SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe too that in the long game this is early gathering of appeal grounds to insure this is long and drawn out and if DH is bluffing about the speedy trial, he is playing it pretty well. The state should follow the law on dates, times, evidence and such just as they demand of citizens, and they get to punish those citizens that don’t comply with the laws.

I don't know if I can post this. If not sorry to the mods.

The attorney for the Beach suit said he did not plan to include the driver of the boat because he did not believe that Paul had any assets. But a quick search on the Beaufort County Treasurer’s real and personal property tax bill lookup website reveals a living trust in Paul’s name for property at 13 and 14 Hand Drive in Port Royal. If this exists for Paul’s benefit, chances are there are other assets in the son’s name that are worth asking about.

In addition to the living trust for Paul, the Beaufort County Treasure website lists a multitude of Murdaugh holdings in that county. There is no doubt the Murdaughs have properties and assets in other areas of South Carolina and a good probability of holdings out of state. All of this needs to be part of the discovery in the Beach wrongful death case.

Paul’s father, Richard Alexander Murdaugh, is listed as affiliated with or as the owner of numerous businesses including Murdaugh Rental Center, Murdaugh Charters LLC, Redbeard LLC, Eclipse Landscape and Design LLC, Medical Consultants of the Lowcountry LLC, and of course the law firm Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth & Detrick.

Chances are he, his now deceased wife, and others in the Murdaugh family are involved in many more local businesses and real estate holdings that are not as easily identified.

Still, there is one major property that is hard to hide. The 460-acre family island where the fateful boat sojourn started that night, and where the group of six planned to stay overnight actually has approvals for 19 homes, which could significantly increase its value.
Information about SC Living Trust.

Property in a living trust would not belong to the person designated until the original owner dies, so it would not be part of Paul's estate.

If the property is in an irrevocable living trust, it may be protected from creditors.

I suspect that many of AM's assets will be tied up in various trusts.

Press Conf Article

<snipped>

"The State immediately decided Alex was the prime suspect, before anyone collected, investigated, or reviewed any evidence,” the motion says. “For over a year the Attorney General has used a State Grand Jury investigation of alleged white-collar crimes involving Murdaugh as a device to find evidence justifying the State’s blind guess that Alex murdered his wife and son.”

The multi-page motion, filed Tuesday in Colleton County where the Maggie and Paul were killed, asks Judge Clifton Newman to compel the attorney general to overturn evidence against their client.

The motion was the focus of a Wednesday press conference held by Murdaugh’s attorney, state Sen. Dick Harpootlian, who called the withholding of evidence “unprecedented” and called the attorney general’s efforts “trial by ambush.”

Murdaugh’s lawyers accuse SC attorney general of withholding murder evidence, leaks to media

“Wilson’s office said both sides had previously discussed a standard protective order and that the State has provided thousands of pages of documents for discovery to the defense. Wilson’s office described the process as “agreeable” to both parties during Murdaugh’s bond hearing and their later phone conversations.”

The State responds. Typical Harpootlian spin. Agrees on things in private then publically cries foul. Pathetic. To me, he is despicable. Not because he’s defending AM, but how he is doing it. Tricks and magic wands. If he thought his client was guilty he would be straight up.
Harpootlian has had an illustrious career as a prosecutor and a defense attorney. I have never seen him desperate and oily like he is in this case. This particular case and how he’s running it can only tarnish his legacy.
And somebody please tell me who is paying Harpootlian and Griffin. Somebody needs to follow that money.

The attorney for the Beach suit said he did not plan to include the driver of the boat because he did not believe that Paul had any assets. But a quick search on the Beaufort County Treasurer’s real and personal property tax bill lookup website reveals a living trust in Paul’s name for property at 13 and 14 Hand Drive in Port Royal. If this exists for Paul’s benefit, chances are there are other assets in the son’s name that are worth asking about.

In addition to the living trust for Paul, the Beaufort County Treasure website lists a multitude of Murdaugh holdings in that county. There is no doubt the Murdaughs have properties and assets in other areas of South Carolina and a good probability of holdings out of state. All of this needs to be part of the discovery in the Beach wrongful death case.

Paul’s father, Richard Alexander Murdaugh, is listed as affiliated with or as the owner of numerous businesses including Murdaugh Rental Center, Murdaugh Charters LLC, Redbeard LLC, Eclipse Landscape and Design LLC, Medical Consultants of the Lowcountry LLC, and of course the law firm Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth & Detrick.

Chances are he, his now deceased wife, and others in the Murdaugh family are involved in many more local businesses and real estate holdings that are not as easily identified.

Still, there is one major property that is hard to hide. The 460-acre family island where the fateful boat sojourn started that night, and where the group of six planned to stay overnight actually has approvals for 19 homes, which could significantly increase its value.
Great sleuthing, Raize!!

I’m interested to look into the DH claim that prosecutors are crazy to go for capital punishment on a circumstantial case. I’m sure they don’t hope to but I’m interested to know just how uncommon or unsuccessful it may be.

South Carolina’s criminal procedure rules require prosecutors to “respond to the defendant’s request for disclosure no later than thirty days after the request is made, or within such other time as may be ordered by the court.”

Why are we now past that deadline?

Court sources told me late Tuesday that judge Newman was still reviewing a motion related to the disclosure of the files – but declined to discuss what the motion entailed. The same court source indicated certain documents requested by defense attorneys remained under seal – meaning Newman must decide when and how to unseal them. Once again, this source declined to discuss the nature of those documents.

Also, as mentioned earlier, Newman must decide whether to assign a protective order to any of the files.

According to a media advisory from his spokeswoman Amanda Loveday, Harpootlian has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow morning (Wednesday, August 17, 2022) at 11:00 a.m. EDT to update reporters on the status of the case.

Specifically, Harpootlian will be discussing a “recent motion asking a court to order the State of South Carolina to comply with their obligations under court rules and case law to furnish discovery material.”

Harpootlian is also expected to take questions following his remarks.

Count on this news outlet to attend that press conference and provide our readers with the very latest developments …

O/T
At 66 I became a first time Grandmother yesterday. She is a cutie 8lbs7oz
OT: Congrats @Elley Mae :)

This is a very interesting piece, but I find it super-fishy that a random expert on the middle east just happened to pick up this story on vacation and found all of these photos, the full timeline, affidavits, etc. etc. etc. There must be someone feeding him information, I wonder who it is?

The photos alone are worth a look. TY!

This is a very interesting piece, but I find it super-fishy that a random expert on the middle east just happened to pick up this story on vacation and found all of these photos, the full timeline, affidavits, etc. etc. etc. There must be someone feeding him information, I wonder who it is?
I might be wrong but I feel like I recall reading here months and months ago some connection between this writer and journalist “Vicky”? When this article was first published I think I remember there were questions. Sorry — all very vague in my memory. OMO.

Anyone else remember anything unusual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member