SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

It's because you need to subscribe to the new thread. Threads reach a max and you'll need to go to the last post in a thread which will be from a MOD with a link to the thread. Just click the "watch thread" on the new thread

2. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

At this point, the number of suspicious deaths rival those of Cabot Cove, Maine.

I'm just surprised we've yet to see any headlines dubbing Hampton County the "Murdaugh Capitol of the State."

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    eldora, Alkali13, misgrn and 37 others like this.
  3. Shadow@light

Shadow@light Well-Known Member

Can someone help me with information regarding the Boat Accident which family was facing Court and legal battle. I read all the teenagers were drinking under age and under the influence. But what did Miss Beach died from? Injuries from falling from the boat, hitting part of the bridge or was it drowning? There was one person who had serious injuries which was reported by you and newspapers shared.
    Also the teenagers in the boat were unsure who actually pulled the throttle suddenly at full speed causing the accident, there were three people at the wheel it was dark/foggy even the reports which I read suppled in the thread said "They believed Paul was at the wheel driving the boat".
    Was fully confirmed he was driving the boat and I missed this detail, I am sorry.
    MOO, there was a lot going on with Murdaugh Family more than what we know.
    Hardest thing is people saying Paul Murdaugh was delaying the trial, but without fact it is just gossip. It would be sad to know the fact came known ,IMO ,someone had taken matters in their own hands dealing justice killing Paul and his Mother to find out later there were other factors/ and other people which had been delaying the trial.
    Please excuse if grammer is wrong, got children on School Holidays.

4. Sustained

Sustained Justice for Stacy

Mallory died from blunt force trauma and drowning. Most likely at the crash, she was either thrown into the piling or something on the boat knocking her unconscious and into the water.

Based on depositions from the boat occupants, they assumed Paul was driving the boat but there is no proof of that.

As for delaying the trial, a lot of trials were delayed due to Covid. However, I'm sure AM has the legal knowledge to delay a trial if so wanted.

5. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Or, the break-in could be related to the murder only to the degree someone Paul knew felt the need to get something out of his apartment either to protect themself from incriminating info that would be discovered during the inevitable upcoming LE search. Or perhaps a friend went in to clear out items they knew Paul wouldn’t have wanted to be discovered.

6. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

An attorney for another passenger in the boat said he was encouraged the state was looking into “the inexplicable disappearance of important evidence and other lapses by the initial investigating authorities.”

Investigation into Murdaugh slayings shines new light on old cases

Any word on what the evidence was that disappeared?

7. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Could be, or

If what was found was at the apartment that has the SS case reopened, could possible jeopardize the “link” to PM. Jmo

8. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I am shaking my head....

9. eag

eag Active Member

I would not be surprised if M has engaged a PR group and some of the info found on social media is put out by them (?)

10. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Me too...this could have been Randy Sr. or Randy Jr.

Sassygal87, Hotmud62, Flicka1 and 6 others like this.
  11. girlhasnoname

Yes it's absurd. <modsnip>

12. Warwick7

Yes! Lol! I was thinking St Mary Mead. Or as Gordian said Cabot Cove. Lol!
    But, on a more serious side your post makes a very good point.

13. girlhasnoname

14. GordianKnot

Any time there's a whiff of money around a case, I get concerned.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

In cases like this one, where I strongly suspect the motive to be a financial one, I focus on one central question:

"Cui Bono?"

15. Warwick7

Yes, who stands, to gain from a crime will be the responsible one.

I fear we are going to find all these deaths are intertwined...

16. Warwick7

BBM

These are just tips off the iceberg. This is gonna get bad.

17. Sustained

Sustained Justice for Stacy

Money for sure could be the motive for the murders but it might be the lack of progress and monetary settlement in the civil suit that proves to be the true motive. A few days prior to the murders, the M's were fighting the release of financial documents, claiming the interrogatories were too broad. Those documents alone would have given the court an idea of what these folks were really worth and what they could pay.

Combine that with the slow walk of PM's criminal proceedings and perhaps that drove someone to take the law into their own hands.

JMO

18. Warwick7

An Excellent post.

19. GordianKnot

I'm going to go on record as saying that I ain't buying the suggestion that PM was the sole intended target and that MM was simply "in the wrong place at the wrong time."

It was, after all, the woman's house.
    It was after 9 pm on a weeknight.
    I'm not exactly sure where else she was supposed to be after dark on a weeknight.

I can't imagine the woman's presence at her own home on a weeknight would come as a complete shock to the killer(s).

I'm seeing signs of someone perhaps planting a false narrative.
    Someone may be attempting to muddy the investigative waters so that that LE can't spot the monster slithering beneath the surface.

I'm openly speculating that someone would LIKE us all to believe PM was the sole intended target.
    If PM was the sole intended target, the list of suspects is long, indeed.

But if MM was ALSO an intended victim, that list likely becomes considerably shorter, and this case becomes much more straightforward.

I think this will prove to be a two birds/one stone crime.

The fact that two guns were used, notwithstanding.

J.M.O.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Alkali13, mspepper, Tink60 and 35 others like this.
  20. Jleeryan99

Jleeryan99 Well-Known Member

I really hope the national news media starts shining a brighter light into these cases and this family. If not then I’m afraid these 2 murders will get swept under the rug like the previous ones related to this case. They could easily have some of the SLED officers under their thumb too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.