Most law schools, one would assume, award Juris Doctor degrees. The University of South Carolina also offers Juris Daddy degrees.

Alex Murdaugh lays bare the law school farce in his calls to family members from a county jail in Richland County.

That’s where the scion of the Lowcountry’s leading family of the law, the Murdaughs of Hampton, is locked up on a $7 million bond facing more than 80 charges claiming he has stolen more than $8 million.

It’s where Murdaugh continuously schemes, not only to skirt the canteen rules but to get his son Buster back in the law school.

I agree, but I think money laundering is a big part of it. I think he's the "tail" to the dog, i.e., someone who was a small-time investor in a BIG smuggling and money-laundering operation. And I predict (if this is ever fully exposed) that there will be much more than drugs that were being smuggled; people will be stunned at what was going on.

Human trafficking? Spy’s?

Who is George Webb?

George Webb (last name: Schweikert) is an independent video journalist who investigates and exposes corruption in government. He had many hundreds of videos and was doing a better job at this sort of thing than anyone I know of. YouTube removed all of his videos in one fell swoop 2 or 3 years ago because he was becoming too inconvenient for top politicians.

I’ve been an addict and known many functional addicts at high levels from engineering/tech to LE people but I agree. Having done it there’s no magic and it’s a struggle. It’s been a decade and even now when I read the word “opiates” I feel my stomach churn and many are familiar with that. Tho I didn’t doubt that a lawyer would be in that shape, as one here local was caught in much the same kind of thing with some money and drugs but not at this level, I just expected more from AM. Being hooked for decades isn’t cured in 30-60 days. I never went to rehab (or jail) but it was about a year before I fully shook it and felt normal. I had heavy booze in the mix too.

Thanks for that helpful insight, worm. I assumed people who were well-off could better hide the symptoms of long term addiction. Good to know that's difficult to do, regardless of socio-economic status. I'm so glad you're doing well in your recovery! Congrats to you, that's a very difficult thing to do.

Yes, @worm, all the best to you. Recovery is *real* work and commitment, and it takes courage to share your story with us. Thank you! I’m so happy for your success. God bless you.

Yes, @worm, all the best to you. Recovery is *real* work and commitment, and it takes courage to share your story with us. Thank you! I’m so happy for your success. God bless you.

Thank you so much. I just know that I’m not the only one that has lost friends to the OD death rate over this last decade and the current rate is alarming. Depending on how deep, and I think some here question this, AM and Smith were in the opiate thing, I could maybe see some motive with these murders. Only thing is, I would expect the victims to have drugs and I don’t see this here. If Eddie and AM were sitting on a pile of whatever and found dead that would be the more reasonable tie in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken