SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This story in Island Packet might be interesting: “Murdaughs’ work for prosecutor’s office outlined as murder investigation continues,” but I cant access it to yell you.

They also had a story about documents show the black suburban the police impounded belonged to M law firm — could tell if there was new info there.

Same article, different site. This is very odd indeed. If Duffie Stone's office is state run then how in the heck can they not keep records of who worked what, when and for how much!? That's just craziness and I smell something foul in all these connections of the current solicitors office and the Murdaugh family, yet Stone won't recuse himself/his office from investigations.

"The full extent of the office’s involvement in the Murdaugh murder investigation is not known. Neither is the extent of the work done by the Murdaughs for Stone’s office. The office did not keep records of hours that Alex Murdaugh volunteered as a prosecutor, nor records of hours former Solicitor Randolph Murdaugh III contracted as a consultant and prosecutor.

They were not asked nor obligated to do so, Kidd [ Stone’s spokesman] said Wednesday in response to a records request."

Murdaughs’ work for prosecutor’s office outlined as murder investigation continues

Last edited:
Also in that article...SLED asked Stone for help the day after the murders...for legal advice and investigative support. Stone's spokesman seems awful confrontational in his reply about whether the state's AG has asked for him to recuse himself. I'd be easy just to say "No"...if the answer to that question was "No". AJMO

Murdaughs’ work for prosecutor’s office outlined as murder investigation continues

The Solicitor’s Office said the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division first contacted the office for help with the double homicide investigation during a phone call at 12:29 a.m. June 8...

The agency said it is offering legal advice and “investigative support” to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division investigating Paul and Maggie Murdaugh’s murder.

Asked whether the S.C. Attorney General’s Office had requested the Solicitor’s Office to step away from the murder investigation, Kidd responded that the S.C. Freedom of Information Act “does not oblige a public body to respond to open-ended interrogatories.” But he said the office has no documents showing any agency asked the solicitor’s office to recuse itself.

Welcome to our frustration. My short answer is that I’ve ruled out nothing or anybody. There just so many unanswered questions with this case with no communication from LE to the public.

Thanks for the welcome......

I have gone back to read various articles --many from Fits News. Does anyone have any specific recommendations of really informative articles or info that would be a good "catch up" of the many details....

Thanks for the welcome......

I have gone back to read various articles --many from Fits News. Does anyone have any specific recommendations of really informative articles or info that would be a good "catch up" of the many details....

The Island Packet has been pretty informative. You can read all the articles if you open them in an incognito window. And there is also the podcast that Mandy (from FitsNews) has, called Murdaugh Murders Podcast.

The People magazine article was interesting. Especially the comments attributed to the family's feelings ab out PM's behavior. Not sure I can say any specifics.
Do you mean these comments by an attorney and family friend?

"He [Paul] was charged with one felony count of boating under the influence causing death and two counts of boating under the influence causing injury. He pleaded not guilty and was awaiting trial when he was killed.

Paul and his family were well aware of the missteps he'd made in his young life.

"Paul made mistakes," says Sellers [Attorney and family friend]. "I don't think anybody would doubt that, but he was owning up to them, and living through it."

"Paul was a child," says Sellers. "Maggie had a huge heart and didn't deserve anything that happened to her."

Sellers notes, as some in the family have, that "there's been so much misinformation and disinformation" out there about the family since news of the murders broke.

"But right now they are grieving," says Sellers.

"And they deserve grace."

'Big Family, Old Money, New Drama': Inside the Powerful S.C. Family at Center of Murder Mystery

It’s frustrating how there always seems to be drips of info & something to discuss, but then it’s always about the boat crash. JMOO but I’m not at all interested in that boat crash, I feel like I get everything that happened there & why it might factor into the murders. There’s no mystery about it & press keeps covering it as if there is …. annoying.

anyway I keep posting how no theories of this double murder make sense to me & why don’t LE and/or the M family seem to be doing any visible investigation …

So if I had to place a bet, I’d go with (1) a hit on PM by his peers/other young guys. Just cannot see a pre-planned motive that would apply to both of them MOO. Not nec revenge for the boat crash - could be something else PM had got himself into, like EG (pure speculation) selling drugs from his dorm room that led to a dispute with organized criminal elements.

Or else (2) maybe robbery attempt gone wrong. Could be the details of this locally famous family’s property were well known - EG (speculation) if some nearby felon wanted a gun to assist in his criminal career, maybe he thought he’d go over to the M family hunting lodge & steal one.

the main reason I’d bet on (1) over (2) is the silence from the M family…. very hard to interpret this weirdness, but silence tends to carry a whiff of shame and/or guilt IMO. Maybe M fam has been beating themselves up over coddling PM, not forcing him into rehab etc, and thus allowing him to sink himself deeper & deeper into antisocial behavior that eventually took two beloved lives… and/or maybe PM was involved in shadier stuff than we know, & the silence from family is cuz publicizing his misdeeds will bring more shame - just more speculation/ IMO

