SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stuck out to me in the interview was her mentioning the PGA! Hope she is somewhere safe!

<modsnip>
I am not sure why the links did not connect for the human trafficking story and the PGA tour. Very sorry about that, I will try again.

In 2015 Golfbreaks, a PGA tour association travel partner, posted on their website a statement regarding human trafficking here is the link to the the website:

In 2020 a PGA pro was arrested in a human trafficking sting and accepted a plea deal, that story was from golf week and USA Today and that link is here:

If for some reason the link does not work google PGA tour human trafficking you will see several stories on the subject.

Last edited:
I am not sure why the links did not connect for the human trafficking story and the PGA tour. Very sorry about that, I will try again.

In 2015 Golfbreaks, a PGA tour association travel partner, posted on their website a statement regarding human trafficking here is the link to the the website:

In 2020 a PGA pro was arrested in a human trafficking sting and accepted a plea deal, that story was from golf week and USA Today and that link is here:

If for some reason the link does not work google PGA tour human trafficking you will see several stories on the subject.
I dunno -- it doesn't follow to attach others to the accuser's story that failed to name names in her own story. Until then, one can't verify that anything stated by the accuser is factual, and is as good as a rumor, right? IMO, the allegations should be told to SLED and not a single source reporter. JMO.

I dunno -- it doesn't follow to attach others to the accuser's story that failed to name names in her own story. Until then, one can't verify that anything stated by the accuser is factual, and is as good as a rumor, right? IMO, the allegations should be told to SLED and not a single source reporter. JMO.
The links provided were evidence that human trafficking does occur on the PGA tour, regardless of whether you believe her statement or not. Would she be a credible witness on the stand, I am not sure, given the way she kept closing her eyes, but I find it entirely plausible that AM entertained clients and/or his good old boys friends with parties involving drugs and women.

As she mentioned law enforcement were also involved, going to the “police” may not be in her best interest. There are many documented arrests of police officers involved in the solicitation of prostitution as well as human trafficking. I found that part of her story very plausible.

Here is a story from December 2021 of a New York police officer along with six others has been charged with trafficking young women and underage girls from Mexico. The documents were made public on December 14, 2021. Source: Ocala Post - Police involved in human trafficking, offered protection to criminals in exchange for sex

(https://www.ocalapost.com/police-in...-protection-to-criminals-in-exchange-for-sex/)

Remember Frank Serpico - “the more famous case of police corruption, prostitution, and illegal gambling are all revealed in this CBS news report from 1971 on the Knapp Commission, which uncovered rampant corruption in the New York Police Department . The chief counsel for the commission was Michael Armstrong, author of They Wished They Were Honest: The Knapp Commission ans New York City Police Corruption.”
Source: They Wished They Were Honest, The Knapp Commission, Police Corruption, and Serpico -

(They Wished They Were Honest, The Knapp Commission, Police Corruption, and Serpico -)

These murders have brought to light extraordinary corruption and I think it will also extend to some law enforcement. I don’t believe we have seen the end of the arrests. I still don’t understand how law enforcement would release the bodies of murder victims so quickly. MM and PM were murdered on the evening June 7th and they were buried on June 11th. Is this usual in the South?

As an aside, Human trafficking during sporting events, especially the Super Bowl has been widely reported over the years, but the PGA tour player arrest was the first I ever heard involving golf tours. KTLA in Los Angeles reported before the 2022 Super Bowl “ A national nonprofit organization called In Our Backyard has been battling sex-trafficking surrounding the Super Bowl for the past 13 years. Partners in Southern California include Forgotten Children Incorporated and the South Los Angeles Anti-Trafficking Committee.”
Source:

And lastly Frank Serpico was honored this past February by the NYPD, 50 years later!

Sources: NYPD honors whistleblower Frank Serpico 50 years late (NYPD honors whistleblower Frank Serpico 50 years late)

Read this FITS News article from 12/3/21 now knowing that FITS’ sources were 1) Mark Tinsley and 2) Wes Donehue, a social media strategist and crisis-manager who FITS dubbed as “Parker’s knife fighter.”
Donehue had parted ways with Parker’s and was allegedly speaking to Liz Farrell (hence the subpoena for their phone records).

Also as you read this, keep in mind that there’s a possibility (yet to be proven) that Tinsley provided Mandy Matney with confidential mediation information and may have been the source of the photo of Mallory’s body (again, none of this has been proven, but according to The State article posted above, “Mark Moore, Parker's attorney, subpoenaed attorney Mark Tinsley, who represents the Beach family. The subpoenas show that Moore is seeking
evidence that would prove Tinsley actually leaked the photos. The subpoenas sought emails and texts between Tinsley and news outlets. Moore also subpoenaed Tinsley's law firm and his co-counsel.”)

Does that change how you view the objectivity, impartiality, and accuracy of their reporting?

MOO

BBM
Does that change how you view the objectivity, impartiality, and accuracy of their reporting?

