SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man.

A shirt worn by Alex Murdaugh on the night his wife and son were murdered was found to have a significant amount of high-velocity impact spatter on it from at least one of their bodies, sources familiar with the investigation recently told FITSNews.

The presence of this forensic evidence on his clothing “could have only come from one thing,” according to sources close to the investigation.

Specifically, the spatter indicates that Murdaugh was physically close to one or more of his family members when they were shot.

This new information appears to directly contradict the claim from the Murdaugh camp that he had an “ironclad alibi” on the evening of June 7, 2001, when he told investigators he had been with his ailing father all night and arrived home to find both Maggie and Paul Murdaugh shot to death.

<snip>

Sources tell FITSNews that the high-velocity impact spatter is not the only evidence placing Murdaugh at the scene.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/26...alex-murdaugh-to-double-homicide-sources-say/
For me this begs the question, why wasn't Alex arrested earlier if they found evidence of blood spatter on his clothing? Wouldn't his clothing have been examined much earlier in the investigation?

For me this begs the question, why wasn't Alex arrested earlier if they found evidence of blood spatter on his clothing? Wouldn't his clothing have been examined much earlier in the investigation?
It still may fall short of proof, as it puts him there but doesn't by itself prove he pulled the trigger. It's something that would ultimately nail him to the wall come trial.

Perhaps there are other people involved, or there are issues disproving his alibi.

I guess there's also no rush shoring up their case, as it's not like he's going anywhere.

Last edited:

According to the article the blood spatter evidence was sent to different labs to be analyzed which took about 10 months to get the results back. I think also perhaps FitsNews was waiting on other sources to confirm it.

I think this is a very complicated case. I think Alex was not the only person there, and not only might there be another killer, but there are people besides Alex who helped stage the scene and dispose of evidence. It’s a tangled web and they have one chance to get it right. MOO

Seems that way. I guess it's possible that he maybe had someone else there with him, who handled one of the killings with a second weapon, and perhaps removed those weapons after the fact.

In any event, it appears Alex is a murderer.

I am not one bit surprised that he pulled the trigger. I had him pegged for this since day one, maybe day 2. All the stuff that has since emerged about his embezzlement and fraudulent activities, stealing settlements from disabled people, only further demonstrate to me that he is a stone cold evil sociopath!

In the case of the Murdaughs, sources close to the investigation tell FITSNews that Maggie Murdaugh was shot multiple times with a high-powered rifle. One of the bullets reportedly went through her back and the other allegedly went through the back of her head as she was lying on the ground facedown.

This is the first time multiple sources have confirmed details about Maggie Murdaugh’s wounds.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/26...alex-murdaugh-to-double-homicide-sources-say/

Murdaugh Murders Saga: South Carolina Grand Jury Was Probing Alex Murdaugh’s Finances Prior To Double Homicide

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/26...-murdaughs-finances-prior-to-double-homicide/

It turns out Beach’s attorney, Mark Tinsley, wasn’t the only one seeking this information.

According to multiple sources familiar with the obstruction of justice investigation launched in the aftermath of the boat crash, a statewide grand jury investigating the Murdaugh family subpoenaed all of this information in late April of 2021 – approximately six weeks before the murders.

This subpoena was reportedly authorized by S.C. circuit court judge Robert Hood, who told multiple sources at the time that the attorney general was “going after the Murdaughs.”

“Alex’s finances were already under investigation,” a source close to the inquiry told me, adding that the financial charges which began to fall on Murdaugh’s head in mid-November of last year were already “in the works” months before the murders.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/26...-murdaughs-finances-prior-to-double-homicide/

Murdaugh Murders Saga: South Carolina Grand Jury Was Probing Alex Murdaugh’s Finances Prior To Double Homicide

It turns out Beach’s attorney, Mark Tinsley, wasn’t the only one seeking this information.

According to multiple sources familiar with the obstruction of justice investigation launched in the aftermath of the boat crash, a statewide grand jury investigating the Murdaugh family subpoenaed all of this information in late April of 2021 – approximately six weeks before the murders.

This subpoena was reportedly authorized by S.C. circuit court judge Robert Hood, who told multiple sources at the time that the attorney general was “going after the Murdaughs.”

“Alex’s finances were already under investigation,” a source close to the inquiry told me, adding that the financial charges which began to fall on Murdaugh’s head in mid-November of last year were already “in the works” months before the murders.

So it seems Alex would’ve been exposed whether Mandy covered this story or not. MOO

On a different but related topic, has this been posted? I have used up my free access to Fits. If this is new info on Stephen Smith, could some give a quick summary of highlights? Are they exhuming Stephen?

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/12/murdaugh-murders-saga-pressure-mounting-on-stephen-smith-case/

Are folks still checking our other Murdaugh-related threads? This probably belongs on Stephen’s thread but I was concerned no one would see it.
According to the article, Will Folks from FITS News has recently called for an independent forensic review of Erin Presnell's autopsy findings (ETA: incl. exhumation) and Smith's mother has supported that. But, he goes on to say "no one at SLED or the attorney general's office would comment on or off the record regarding the status of either Smith-related inquiry."

"Either" in that sentence refers to (1) who killed Smith and how, and (2) who attempted to cover up what happened.

For those interested, the monthly subscription to FITS News is around $8 (annual $84) and it can be stopped at any time.

Last edited:
Seems that way. I guess it's possible that he maybe had someone else there with him, who handled one of the killings with a second weapon, and perhaps removed those weapons after the fact.

In any event, it appears Alex is a murderer.
I honestly thought it was him from the first day I heard him on the 911 call. That was a man trying to sound panicked, not genuine emotional distress IMO.

This guy is....well, I can't actually type the rest without getting banned.

This is fun:

Alex Murdaugh Paid $110K For A Funeral Home In 2020? That Seems … Unusual

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/27...or-a-funeral-home-in-2020-that-seems-unusual/

In January 2020, disgraced Hampton County attorney Alex Murdaugh wired more than $110,000 from his checking account to “personally fund the purchase” of a funeral home, a hearse, a limo and three properties under foreclosure in Brunswick, Georgia, according to court records.

It is unclear whether this acquisition of Hall Jones and Brown Funeral Home and its accoutrement were part of Murdaugh’s growing list of alleged financial schemes.

But a funeral home is an interesting choice for a personal injury attorney — particularly one who has been sitting in jail since October 2021 and is facing 75 charges for stealing more than $9 million from clients.

One source with knowledge of the purchase speculated that Murdaugh might have been trying to drum up more wrongful death cases for himself and told FITSNews that an idea like that would be “ingenious on a criminal level.”

From the FitNews Article it says Paul was shot in the chest and head, Maggie was shot in the back and then in the back of the head.

Makes sense to me that MM was running away from the killer(s), while Paul was up front and personal with them. Paul may have been the target and Maggie came up to the scene. Paul was supposedly on House Arrest at Moselle, so it would be known he was there. IIRC, Maggie was usually staying at the home in Edisto.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member