SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

Can you share your theory for why they thought the scene was secure?

I agree with the assessment that there is more than one Gibson connected to the family. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2021

2. TJW

TJW Well-Known Member

Just what was said earlier that someone else was there with AM. Maybe had security/training and they had time to make sure scene was safe. I’ve wondered if the M’s had some kind of private security at night. If PM was back in town & had gotten threats, I’d be scared to stay out in the boonies with him. But, if AM did get a message, maybe he called someone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2021
  3. TJW

TJW Well-Known Member

And may have nothing to do with the crime.

4. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

I know someone mentioned the fantastic Pat Conroy earlier in the thread. Did you know Conroy had written about the Murdaugh's in his memoir, The Death of Santini: The Story of a Father and his Son? (An excellent book if you have not read it yet.)

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2021
  5. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

That adds yet another tabloid twist to this plot. Not in the way of real correlation just for the sake of mystery.

6. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

@swedeheart great find!!

7. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Because it involves the Murdaugh family (that's an obvious no-brainer) and SLED doesn't want the public to misconstrue the facts of the incident. (Paraphrasing a tad but pretty much what SLED said about revealing certain things redacted).

Marg from Oz, Flicka1, Luna20 and 8 others like this.
  8. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Appears the holly st home was sold.

Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge.

June 9,2021
    Snipped

Moseley had helped construct Alex Murdaugh’s house on Holly Street in Hampton, which was sold last April.

9. TJW

TJW Well-Known Member

That is sooo cool. I love Pat Conroy!!

10. TJW

TJW Well-Known Member

This family knew everyone around including first responders. I’m thinking AM couldn’t get PM or MM on the phone to tell them he was on way home. Thinking something wrong with all the stuff going on with PM, he called someone experienced to meet him at the Lodge. They sure have the 9:00-9:30 timeline down. LE knows there is enough speculation of special treatment already.

11. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

I have had the same thought bout texted between them. I would imagine AM was in contact with MM about RM’s condition and when he left. Maybe how far out he was from home. May have even got a text about hearing gun shot from one of them and asked LE to do a drive by. Jmo

I have wondered if one was shot close to 9 and the other 9:30.

Jmo

12. stmarysmead

stmarysmead Well-Known Member

Yes, that’s true.

This is small town living….and over generations.

The M brothers grew up and seemingly went to the local public schools…and probably had childhood friends across a wide social spectrum. I’m betting they have a very wide cross section of friends, not just of the Yacht Club variety….guys they played on teams with, or families they went to church with. They were job creators too, and brought income to this rural area. There was a lot to like.

Over the generations, they might NEVER had had to step in, in such a public way, for a family member…as they allegedly did for PM. Maybe the power, influence, etc that was there for generations, never was used except to benefit the entire community. But dealing with issues that began to swirl around the sons of AM…starting with the SS investigation…began to require a different approach, in my opinion.

This is all supposition of course.

After the boat crash, being focused on saving PM from a jail sentence, IMO, was paramount to the family, which it would be. They might not have realized that rumors were building and some people in the area were now seeing that the M family member in trouble…didn’t seem to be treated , ALLEGEDLY, as they might have been in the same situation. PM’s behavior, or “Timmy’s” behavior in the community at large could have exacerbated the situation, which RM4 admitted somewhat in the interview…about attitudes changing among ‘people that didn’t know PM.”

Now, all that has gone before, could complicate perceptions of this crime. But any special handling of information would as well, IMO.

It’s a mess.

13. sunshineray

Someone probably talked to either MM or PM right before 9pm? Or someone saw them turn onto their road to their property at that time, if they were themselves coming back from seeing the grandfather?

14. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Ohhhh good thought process!

Marg from Oz, waldojabba and Flicka1 like this.
  15. sunshineray

A lot of those SUV's have Onstar calling installed or some type of that service.

16. sunshineray

What struck me in this article was the Hampton shop owner saying,

"Patricia Moore, owner of Spinbad Church Supply in Hampton, said that Murdaugh is a powerful name in town.

“Scary family,” Moore said. “Everyone is scared of them.”

Although Moore felt the Murdaugh family was intimidating, she hoped the police would find out who killed Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

“Regardless of what the family is like, they did not deserve to die like that,” Moore said."

Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge.

17. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

I think 'possible witness' may have been someone that had seen an unusual vehicle or person(s) entering, or on the property, but they haven't determined who the vehicle/person(s) are and if they were supposed to be there. Just a guess.

18. Ray_of_hope

Has there been a reward offered for tips leading to apprehending the killer and if not, why? This family seems to have a lot of disposable income. Just seems weird to me. I mean someone ruthlessly killed your wife and son.

19. Ray_of_hope

Is AM still a prosecutor for the 14th judicial and if so should he recuse himself? Seems as though it would not look good for him or his family to be on the inner workings of the investigation.

20. WonderMore

WonderMore Well-Known Member

Yes & also SLED might be attempting to be meticulous about procedures and protecting evidence because of the M family's connection to the case. SLED realizes the legal powers of this family. In my opinion, this would make SLED extra cautious about their handling of the case to protect any case they are building. If the suspect(s) end up being directly connected to the family or to a different powerful family, the eventual court case could be insanely challenging to prosecute....so meticulous handling of the evidence and such would be best. Just my thoughts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.