SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong but I feel like I recall reading here months and months ago some connection between this writer and journalist “Vicky”? When this article was first published I think I remember there were questions. Sorry — all very vague in my memory. OMO.

Anyone else remember anything unusual?
Have you read the WSJ article that came out Friday?

I find the hunting picture of Randolph senior and jr odd in that senior appears to be holding a green bird.
Iirc the carolina parakeet is considered to be extinct.

Jmo
That looks like a parrot. The photo may have been taken on a hunt in Central or South America.

Edit: there are parrots in Texas now, I saw a bunch of them the last time I was in Fort Worth.

DH has taken this case on for some reason; fame, recognition, or perhaps AM is very persuasive since they're such good friends from way back, IYKWIM.

I think it's a terrible move for him and his political wife, which makes me wonder even more what his motivation is.

MOO

Well, this case is exposing corruption far & wide in the local area, the state, & perhaps even further.

DH is a part of the entire system that is showing its cracks due to corruption. Maybe he's motivated to provide a hearty defense because he's being blackmailed?

I don't know if I believe that, but it's a possibility, imo.

MOO.

Have you read the WSJ article that came out Friday?

Yes, did read every word of WSJ. We subscribe. Very interesting.

Also suggest last Saturday’s (Aug. 13) FitsNews’ week in review podcast — a lot of details on new developments. I had to re-listen several times to absorb it all.

Well, this case is exposing corruption far & wide in the local area, the state, & perhaps even further.

DH is a part of the entire system that is showing its cracks due to corruption. Maybe he's motivated to provide a hearty defense because he's being blackmailed?

I don't know if I believe that, but it's a possibility, imo.

MOO.
I doubt he's being blackmailed, but I have suspected from the very beginning, that he's doing this to protect corrupt "bigger fish", and not just because of any loyalty to Alex.

I doubt he's being blackmailed, but I have suspected from the very beginning, that he's doing this to protect corrupt "bigger fish", and not just because of any loyalty to Alex.

It’s like that saying, if you want to know what I think of you introduce me to your friends.

Jmo

Lot’s of folks that were friends/family probably wish they weren’t.

Jmo

So much this. It's not a matter of blackmail there are simply networks of "old boys" who operate as if they are above the law. Once someone becomes a part of these organizations there is no option but to continue to support them.

I would very much like to see Murdaugh pay for his crimes but what I want most to see is for this thread to be pulled and unravel some of the corrupt, criminal syndicate operating within the South Carolina legal system before Alex "hangs himself in jail"

I’d bet DH has many more connections in that pigpen down there than AM as he was in the game when AM was a “youngun” as they say.

Another Round Of Financial Crime Indictments For Alex Murdaugh

Already staring down murder charges, drug charges and charges related to a botched “suicide” attempt last Labor Day, disbarred attorney Alex Murdaugh has been hit with additional charges related to his alleged financial crimes.

News of the latest indictments – handed down earlier this week by the South Carolina statewide grand jury – was first reported by John Monk of The (Columbia, S.C.) State newspaper.

According to Monk, the latest indictments alleged – among other things – that Murdaugh made off with more than $91,000 from his former law firm “without the firm knowing and put the money toward his own personal use.”

Murdaugh’s former firm has previously filed a civil suit against him – although given some of the curious property and corporate connections between the disbarred lawyer and several of his former partners uncovered by our researcher, Jenn Wood, that suit was greeted with suspicion.

In addition to allegedly stealing from his law partners, Murdaugh was also accused by prosecutors of manipulating the internal processes at his former law firm – Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) – to obtain a $121,000 loan repayment check intended for his brother, Randy Murdaugh, according to the indictments.

All of these new charges were confirmed by the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson – which released the indictments to this news outlet shortly before 10:00 a.m. EDT on Friday.

What makes this case so interesting is the web of connected crime: AM and bankers, attorneys, law enforcement, county government, sitting judges, families, neighbor landowners, followed by reporters covering the story becoming entwined in it through social media. Yes, it’s tragic. Its a plot of a best-seller. I almost forgot to mention the Social Media Theatrics of DH and JG. IMHO, if SLED has DNA evidence and cell phone evidence placing him there, AM is done. No amount of hidden money will buy his freedom.

As Brody said in, Jaws.

Your going to need a bigger boat.
I wonder how he kept all of this stuff straight in his head. The more we learn of his operations, the more accomplices keep popping up. No wonder SLED is taking its time untangling the Murdaugh racket.....the heads of investigators must be spinning.

Keep in mind that we're just seeing the bottom end. It's starting to look like the Amway of criminal conspiracies. Who's at the top?

I wonder how he kept all of this stuff straight in his head. The more we learn of his operations, the more accomplices keep popping up. No wonder SLED is taking its time untangling the Murdaugh racket.....the heads of investigators must be spinning.

Keep in mind that we're just seeing the bottom end. It's starting to look like the Amway of criminal conspiracies. Who's at the top?
I think that's the $1M question. AM (and his father and GF before him) had too many players in the game to keep from getting caught for years it seems. I'd speculate that the 'assistance to some degree' pool is very deep indeed.

MOO

As Brody said in, Jaws.

Your going to need a bigger boat.

" "One of the reasons he trounced everyone in the South Carolina primary is not only his work with Jim Clyburn, but his relationship over the years with many, many people around this state, many, many Democrats," said Dick Harpootlian "

Murdaugh Saga: Greg Parker Has Another New Lawyer

According to multiple attorneys familiar with the case, Parker’s latest new lawyer hire is yet another move ripped straight from the good ol’ boy playbook – another case study in status quo chicanery.

Who is it? Henry D. McMaster Jr. (a.k.a. “Henry Dee”).

If that name sounds familiar, it should. Henry Dee is none other than the one and only son of South Carolina governor Henry McMaster.

AUG 17, 2022

Statement from Attorney General Alan Wilson on allegation of leaked information in Murdaugh case​

(COLUMBIA, S.C.) – Contrary to what Mr. Harpootlian said at his news conference, it is categorically false that the Attorney General’s Office leaked any information in the Murdaugh murder case. We’ve been in communication with SLED and they deny that they told anyone that our office leaked anything.
As we said in our Response in Opposition to the Motion to Compel, this is, “…a not unexpected but completely blatant attempt to create drama where formerly there was none.”

Statement from Attorney General Alan Wilson on allegation of leaked information in Murdaugh case - South Carolina Attorney General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong