SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it's almost impossible that anyone shot at AM while he was standing in front of the drivers side of the car, or near the car, unless there is damage to the car that is not able to be seen in the available photos/video, unless under the following scenario.

My best guess would be the perps truck passed AM's car going the opposite direction, turned around, and came back up upon him from the rear of his vehicle. This would permit shooters to fire weapons while coming up on the disabled car, hanging or firing out the passenger window(s), firing somewhat parallel to it, missing the car, allowing the ejection of the cartridges to fly to the right and land where they did. However, to not hit the car would be amazing, but I think possible.

As I've said earlier, I don't recall the spent cartridges as being definitively attributed to any one individual.

Any way one looks at this, in my opinion, unless there are spent cartridges at a greater distance than shown by the markers in media, whoever was shooting was driving extremely slow, stopped, or standing there.
In the pictures and video I saw it was apparent AM's vehicle had any holes in it. That amazes me also. If I was all of a sudden put upon by gunfire, I'd run behind that big ole SUV. It should have holes and shattered glass!

Pretty darn good marksman? A totally inept shooter? Maybe AM did have a holstered fiream and contributed to the shell casings by his vehicle?

@adammintzer

NEW: Statement from Alex Murdaugh after Saturday shooting. “The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret…”

“I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”
2:22 PM · Sep 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Very, very sad. Explains a lot.

@adammintzer

NEW: Statement from Alex Murdaugh after Saturday shooting. “The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret…”

“I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”
Alex Murdaugh enters rehab, resigns from law firm (wistv.com)

BBM - what does this even mean?

What is his addiction? Drugs? Alcohol? Sex? Gambling?

I'm guessing he was running in a very dark world and he's indebted to someone, they came for their pay day in June and he was reminded yesterday. Hopefully the truth is going to come out now. JMO

@adammintzer

Oh my God, I thought you were leaving a bit of that statement out because you ... it, but thats the full thing

The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.

I'm Gobsmackedo_O

Edit:
Alex Murdaugh to resign from law firm, enter rehab after weekend shooting

Last edited:
In the pictures and video I saw it was apparent AM's vehicle had any holes in it. That amazes me also. If I was all of a sudden put upon by gunfire, I'd run behind that big ole SUV. It should have holes and shattered glass!

Pretty darn good marksman? A totally inept shooter? Maybe AM did have a holstered fiream and contributed to the shell casings by his vehicle?

I've been sayin' it. Those spent cartridges, if they are indeed that, are grouped such that they were fired by someone standing there, or perhaps 10 feet or so to the rear of that vehicle. If they were from drive by shooters, well, I posted some factual data on that earlier this morning, a few pages back :)

@adammintzer

Whoa :eek::eek::eek:

Alex Murdaugh to resign from law firm, enter rehab after weekend shooting
HAMPTON COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - Alex Murdaugh has released his first statement since he was shot along a rural road in Hampton County over the weekend.

In that statement, released through his attorney, Dick Harpootlian, Murdaugh said he plans to resign from his law firm and enter rehab:

The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.

Neither Murdaugh nor Harpootlian has responded to questions about the statement.

I've been sayin' it. Those spent cartridges, if they are indeed that, are grouped such that they were fired by someone standing there, or perhaps 10 feet or so to the rear of that vehicle. If they were from drive by shooters, well, I posted some factual data on that earlier this morning, a few pages back :)
In light of what was just was released by AM, I'm thinking shots fired in the air. How AM recieved his superficial head wound is a BIG, HUGE question mark to me now.

We need more details, but I agree, this looks incredibly suspicious on its face.

It’s as if it’s inspired by Hollywood, as opposed to what generally occurs in real life. If you can get close enough to tamper with his vehicle, then you can get close enough to ambush him at that location.

So you’d have to do something that would impact his vehicle, and then get lucky enough for Alex to stop in a remote location, where he would basically be a sitting duck.

Then you’d have to be incredibly incompetent to screw the easy part up, which doesn’t jibe with the apparent overkill in the double murders.

Yes, it’s possible that this is an unrelated crime, but motiveless attacks like this are rare, and rarer still would that be to occur to someone whose family was just blown away.

I prefer a scenario where this was drawn up to take the heat off. If that’s the case, it has backfired in spectacular fashion.
My thoughts exactly. If you were being looked at as a possible POI, then if you were being shot at, it would look like you were being stalked at as well as your deceased family members were.

Wow, so off to rehab he goes to hide for a while.

He could very well need rehab, but somehow I don't think he's going to rehab to kick his habits, whatever they are.

Nothing to see here, move along.

All MOO

ebm clarity

Last edited:
BBM - what does this even mean?

What is his addiction? Drugs? Alcohol? Sex? Gambling?

I'm guessing he was running in a very dark world and he's indebted to someone, they came for their pay day in June and he was reminded yesterday. Hopefully the truth is going to come out now. JMO
A very real possibility. The bolded incorrect language is either incorrectly transmitted by the numerous media or released that way.

The statement from the SLED spokesman had my hackles up yesterday. But I couldn’t find the verbatim quote (it wasn’t posted in the SLED newsroom). Did anyone see the verbatim?

this was the report that made me curious about the actual wording of the statement (bbm):

Crosby says the Hampton County Dispatch received a call from Alex Murdaugh at 1:34 p.m. claiming he had been shot. SLED sent personnel to the scene at 2:41 p.m. and SLED’s Lowcountry agents arrived at 3:40 p.m. Crime agents arrived within an hour later, according to Crosby.

Authorities investigating after Alex Murdaugh was found shot in the head | WCBD News 2

Sitting here shaking my head. Seems like we're going to find out a lot more about the entire situation soon. Sure seems that AM is implying he wasn't shot at. In his statement he mentions the murders of his wife and son, but no mention of being attacked. Instead an 'apology statement'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288