No. It doesn't matter how they got the information, as long as it is accurate, which a large percentage of time Fits news has been accurate.

It's like someone telling me my dog is running loose out in the street. If I look out the window and see my dog in the street it doesn't matter if it is a neighbor or the dogcatcher who told me. The neighbor could be biased because she is afraid of the dog. The dogcatcher could be incapable of impartiality because it is his job to pick up stray dogs for the city. Either way the information was accurate.

JMO

Last edited:
BBM

No. It doesn't matter how they got the information, as long as it is accurate, which a large percentage of time Fits news has been accurate.

It's like someone telling me my dog is running loose out in the street. If I look out the window and see my dog in the street it doesn't matter if it is a neighbor or the dogcatcher who told me. The neighbor could be biased because she is afraid of the dog. The dogcatcher could be incapable of impartiality because it is his job to pick up stray dogs for the city. Either way the information was accurate.

JMO
I don’t want to spark a debate. I’ll just say with your analogy, other people were not accused of doing things and being things that they were not. And it looks like there is a very good possibility that FITS might have been aware of who actually WAS doing those things, because they were talking to them behind the scenes.
Ethical journalism’s first principle is truth/accuracy.

MOO

I don’t want to spark a debate. I’ll just say with your analogy, other people were not accused of doing things and being things that they were not. And it looks like there is a very good possibility that FITS might have been aware of who actually WAS doing those things, because they were talking to them behind the scenes.
Ethical journalism’s first principle is truth/accuracy.

MOO
BBM

And it looks like there is a very good possibility FITS might have been aware of who actually WAS doing those things, because they were talking to them behind the scenes.

Fits may not have been able to verify the information they got by talking to people behind the scenes as being truthful or accurate so they didn't publish it. It could be just rumors they heard.

JMO

Alex Murdaugh’s Attorneys Push For Delay Of Civil Trial While Murder Charges Are Pending

Attorneys for accused killer Alex Murdaugh want to put the brakes on the main civil case against their client while the high-profile murder trial against him proceeds.

Their argument? That the civil case – a wrongful death action stemming from a fatal 2019 boat crash – could unearth incriminating information against Murdaugh which prosecutors in the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson could then use to help them make their murder case.

Is that argument valid? Absolutely …

“Alex Murdaugh will certainly be prejudiced if discovery is not stayed and the upcoming trial is not continued,” Murdaugh attorneys Jim Griffin and Dick Harpootlian wrote in a motion filed last Friday (August 5, 2022).

In the criminal case, “discovery is very limited,” Griffin and Harpootlian noted.

A hearing on this motion has been scheduled for 2:00 p.m. EDT this Wednesday (August 10, 2022) at the Spartanburg County courthouse. S.C. circuit court judge Daniel Hall will preside over the arguments.

Alex Murdaugh’s Attorneys Push For Delay Of Civil Trial While Murder Charges Are Pending

Attorneys for accused killer Alex Murdaugh want to put the brakes on the main civil case against their client while the high-profile murder trial against him proceeds.

Their argument? That the civil case – a wrongful death action stemming from a fatal 2019 boat crash – could unearth incriminating information against Murdaugh which prosecutors in the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson could then use to help them make their murder case.

“Alex Murdaugh will certainly be prejudiced if discovery is not stayed and the upcoming trial is not continued,” Murdaugh attorneys Jim Griffin and Dick Harpootlian wrote in a motion filed last Friday (August 5, 2022).

In the criminal case, “discovery is very limited,” Griffin and Harpootlian noted.

A hearing on this motion has been scheduled for 2:00 p.m. EDT this Wednesday (August 10, 2022) at the Spartanburg County courthouse. S.C. circuit court judge Daniel Hall will preside over the arguments.
I thought that was a matter of course that a defendant's civil proceedings are delayed until the culmination of the criminal case??

I see where the state wants to revoke Smiths bond so there may be smoke on that fire. I don’t see where Smith has a real violent crime but rather charged with violent acts with the sideshow with AM on the road. Maybe they know more but hopefully they will lay it out Thursday.

<snipped> Hmmmm, wonder what's up with that?

The S.C. Attorney General’s office will seek to revoke the bond of Curtis Eddie Smith, an alleged accomplice of disbarred lawyer and accused killer Alex Murdaugh, in a court hearing Thursday afternoon.

The hearing will be at the Richland County courthouse before state Judge Clifton Newman, who has presided over other Murdaugh-related matters.

A release from Attorney General Alan Wilson’s office Wednesday gave no details of why prosecutors are seeking to revoke Smith’s bond

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sc-attorney-general-seeks-revoke-174704190.html

No surprise here. I fully expect the civil case to be delayed, especially with DH pushing for a speedy criminal trial. Do not think there won't be some tremendous legal 'wrangling' done by this Defense, they are far from stupid.

It makes a person wonder just how much AM has on all the people that have helped him out and looked the other way for years.

MOO

Murdaugh Murders: Attorneys Spar Over Attempt To Delay Civil Trial

One veteran attorney familiar with the case told me he would have been “shocked” had Hall granted the motion to stay the civil proceedings.

