SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a truck being the assailants mode of transport to fire these shots from?
Heavy duty truck comes to mind with the mention of truck.
Not a very good choice for a fast get away vehicle, not to mention being conspicuous.
This whole incident sems Almost too far fetched to be true.

'Truth' is the key word here.

Gut feel is this sounds targeted

Multiple shell casings seems like the intent was to kill… IMO
ETA: with it sounding like he will recover and multiple casings at the scene I change my thought to intimidate or scare

Hopefully they have a good description of the truck and enough evidence to find the perp and determine the intent behind this.

I wonder if he'll say he didn't have a chance to get a good look at them or the truck. Maybe he will have temporary memory loss from the head wound. Hope not.

Here is an abc new report

Alex Murdaugh 'conscious and talking' after gunshot injury in Hampton County

HAMPTON COUNTY, S.C. (WCIV) — Alex Murdaugh was shot in the head Saturday in Hampton County, according to his lawyer Jim Griffin.

Griffin said he found out through Alex's brother, Randy.

Alex was changing a tire when a car passed him. The vehicle turned around and someone in the car shot him, according to Griffin. Alex was airlifted to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.

He is conscious and speaking, Griffin said.

am i assuming or do i understand the articles correctly that AM didn't actually call 911 but was on the phone with his brother?
It sounds like he was on the phone with the brother.
Maybe he called the brother after calling 911.
Then brother called AM attorney.
Idk, not sure, but that's how I read it.
MO

Last edited:
The only way I can think of for a wound to the head to be non-life-threatening would be if it barely grazed the scalp.

If the bullet had impacted the skull it seems to me that there would be brain swelling from the trauma, which would be life-threatening.

From what I’ve known from a relative who had an accident, shots to the head can be tricky. In a certain spot the person could be fine but an inch either way could be bad. And as you say, superficial wounds.

Has anyone seen the car photo? Can’t post bc I viewed on SM. But IMO, it looks “off”, in several ways. I’m not saying I think that necessarily points to deception. We barely know anything yet. But I am fascinated by the fact that with this entire case, so few things line up with the norm (imo), rendering the things that do make sense, outliers. Of course the car does not quite match up with the description of what we are told happened.
moo
It feels wrong to doubt a guy who recently lost his son and wife in a brutal murder, and was just airlifted after being shot in the head. But… it’s a weird story, imo. And there’s a “weird story” theme that seems to be present in every chapter of this case. My empathy and my critical thinking skills continue to battle it out with this latest development.
amoo

And today? LE wouldn't have such terrible aim, would they?
I certainly have developing opinions as more info. comes in and as I read and consider the insight of other members here. At this point, I don’t think AM was shot by the person/ people who killed PM and MM. But I agree, if a LEO was actually aiming to shoot someone changing a tire, the overwhelming majority, depending on the conditions, would hit their target.

This just seems too “perfect.” As affluent as this family is, and with the recent brutal murders, it seems extremely odd to me first that he was even traveling alone. Let alone changing his own tire on the side of a rural road. Come on. JMO

That’s what I mentioned a few posts back about IF this happened as reported, somebody likely sabotaged the tire. I know I sound like a 70s crime drama with this. But it would seem he was set up to be on the side of the road. I’m really curious to what he tells LE, and what they tell us.

Somebody earlier mentioned, I thought appropriately, about there being a threat to the public with these shooters still out there. Good point.

Assuming he was at the Moselle Rd. home, and heading to Charleston, the route he was on was the long way of getting there. Must have had business in Yemassee, or somewhere along that longer, southern route.

A wee point to ponder. I once had the opportunity of being seated on a Grand Jury for a 2 year stint. One of the many cases we handled involved the murder of the girlfriend of a prominent drug dealer in a local city.

Anyway, the dealer, and his girlfriend, were in the front seat of a Chevy Tahoe, in an open type parking area, one of those long rows with cars parked side by side, with a carport type roof covering.

Anyway, x2, there were reported to be as many as 4 shooters, 200, yes, thats TWO HUNDRED casings were gathered up around the front of the Tahoe. The drug dealer, in the driver seat, was not hit by a single bullet, and his girlfriend, in the passenger seat, was killed by ONE SHOT. All the other shots were misses.

Has anyone seen the car photo? Can’t post bc I viewed on SM. But IMO, it looks “off”, in several ways. I’m not saying I think that necessarily points to deception. We barely know anything yet. But I am fascinated by the fact that with this entire case, so few things line up with the norm (imo), rendering the things that do make sense, outliers. Of course the car does not quite match up with the description of what we are told happened.
moo
It feels wrong to doubt a guy who recently lost his son and wife in a brutal murder, and was just airlifted after being shot in the head. But… it’s a weird story, imo. And there’s a “weird story” theme that seems to be present in every chapter of this case. My empathy and my critical thinking skills continue to battle it out with this latest development.
amoo

I saw it and saw a MSM reporter asking the person who posted it for permission to put it on their site, so hopefully we'll be able to discuss it too.

A flat tire? Most high end vehicles have those special run flat tires that will allow to drive approx 50 miles or more at a slow speed. Long enough to get to a gas station or a place for assistance.
The dash board will flash a warning that tire pressure is low.
Also no spare or jack in those cars with the run flat tires.
Possible that AM vehicle did not have this type tire. Or AM got a dash warning light and pulled over to check/ look at the tire.

A flat tire? Most high end vehicles have those special run flat tires that will allow to drive approx 50 miles or more at a slow speed. Long enough to get to a gas station or a place for assistance.
The dash board will flash a warning that tire pressure is low.
Also no spare or jack in those cars with the run flat tires.
Possible that AM vehicle did not have this type tire. Or AM got a dash warning light and pulled over to check/ look at the tire.
Perhaps. But, I feel like with the current situation, he would most certainly stay in his vehicle and call for help. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie