SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AM was targeted wouldn't the assailant have shot AM more than once to make sure he didn't survive ?

This doesn't feel to me like a hit related to June 6 murders.

The way this comes off to me is that someone drives by AM, recognizes him and impulsively thinks, “what an opportunity” on this rural road and he’s alone. Turns around and pops him with no intent except self-satisfaction.

JOO — my crazy imagination.

Wow, oh wow! One family cannot have this much happen to them without their creating a problem. There is a lot of anger towards the Murdaughs.
Well, maybe. But would this make it seem like there are 2 men out there shooting at AM who may also have shot and killed PM and MM? Maybe to create a little doubt on who really murdered PM and MM? And Randy doing the spinaroo thing again? Geez.

Then obviously not self inflicted.
Yup. If this was staged, other people were involved.

If connected, which I absolutely believe to be the case, it’s very likely to bring this all to a head.

Law enforcement appeared to be closing in on those responsible (DA stepping aside), but something this brazen is bound to help their efforts.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised to see an arrest in this, before we see an arrest for the double murders.

In any event, I think it’s going to be a very interesting week or two.

Yup. If this was staged, other people were involved.

If connected, which I absolutely believe to be the case, it’s very likely to bring this all to a head.

Law enforcement appeared to be closing in on those responsible (DA stepping aside), but something this brazen is bound to help their efforts.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised to see an arrest in this, before we see an arrest for the double murders.

In any event, I think it’s going to be a very interesting week or two.

Yea, this will bring the heat. I hope they will update by 11, it’s been an hour since the last.

I'm still trying to catch up. But he either was hit in the head or it was a glancing blow.

"Gunshot wounds to the head are more difficult to predict. Think of the skull as a closed box that cradles the brain. There isn't a lot of room for movement fo the brain or swelling in the skull. If a bullet enters the head and bounces around, the permanent cavity (bullet track) may be large, but the damage from the temporary cavity that forms is even worse. There is no room for the brain to move and the shock waves often cause irreversible damage. For some lucky people, if the bullet velocity is high and there is no side to side movement (wobble) and it passes through non-critical parts of the brain, less damage occurs and survival is possible."

https://www.medicinenet.com/surviving_a_gunshot_wound_to_the_head/views.htm

A flat tire? Most high end vehicles have those special run flat tires that will allow to drive approx 50 miles or more at a slow speed. Long enough to get to a gas station or a place for assistance.
The dash board will flash a warning that tire pressure is low.
Also no spare or jack in those cars with the run flat tires.
Possible that AM vehicle did not have this type tire. Or AM got a dash warning light and pulled over to check/ look at the tire.

He may have gotten out to look at the tire but I see him calling roadside/Onstar to handle it as opposed to changing it himself. He had business attire hanging in the back seat. With the connections he has it would seem he could get someone dispatched fairly quickly.

From the article:

Griffin said the shots were fired from a truck that had passed Murdaugh on the road and circled back as he was working on his vehicle.

Alex Murdaugh called his brother, Randy, to report shooting around 2:15 p.m., Griffith said. Alex Murdaugh was airlifted to the Medical University of South Carolina hospital, where he is being treated.

Randy Murdaugh has not been able to enter the hospital due to COVID-19 restrictions, Griffith said, but Alex Murdaugh has been able to communicate with him by phone, “which is obviously an encouraging sign.”

So did he call his brother and not 911?
He calls his brother?? Not 911??
Ok this is weird.

Holy Cow!

Has to be related to wife & sons murders, right?

given how rural and relatively small area both the PM and MM's murders and AM's shooting occurred in, combined with how well known the family is, i highly doubt the two are unrelated. It's possible, but lightning isn't very likely to strike twice. Maybe some vigilante justice going on....

Long-time reader, made an account a while ago, finally going to say something: Per the Island Packet article recently posted, law enforcement is only confirming that someone was shot. Without corroborating evidence in addition to quoted info (especially info that’s getting relayed between multiple people - e.g., from AM to his brother to the lawyer), I’m skeptical of taking anything as a proven fact. Just my opinion, but I’m very interested to see what evidence surfaces.

Long-time reader, made an account a while ago, finally going to say something: Per the Island Packet article recently posted, law enforcement is only confirming that someone was shot. Without corroborating evidence in addition to quoted info (especially info that’s getting relayed between multiple people - e.g., from AM to his brother to the lawyer), I’m skeptical of taking anything as a proven fact. Just my opinion, but I’m very interested to see what evidence surfaces.

There was video of a news reporter on the Facebook page of one of the major tv stations. He was at the shooting site and did state that he counted about 10 bellet casings there. That's the only first person report from the news media so far. The rest we'll have to wait for verification.

This is so bizarre. Likely not self inflicted with 10 shells and no gun. Also not likely to be staged with a head shot, too little room for error (death). Random? Highly unlikely. But maybe, and I would expect a robbery to be the motive, and not mention of that from the lawyer.

It has to be targeted. That would mean someone had to do something to the tire to know it would puncture/deflate in route in a desolate area. If you did it beforehand, you would have to assume Alex would ignore the low tire pressure warning at startup. I don’t know if he would, especially if the car gives a PSI reading.

I can’t wrap my head around this one. Even if it was a movie, it would be so unbelievable.

I wonder if A.M.'s vehicle was equipped with a Dash Cam. If so, it would have captured the truck passing and then returning to shoot.

Dash Cams still record in Parked mode when the car is turned off (If Parked Mode is set to stay on)

Just a possibility. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members