Could fear of further public disgrace make the M family willing to let these murderers get away with it rather than face the shame?? IDK … hard to imagine, but then their family’s public role & image are also beyond what I can imagine so who knows MOO

It’s frustrating how there always seems to be drips of info & something to discuss, but then it’s always about the boat crash. JMOO but I’m not at all interested in that boat crash, I feel like I get everything that happened there & why it might factor into the murders. There’s no mystery about it & press keeps covering it as if there is …. annoying.

anyway I keep posting how no theories of this double murder make sense to me & why don’t LE and/or the M family seem to be doing any visible investigation …

So if I had to place a bet, I’d go with (1) a hit on PM by his peers/other young guys. Just cannot see a pre-planned motive that would apply to both of them MOO. Not nec revenge for the boat crash - could be something else PM had got himself into, like EG (pure speculation) selling drugs from his dorm room that led to a dispute with organized criminal elements.

Or else (2) maybe robbery attempt gone wrong. Could be the details of this locally famous family’s property were well known - EG (speculation) if some nearby felon wanted a gun to assist in his criminal career, maybe he thought he’d go over to the M family hunting lodge & steal one.

the main reason I’d bet on (1) over (2) is the silence from the M family…. very hard to interpret this weirdness, but silence tends to carry a whiff of shame and/or guilt IMO. Maybe M fam has been beating themselves up over coddling PM, not forcing him into rehab etc, and thus allowing him to sink himself deeper & deeper into antisocial behavior that eventually took two beloved lives… and/or maybe PM was involved in shadier stuff than we know, & the silence from family is cuz publicizing his misdeeds will bring more shame - just more speculation/ IMO

Could fear of further public disgrace make the M family willing to let these murderers get away with it rather than face the shame?? IDK … hard to imagine, but then their family’s public role & image are also beyond what I can imagine so who knows MOO
One of the things that bugs me the most is the timing and the location. The 2 were murdered between 9 and 9:30 pm and the bodies were in front of the kennels. AM makes it home around 10pm and enters the property near the kennels. Someone had to know when he'd be home. And maybe he was spared because he's too valuable to the law firm. Just seems like alot of coincidences and coincidences make me question everything and everybody.

One of the things that bugs me the most is the timing and the location. The 2 were murdered between 9 and 9:30 pm and the bodies were in front of the kennels. AM makes it home around 10pm and enters the property near the kennels. Someone had to know when he'd be home. And maybe he was spared because he's too valuable to the law firm. Just seems like alot of coincidences and coincidences make me question everything and everybody.

Not necessarily if the killer(s) were after PM. If AM had been there, he might have been murdered as well. IMO, the killer(s) took out PM/MM and got out of there as quickly as possible. They couldn't have known how long AM would have stayed at his mother's.

Opinion only

Do you mean these comments by an attorney and family friend?

"He [Paul] was charged with one felony count of boating under the influence causing death and two counts of boating under the influence causing injury. He pleaded not guilty and was awaiting trial when he was killed.

Paul and his family were well aware of the missteps he'd made in his young life.

"Paul made mistakes," says Sellers [Attorney and family friend]. "I don't think anybody would doubt that, but he was owning up to them, and living through it."

"Paul was a child," says Sellers. "Maggie had a huge heart and didn't deserve anything that happened to her."

Sellers notes, as some in the family have, that "there's been so much misinformation and disinformation" out there about the family since news of the murders broke.

"But right now they are grieving," says Sellers.

"And they deserve grace."

'Big Family, Old Money, New Drama': Inside the Powerful S.C. Family at Center of Murder Mystery
There is a comment about wanting him held accountable and going to jail. Seems like everytime I post something it gets removed for TOS and I can't figure out why.

I think "normal" people are more likely to take to the airwaves to plead for more attention and a break in the case. If you're a Murdaugh, you are already so close to the investigation, and must know all of the developments as they happen. So, nothing to complain about. Imo

Still nothing new on this??

just so odd … really seems like the kind of case that would be solved right away due to victims’ family’s wealth, power, & access to LE resources.

or at least appeals for help solving it would blanket the airwaves … I haven’t been following tho, maybe they are? Is there is a big push locally for public tips / help?

There is a comment about wanting him held accountable and going to jail. Seems like everytime I post something it gets removed for TOS and I can't figure out why.
Well there's the article's info that PM was pleading not guilty, then the lawyer-family friend saying he [PM] was owning up to his mistakes. To me, that's quite contradictory right there.

It’s easy to understand why the state doesn’t want any other investigative eyes on this case and not interested in federal help. Even the current solicitor is defensive about recusal from this.

There are so many angles in this case. The rumors and speculations are exploding.

Crazy situations go way back ... at least to RAM's grandfather!

There are so many Murdaughs.... 3 sons to the patriarch, and many offspring.

This site is very interesting--among many many other things--some of the factual details of the boating fiasco are seen.

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hampton/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx

moo, moo

Thanks for the "incognito window" lesson....
never knew that. guess I am not such a great sleuth!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member