SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

The only thing that has been consistent is they were found by the dog kennels.

2. airportwoman

airportwoman Well-Known Member

This is probably one of those things that LE is keeping secret, because it could identify the killer(s).

Marg from Oz, Flicka1, Razz and 3 others like this.
  3. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

The statement from SLED was...

"The rumor referencing vehicles being unearthed on property owned by the Murdaughs is unfounded. SLED has inquired with local Lowcountry law enforcement and has found no credibility to the rumors currently circulating online."

So it says "unearthed on property owned by the Murdaughs". Makes one wonder if information on a vehicle once owned is what they found?

4. worm

worm Well-Known Member

This could be just online legend but I wonder if LE has acted on the info and checked for themselves for a car or just dismissing it and moving on? I don’t get leaving any stone unturned.

5. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

It is behind a paywall.
    Anyone have a subscription?

https://twitter.com/islandpacket/status/1427707994893131778?s=21

“Paul steadfastly maintained that he wasn’t driving when it crashed,” his lawyer said. Before Murdaugh died, attorneys planned to point out inconsistencies in the evidence.

Heres what PM defense lawyers planned to argue during boat crash trial.

6. worm

worm Well-Known Member

It looks more and more like Paul and his lawyers were going to (with the help of LE) drop the blame on somebody else. That could be a motive?

7. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

I can see why his friends were concerned with getting framed. That was apparent immediately at the hospital when Alex told them not to give info.

8. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

I think the current release of tapes and notes from the accident has revealed
    that police may not have acurately recorded what they heard. AM and the elder M's behavoir in the hospital also suggests skullduggerous moves by Dad and Grandpa to make sure no one reported anything against PM. IMO, PM was going to go down hard.

9. Cryptic

Cryptic Well-Known Member

That is interesting.

I wonder who was backing Massey's Bill, which would expand the number of lawsuit targets to include those not even named in the suit?

The family's lawsuit firm was evidently very instrumental in establishing a creative local procedural rule that allows suits originating from out of area or out of state to be filed in the firm's home county.

Thus, I would not be surprised if the family was inclined towards legislative creativity for future lawsuit targets via supporting or perhaps even indirectly sponsoring Massey's bill.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  10. LetsSolvIt

LetsSolvIt Well-Known Member

If you read this very literally, it seems not to deny “vehicles being unearthed,” but that other aspects of rumors have no credibility — rumors that cars connect to cases in the news, etc. The rumors are unfounded not that the cars are being unearthed? JMO.

Anyone else read it that way?

11. worm

worm Well-Known Member

To me it sounds like very little effort has went into actually looking into this, alleged rumor or not. They just inquired with local LE. As I said above, it could be just gossip but why not check?

12. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

Such a stinky case, all around, in my opinion.

13. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Because they might find something. Can't have that. JK. Why did that rumor get started? Why would they need to hide a vehicle that way?

14. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Maybe a kernel or two of truths in the rumors? What were they looking for right off the road in the swamp hours after the tip line was activated? What did they find, if anything? Once that tip line was up and running, I'm sure a few interesting things were brought to light, maybe the location/ownership of SS vehicle or weapon (bat?) being a couple? Something was uncovered and I don't think it was all just testimony because that was already on the record (Murdaugh name mentioned 40-ish times in LE's SS reports).

15. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

16. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

Apologies for linking to a fund raising site.

There was a lot of really good information under the
    Read More link attached to it

17. worm

worm Well-Known Member

With this little crusade that SLED has embarked on to squash rumors, they seem to be not understanding that there will be much more speculation, guessing, and even crazy conspiracies that will continue to float thru the community and of course online. Even this release about the rumors seems a bit empty without some progress being made on solving this mess. Is this going to be their objective now, a PR campaign against FB groups?

18. LetsSolvIt

LetsSolvIt Well-Known Member

When does a case officially become a cold case. I know it's still early days but just curious.

19. worm

worm Well-Known Member

Good question. I scratched a bit online and didn’t see a set period of time. Some articles I found just mentioned when info is lacking or no action taken. I wonder what the official criteria are myself. Whatever it is, this case seems well on the way to that status.

20. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Where there is smoke there usually is fire. I doubt it’s a vehicle but they said something was at the property that caused them to reopen the SS case.

Anyone recall blue paint that was mentioned upthread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.