“I have had multiple cases where defendants facing criminal charges arising out of the same incident sought – and were denied – a stay of the civil action until the criminal charges were resolved,” the attorney told me. “In Murdaugh’s case, the criminal charges are not even arising out of the same incident.”

“Even when cases are completely related, the defendants have been forced to sit for a deposition in a civil case,” the attorney added. “Since these aren’t related, it is even more of a stretch.”

Hall accepted those arguments – and declined to issue a stay from the bench.

“Discovery in the boat case needs to continue on the schedule which it has been set,” he said. “We want to move the case forward as quickly as possible.”

I spoke with Tinsley after the hearing and he indicated a trial involving only the Parker’s defendants could happen as soon as November. Asked whether he would be ready to try the case in November, Tinsley told me he was “ready to try it Monday.”

One veteran attorney familiar with the case told me he would have been “shocked” had Hall granted the motion to stay the civil proceedings.

“I have had multiple cases where defendants facing criminal charges arising out of the same incident sought – and were denied – a stay of the civil action until the criminal charges were resolved,” the attorney told me. “In Murdaugh’s case, the criminal charges are not even arising out of the same incident.”

“Even when cases are completely related, the defendants have been forced to sit for a deposition in a civil case,” the attorney added. “Since these aren’t related, it is even more of a stretch.”

“Discovery in the boat case needs to continue on the schedule which it has been set,” he said. “We want to move the case forward as quickly as possible.”

I spoke with Tinsley after the hearing and he indicated a trial involving only the Parker’s defendants could happen as soon as November. Asked whether he would be ready to try the case in November, Tinsley told me he was “ready to try it Monday.”
Here's hoping the civil trial moves forward for the Beach Family, they are long past due for justice. MT must have his ducks in a row against Parkers, as he's ready to try it Monday. :) I think they are going to split the civil cases from Murdaugh et al, and Parkers IIRC?

Murdaugh Murders: Evidence Against Alex Murdaugh Headed To Defense Attorneys

Multiple sources familiar with the situation said attorneys Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin will receive this information from the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson early next week – perhaps as soon as Monday.

That would be consistent with a criminal procedure rule mandating the disclosure of such evidence based upon a request from defense attorneys – which was formally submitted by Harpootlian on July 15, 2022 (one day after Murdaugh was indicted by a grand jury in Colleton County).

From that article:
During his remarks before the court, Harpootlian took a dim view of the murder charges filed against Murdaugh – saying the state has presented “not much, if anything” related to a possible motive for the murders.

IMO, DH is spewing nonsense with a straight face and hoping his mere attitudinal bluster will appear to strengthen his argument.

Potential motivations I can think of without much struggle:
  1. Anger at PM for his part in the boating accident which led to serious criminal charges against him and to civil litigation against AM, BM, and the RMIII Residence Trust (that defendant likely settled as it had been dropped from the litigation).
  2. Anger at the audacity of MM for engaging a financial audit of her family's finances. How dare she investigate and potentially expose those to anyone outside the family?
  3. Imminent death of patriarch, related inheritance issues, and determination not to have any part of that inheritance potentially subject to loss or division through divorce or litigation (or any MORE of that inheritance lost - if RMIII, acting on behalf of RMIII Residence Trust had already paid a settlement in the Beach litigation).
  4. Likewise, determination not to have the very valuable family name and reputation - already sullied by PM's behavior which led to boating accident - further sullied by discovery and revelation of other wrongdoing (see next).
  5. Fear of discovery of embezzlement of client funds through MM's audit of AM's finances (incl. any associated with PMPED).
And these are just the things we know about.

Also, I am not familiar with SC law, but I doubt motive is an element that is required to be proven for a murder conviction. Even so, IMO awareness that strong motivation did exist does help individual jury members gain moral comfort in their weighty role of judging someone's guilt based on proof of the required elements.

Bond revocation hearing scheduled for Curtis Smith, alleged Alex Murdaugh accomplice

On Wednesday, the AG’s office filed a motion to revoke bond with the State Grand Jury of South Carolina for two types of violations:

The motion alleges that during his June 28 bond hearing before the State Grand Jury Presiding Judge, Smith made false representations to the court about his financial condition, saying, “I ain’t got no money,” quoted the filing. After further investigation, prosecutors learned that Smith had on June 3 received a $78,166.20 insurance settlement check and on the day of the bond hearing had $58,478.52 in his checking account.
The motion further alleges that between the dates of July 6 and July 20 Smith violated the terms of his house arrest 26 times. While the terms of his house arrest limited him to leaving his residence only to go to work, church, school, doctor appointments or attorney consultations, Smith visited a nearby ACE Hardware, Food Lion, Walmart (multiple visits), six private residences, the Fort Jackson military base in Columbia, and made multiple trips to Dorchester Biomass, an electrical energy company in Harleyville, S.C. The visits range in duration from 11 minutes to 79 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie