SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought that "no threat to the community" meant that LE knew who did it, and that it was targeted and it's very unlikely that random people are in danger.

I’ve always understood it to be that the person who committed the crime to be in custody or dead by LE or suicide. How can they be positive that the person(s) who has killed already isn’t dangerous or wouldn’t do it again?

I always thought that "no threat to the community" meant that LE knew who did it, and that it was targeted and it's very unlikely that random people are in danger.

Could be though it doesn’t go well with the brothers showing up on a talk show saying they don’t know of anyone who would target them. It’s just the peculiar dynamics collectively that make you wonder but it could happen to be coincidental.

Sure wish we could entice one of our WS certified experts in LE to this case — someone who would be willing to comment on explanations for the silence from SLED, silence from families, various reasons its taking so long, why they wouldn't ask FBI to help, etc.
To me, the silence speaks volumes. I believe it was an inside job- the perpetrator was either known or very very close to the family. There is no one in this case to pay hush money to, so they in effect have silenced themselves. MOO.

To me, the silence speaks volumes. I believe it was an inside job- the perpetrator was either known or very very close to the family. There is no one in this case to pay hush money to, so they in effect have silenced themselves. MOO.

I believe the murderer(s) knew the victims too but there is just something about the way this is being handled that doesn’t seem right.

I believe the murderer(s) knew the victims too but there is just something about the way this is being handled that doesn’t seem right.
IMO, it's Solicitor Stobe's refusal to recuse himself and his office from the investigations...and I'd go father and say why hasn't the AG of South Carolina not requested it of him in writing?

Asked whether the S.C. Attorney General’s Office had requested the Solicitor’s Office to step away from the murder investigation, Kidd responded that the S.C. Freedom of Information Act “does not oblige a public body to respond to open-ended interrogatories.” But he said the office has no documents showing any agency asked the solicitor’s office to recuse itself.

Murdaughs’ work for prosecutor’s office outlined as murder investigation continues

At least SLED is feeling some public pressure. The “rumors” that they debunked is actually a “rumor” about buried cars. It really is meaningless as to how they are progressing with wrapping this up. It seems more like they had to say something to ease scrutiny.

We know they found something though…even if it’s not buried cars, right?!

Is is one thing to INQUIRE…..or ask, but another thing to go and do your own actual investigation with the right equipment and tools to see what is buried in the ground. Verbally anyone can say what they want…truth or lie. It is another thing to actually do a on foot in depth investigation of the property to prove there is no cars anywhere. Jmoo

a play on words…..jmoo

IMO I feel that Murdaugh Family, their business, the Local LE, Court System or any one involved will keep quiet and not reveal anything or make any comment. These murders will stall just like the Ramsey case. No one will talk, no trial will happen, nothing will be solved. Yet, all these people know who committed the murders. It just will not be solved because the murderer(s) is/are well known. Also there could be repercussions (by those in power) towards anyone that reveals the truth.
Even though WS members will always work on the case as well as others, and probably have figured out many answers, if the authorities don’t step up to the plate and take charge, these murders will not be solved.
“Good old boy” will always be alive and well. If anything is solved, I will be very shocked.
All this is JMOO.
Very well stated. I totally agree.

It's certainly possible but look how the corruption issues have come to light and a grand jury is hearing testimony. Hopefully if there really is corruption going on with the murder investigations, it will also be found out
I think they are just going through the motions in order to be able to say that they have investigated.

(Open in incognito to view)

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/l...SPzmevrASufaoep1YcuzcHm4JJjcTZDZSmEGuqXlP7pFs

Among the files:

▪ New photos showing extensive damage to the 2006 Sea Hunt boat that crashed;
▪ Records showing that the S.C. Department of Natural Resources requested Snapchat records from the boat’s occupants;

▪ A redacted copy of Paul Murdaugh’s death certificate. The Island Packet previously obtained a copy of the certificate that confirmed he was killed by gunshot wounds to the chest and head;

▪ An Aug. 23, 2019 email from the University of South Carolina Director of Compliance and Professional Standards asking the AG’s Office for a copy of the indictment against Murdaugh. “The individual charged is a UofSC returning student. As part of our on-going review of student’s charged in criminal matters we wish to have the indictment,” the email said.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/l...SPzmevrASufaoep1YcuzcHm4JJjcTZDZSmEGuqXlP7pFs

Among the files:

▪ Records showing that the S.C. Department of Natural Resources requested Snapchat records from the boat’s occupants;

▪ A redacted copy of Paul Murdaugh’s death certificate. The Island Packet previously obtained a copy of the certificate that confirmed he was killed by gunshot wounds to the chest and head;

▪ An Aug. 23, 2019 email from the University of South Carolina Director of Compliance and Professional Standards asking the AG’s Office for a copy of the indictment against Murdaugh. “The individual charged is a UofSC returning student. As part of our on-going review of student’s charged in criminal matters we wish to have the indictment,” the email said.

The way PM was murdered is very personal and the use of a shotgun meant no room for error. I’d love for the behavior science people at the FBI to profile this.

Among the files:

I’d like to know how the review concluded. We will never know what USC chose to do with it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong