SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

Well, unfortunately you can't rewind to see the segment. It will be uploaded on his channel after he is finished with his live stream in a couple of hours. Hoping the DM will pick it up soon.

(Sorry, mod. I couldn't find anyone online to ask if that particular vid was aloud, since Gray was discussing it).

2. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Alex Murdaugh told the S.C. Law Enforcement Division that he had been visiting his sick father, Randolph III, in the hospital in Savannah and returned to his family’s rural estate in Colleton County to find his wife, Maggie, and youngest son Paul killed.

Murdaugh slayings: Two killed in prominent Hampton, SC family

Snipped

Four days later, his grandfather, a prominent attorney and prosecutor, dies of apparent natural causes at his home in Hampton County.

Murdaugh slayings: Two killed in prominent Hampton, SC family

3. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I am more and more beginning to look at this scenario. It could explain LE reacting to ensure"the general public wouldn't misconstrue."

After watching and rewatching that video-- I feel drugs and personal vendetta was in play.

4. Rivkah11

Rivkah11 Well-Known Member

Has the whereabouts of oldest son been stated?

5. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

He was living about 2 hours away at the time of the murders.

6. TJW

TJW Well-Known Member

Yeah, we don’t have any enemies. No one would want to hurt Paul. He’s lovely. I do wonder if any of the other Murdaugh family members were tired of PM’s shenanigans. He was dragging the family down. With PM constantly getting in more trouble, all the secrets kept coming back up. Did AM’s siblings have children causing trouble? And the line in PM’s obit that “he never met a stranger” really got to me. That is something usually said about an older person-PM was a kid. Looked like a 14 yr old in that bar. Was that statement a hint that PM knew his killer? To me, it would be too obvious to be connected directly to the boat crash. That’s why it might be an opportune time for someone with a grudge to hit out at the family.
    By the papers released about the investigation in boat crash, the coverup is worse than I even thought. These kids learned a hard lesson about who you hang around. Doesn’t matter how much money they have. I’m so glad the civil suit was filed & CC’s issues have come out.
    And PM’s phone would show whether there was a drug deal at the bar. Oh yeah, no PM’s phone-did they get phone records? I don’t think drug deal. I think that was PM when drunk. Didn’t need drug help to act like that according to his friends.
    I know I’m all over the place, but after reading these things, I don’t think we’ll find out what really happened June 7th.
    JMOO

7. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

8. Elley Mae

Like one big happy family.

Jmo

According to John Marvin Murdaugh, the reason he invited a large group of law enforcement officers to his family's sprawling hunting compound on the outskirts of Varnville last Saturday was simple; to give back to officers who give their all to protect and serve the communities in which they are employed.

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Landowner gives back to boys in blue

9. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

That interview was total damage control. Especially that it was so quick considering they didn’t want to contribute to the MB and SS investigation. No sense of urgency for those families at the time.

10. Maxwell12

Maxwell12 New Member

Agreed, what about the online threats, where did these lead? Maybe nowhere but why wouldn't these be looked into when received? The family had plenty of resources. Did PM respond to them? Family Said Paul Murdaugh Received Online Threats Before His Death | PEOPLE.com

11. otto

otto Verified Expert

Were the death threats recent, did they relate to the boating death, were the threats report to police? If not, the threats would have led nowhere.

The family could have hired a private investigator to identify the source of the alleged death threats ... but, were the threats related to the boat death? If not, what were they related to? If it's boating related, are the threats recent?

12. Sheila Terranova

Sheila Terranova Well-Known Member

The murders seem to be a case of taking Justice into your own hands when totally heart broken by injustice ….having given up on the justice system ever fairly doing it for you. I’m not absolving murder , but this is the only case that I understand the murderer’s passion.

13. Elley Mae

If peeps like us can find articles sitting at home that tell a story about a family in a town of less then 3000? ppl what do the ppl in town know about the family that never hit the papers.

Jmo

You don’t know what you don’t know.

14. Elley Mae

Thanks for link, maxwell12

From link

"I didn't think it was a credible threat," Paul's uncle, John Marvin Murdaugh, told ABC News in an interview on Good Morning America. "If it was, I would have tried to do something or notify someone. But, I guess, maybe I made a mistake."

Reading this now sounds as if he knew then it was targeted.

Jmo

15. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

I don't believe that a desire for justice is what drove these murders.

I firmly believe that the motive behind this crime was a financial one.

The murderer's passion was a love of money.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

JMO.

16. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I wondered more and more just which Murdaugh was the target and which the collateral damage.

17. GordianKnot

I think the odds are that we're looking at a two birds-one stone scenario, and that both were intended targets.

JMO.

18. windrower

windrower Well-Known Member

bbm

Uh huh. Sure it was.

19. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

In any senarios that you're considering, are there more than one shooter?

20. GordianKnot

Yes.

My main man, William of Occam, pointed out to me that the simplest explanation for the victims having been shot with 2 completely different weapons is that there were 2 shooters.

I'm sticking with Will on this one.

Having said that, I'm remaining open to the possibility that a single perp may have used two weapons to make it appear as though there were 2 shooters on the scene, i.e., in an effort to misdirect LE.

JMO.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.