SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blue raincoat?

According to our sources, this witness saw Alex “hide something wrapped in a blue tarp behind (his parents) house” upon arriving from Moselle. Another source referred to the blue tarp as a “rain slicker” – or rain jacket – but confirmed “it was blue.”

“It ended up being a rain jacket the witness thought was a tarp,” the source said.

Whatever the blue water resistant item was, “there was significant GSR (gunshot residue) on it,” one of our sources said.

Bingo!!!! IMO

<snipped>

Former South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh, who stands accused of killing his wife and son, has asked the judge presiding over the murder trial to allow him to appear in the courtroom without being shackled.

Attorneys for Murdaugh argued in a motion filed in state court on Wednesday that authorities should be forced to unshackle him in any court proceedings where news cameras are present.

But Murdaugh's attorneys note that murder defendants are typically shackled during pretrial hearings when a jury has not yet been chosen.

Jury selection for the Murdaugh murder trial is not expected to begin until Jan. 23, but his attorneys contend that he should not have to wear shackles during any pretrial hearings because of the intense media interest around the case.

"Most murder defendants do not have TV crews filming every pretrial hearing," defense attorneys wrote, arguing such images could prejudice the minds of potential jurors.

"The issue is how the Court allows the defendant in this case to be displayed to the jury pool in advance of jury selection," they added.

Alex Murdaugh, The Prominent Attorney Accused Of Killing His Wife And Son, Doesn't Want To Wear Shackles In Court
i'm sick of what "alex wants".

This has probably been posted but explains what the hearing at 2 will cover:

MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (WCBD) – Disbarred Attorney and accused murderer Alex Murdaugh and state prosecutors are due in court Friday morning for a pre-trial hearing leading up to Murdaugh’s scheduled murder trial next month.

<modsnip - 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – Former Hampton County lawyer and accused murderer Alex Murdaugh was scheduled to appear in court Friday for a pre-trial status hearing, but waived his right at the last minute.

Instead, his defense team and state prosecutors appeared before Judge Clifton Newman.

<modsnip - 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
so Alex wasn't there. New hearing scheduled for next Friday. No idea why he wasn't there.
"After initially agreeing to waive Murdaugh’s court appearance, the judge later told the court he needed to be present. Attorneys agreed to reconvene Friday, Dec. 9 with Murdaugh present."
Bulloney AM was a no-show.

Last edited:
so Alex wasn't there. New hearing scheduled for next Friday. No idea why he wasn't there.
AM was expected to show and decided not to 10 minutes beforehand.

<snipped>. Watch: Murdaugh hearing held ahead of murder trial
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – Former Hampton County lawyer and accused murderer Alex Murdaugh was scheduled to appear in court Friday for a pre-trial status hearing, but waived his right at the last minute.

Instead, his defense team and state prosecutors appeared before Judge Clifton Newman.

The meeting was to assess how both sides are progressing ahead of Murdaugh’s murder trial. He is accused of fatally shooting his wife Margaret and son Paul at their Colleton County property in June of 2021.

Friday’s hearing lasted less than 10 minutes. Attorneys requested an additional hearing take place Friday, December 9.

During the hearing, attorneys said that both parties had agreed to a general questionnaire to screen potential jurors and would provide a copy to to Judge Newman by Monday.

aside from the explicit description of the photos, this was interesting:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"One item of interest in the crime scene photos that was not referenced by Harpootlian and Griffin?

Paul Murdaugh’s cell phone is reportedly visible in the photos of his body – placed on his buttocks as he is lying face down in the feed room. According to my sources, Alex Murdaugh acknowledged handling his late son’s phone in the immediate aftermath of discovering the bodies.

Murdaugh claimed the phone fell from his dead son’s pocket as he unsuccessfully attempted to roll Paul over. According to his statement to law enforcement, Murdaugh picked the phone up and briefly handled it prior to placing it on Paul’s buttocks.

Murdaugh reportedly told investigators he realized the phone could be evidence connected to the murders and did not want to handle it any further. Murdaugh’s attorneys have insisted Paul’s phone was dead by the time SLED agents got to him – an interesting claim considering it was functioning at around 8:44 p.m. EDT when he recorded a short video that obliterated his father’s evolving alibi.

“Paul’s phone was dead, (its) battery was dead when SLED agents got to him,” Griffin said during an October court hearing."
According to my sources, Murdaugh (above) was confronted by SLED agents about his presence at the kennels during an interview conducted in August of 2021. Initially taken aback at the assertion, Murdaugh informed investigators they were wrong about this key point of information.

“No,” he told them.

Murdaugh later qualified his denial by saying there was no way he could have been at the kennels at the time the video was filmed “unless my timeline is wrong.”

Last edited:

aside from the explicit description of the photos, this was interesting:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"One item of interest in the crime scene photos that was not referenced by Harpootlian and Griffin?

Paul Murdaugh’s cell phone is reportedly visible in the photos of his body – placed on his buttocks as he is lying face down in the feed room. According to my sources, Alex Murdaugh acknowledged handling his late son’s phone in the immediate aftermath of discovering the bodies.

Murdaugh claimed the phone fell from his dead son’s pocket as he unsuccessfully attempted to roll Paul over. According to his statement to law enforcement, Murdaugh picked the phone up and briefly handled it prior to placing it on Paul’s buttocks.

Murdaugh reportedly told investigators he realized the phone could be evidence connected to the murders and did not want to handle it any further. Murdaugh’s attorneys have insisted Paul’s phone was dead by the time SLED agents got to him – an interesting claim considering it was functioning at around 8:44 p.m. EDT when he recorded a short video that obliterated his father’s evolving alibi.

“Paul’s phone was dead, (its) battery was dead when SLED agents got to him,” Griffin said during an October court hearing."
According to my sources, Murdaugh (above) was confronted by SLED agents about his presence at the kennels during an interview conducted in August of 2021. Initially taken aback at the assertion, Murdaugh informed investigators they were wrong about this key point of information.

“No,” he told them.

Murdaugh later qualified his denial by saying there was no way he could have been at the kennels at the time the video was filmed “unless my timeline is wrong.”
OMG! What a graphic headline! (then, there is the cell phone placement) :(

I find it interesting if true that a lawyer apparently realizes the importance of crime scene preservation just after putting himself all over it. There seems to be an explanation for everything from gun powder (if I understand correctly), AM touching the victims, this phone, AM walking around the scene. I don’t believe this goes to court next month but I’d like to see it finally unfold. Everything we are seeing now is for the potential jury pool.

Cell phone cameras use a lot of your battery. If using the camera and the screen at the same time battery drain could approach 1% per minute. It looks like Paul was recording when he was shot and the camera kept on going till it ran out.
More than likely he was on the initial charge of the day and had less than 50% left on the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie