SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, his Mercedes Benz is seen thru the weeds. I noticed his front left tire is clearly on the road and angled toward the left. Does this indicate he stopped on the road, then backed off the road at a slight angle? Thereby, placing the flat tire off the road but not the left front tire. Regardless, it's a weird way to park a disabled Mercedes Benz by leaving the lt front area partially on the road unnecessarily by at least 8 - 12".
Didn't that part of SC recently receive some heavy rains from a hurricane? I have never been to the Lowcountry of SC but to me it indicates it is below sea level or swamp area? I know there are some people on here from that area so maybe they can answer my questions. But if such heavy rains did occur recently, pulling off the road or backing into a ditch could get you mired in mud up to your axles. I would have pulled into the church parking lot or if I had passed it made a U turn and went back to it rather than risking changing a tire on an unlevel and maybe rain softened ground.

JMO

Well, I hope there is some news soon. It leaves questions hanging whether Alex was shot, are there dangerous people at large in the community, etc.

I hope they get this figured out, if nothing else for the safety of those who live in the area. They have enough problems these days, with the pandemic and many people becoming sick and hospitalized.

I understand its a very friendly area and I'm sure the locals are becoming alarmed with all these tragic incidents in their quiet community.

Thank you Betty for always thinking of others.
I'm sure locals would love to understand what is happening and what the risks are to them.

I don't think there's anything to figure out regarding the shooting near the vehicle. The statement apologizing for causing pain to those around him, goals to rebuild relationships, and suffering from the loss of wife and son suggest to me that he is not doing well and needs a rest from life.

It is a little surprising that he is resigning from the law firm, and not 'stepping away' or 'taking a leave of absence' while seeking treatment at least IMO. The death of one's parent and murder of wife & son are certainly enough to change the entire trajectory of one's life, for sure, and I can see those life altering losses, as well as addiction or mental health causing one to need extended time off, but the resignation is just very interesting.

For all the smiles and happy family pictures, a man is broken and it’s very, very sad. Each life is precious and not to be wasted. JMO.

I am going to speak hypothetically now—

Addiction IS a disease that controls everything in one’s life before it’s confronted, and that can mean associations with a “dark world” as someone stated, possibly activities that would bring shame to one’s family and business colleagues, and the potential for convictions — because you will do anything for the next fix and meet the wrong people.

If someone were to get in over their head — say debt or getting blackmailed — loved ones could get hurt or die. It’s possible that someone could even loose their law license (at minimum, loose their reputation) after potential illegal associations and addiction are made public.

If I were an addict in this situation, thinking I had caused my loved ones to get killed and potentially brought illegal, unethical, and/or shameful activities into the world of my extended family and business colleagues, I might try to hurt myself crying for help or to escape the pain. The active addict’s world is insanity. And if it brings you into illicit relationships it’s only worse — a living hell.

Only my opinion. Not directed at any one person.

Last edited:
NYT

Alex Murdaugh, a member of a powerful legal dynasty in South Carolina, was accused by his firm of misusing funds. A day later, Mr. Murdaugh reported that he had been shot on a rural road.

The law office did not say how much money was missing, but a member of the firm, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose company information, said the amount was in the millions.

Lawyer Shot After Wife and Son Were Killed Had Been Pushed Out of Law Firm

I don't think there's anything to figure out regarding the shooting near the vehicle. The statement apologizing for causing pain to those around him, goals to rebuild relationships, and suffering from the loss of wife and son suggest to me that he is not doing well and needs a rest from life.

....or that the PR people have released the next in a series of "clean-up" posts.

NYT

Alex Murdaugh, a member of a powerful legal dynasty in South Carolina, was accused by his firm of misusing funds. A day later, Mr. Murdaugh reported that he had been shot on a rural road.

The law office did not say how much money was missing, but a member of the firm, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose company information, said the amount was in the millions.

This is stunning, and completely solidifies this entire thing for me.

Isn't that a bit different though as it says 90 days after a tipster is notified they got an award.

The Murdaugh time frame is for the actually information coming in by that date. After that date if you tip info that leads to an arrest and conviction there is no reward being offered.

I think you are right about the CrimeStoppers deadline.
I stand corrected on this.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Last edited:
NYT

AAWWWWW, SNAP! The tangled web begins to unravel...

NYT

This gets more bizarre.

I've followed this case loosely and so far I can't tell you how many times I have said to myself, "Huh". But after tonight's news and a little rehab, I'll drop back in between 2 weeks and 3 months. HIPPA rules can be nasty like that.:rolleyes:

Mr. Murdaugh’s lawyer, Jim Griffin, confirmed that Mr. Murdaugh had left the firm after being accused of misusing funds. Mr. Griffin said Mr. Murdaugh had been released from the hospital on Monday after his injury was determined to be not life-threatening and that he had immediately met with investigators from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, which is investigating the double-killing and the shooting of Mr. Murdaugh.

BBM - what does this even mean?

What is his addiction? Drugs? Alcohol? Sex? Gambling?

I'm guessing he was running in a very dark world and he's indebted to someone, they came for their pay day in June and he was reminded yesterday. Hopefully the truth is going to come out now. JMO

BBM...so just hypothetically if that were the case, do you believe PM's murder (and MM's by proxy) to be unrelated to the boating death of MB? The media always talks about them together so i've always just been thinking PM's murder was tied to his court case/Mallory's death and MM was a witness to be rid of. But of course that could not be the case at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh