SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetsSolvIt

LetsSolvIt Well-Known Member

Someone up thread speculated on a very interesting theory that (if my memory serves me correctly) if someone's phone was part of a "find family & friends" app, throwing it out on the road where it was no longer moving could be a signal to someone that the deed was done.

The other popular idea is that it was taken from her so she couldn't call for help, and then tossed as the culprits made a getaway.

2. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

I heard of another case, where a guy set up his neighbor to shoot his parents and sister. The neighbor as pre-planned intentionally grazed him on the shoulder. I am struggling as to why they Med flighted a superficial wound.

3. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

While I'm not at all discounting the possibility of Alex being involved in Paul and Maggie's murders I doubt the difference between a phone being in someone's pocket while they're being shot vs laying 100 yards away at the foot of the driveway would make enough of a difference in a tracking app to be a very reliable signal.

4. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

But AM would have been long gone from the site of the incident. I'm not sure I would go to the scene right away, just to speak to LE. They have phones. They know who to call. They have contacts.
    I think they wanted to show that they were taking action and were suspicious of whether the event was actually an attack.....or something else. They were in 'save our business' emergency mode.

ETA: typo

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  5. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

IMO this has absolutely nothing to do with opioid addiction. Narrative only, dicated by Griffin (the lawyer) and RM.

JMO but this is a whole lot simpler than these threads are reading...i'll get all the links and quote sources. apples to oranges but this reminds me so much of the mcstay murders. AM isn't that bright. Leaning towards RM, the brotherly leader of the patriarch, having the middle brother fall on the PMPED sword. AM couldn't pull this off himself. No way. That's not to say he is or isn't implicit/guilty/innocent of murder. Simply no concrete evidence to support any theory. But in my amateur experience with these cases, they will never be solved because of inclusionary culture in law enforcement...

6. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

But he has lost significant weight in recent years. Most of the pictures are from two or more years ago.

Colorado303, DeDee, elliefant and 8 others like this.
  7. otto

otto Verified Expert

Perhaps he transferred the matrimonial property to his wife in Dec 2016, and then began embezzling. Perhaps she didn't suspect embezzlement until she requested the audit. Does anyone know when the audit was requested?

The only remaining recipient of the property via the Will is Butch, but if he is named/joined in the boat accident wrongful death suit (such as providing ID to enable drunkenness), then they've lost everything.

Randy Murdaugh IV, will he remain with the law firm?

upload_2021-9-8_18-52-52.png

(PMPED website)

DeDee, noche_de_luna, Flicka1 and 7 others like this.
  8. worm

worm Well-Known Member

My problem with the very theory I put forth about the phone being taken from her is just how brutal this is. A shotgun and high powered rifle was used, that suggests that this was quick and very personal. I’m thinking there wasn’t much said.

9. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

ITA

10. LetsSolvIt

Interesting this is only 176 acres not the entire 1770 +/- they always state as the size of Moselle.

Colorado303, DeDee, Flicka1 and 6 others like this.
  11. LetsSolvIt

As I recall, I think they found the phone down the road a bit.

12. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

IMO *if* the “drive by shooting” comes out to be self inflicted/caused, there’s no way he pulled the trigger on his son and wife. A cold blooded killer isn’t (likely) going to sloppily botch a suicide attempt. I’m leaning towards him being the fall guy who just happens to be messy with embezzlement and a side of opioid addiction. I think he knows who killed his family and with his dad gone, “they” are hanging him out to dry. Allegedly- IMO (opinions likely to change when the next twist presents itself)

13. SoBu

SoBu Well-Known Member

Good point, and addiction or no addiction, since he electively went to rehab, can he leave at any time? I’m just worried about his potential actions once he’s out.

14. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

@lstiff, i totally agree. with the exception of the drug addiction. Alcoholic? Heck yes, he has all the trademarks; bloating & redness in the face, etc...No judgement.

My problem is the shell corporations masked in real estate. "Milton Murdaugh Farm" etc, that property specifically yielding 50K a year in cattle profits. Perhaps MM was the mastermind. maybe RM the deceased, or RM the elder son had a hand in this. The former lived in a pretty modest home, nothing like the acreage that AM had on the books. IMO what we are all attributing to "wealth" isn't necessarily such a moniker. In my neck of the woods, a 17 foot center console isn't at all a measure of prosperity, rather a "poor man's boat"...

15. legalmomma

legalmomma Well-Known Member

16. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Rehab was the quickest way to save face. That’s why I believe Saturday was staged. The prelude attempting suicide because he’s having such a difficult time ‘since the murders’ and ‘exacerbating the problems that were already there’. So now the good ole boy stance ‘I’m admitting I have a problem, I’m checking into rehab and resigning’.

That was nothing more than a packaged response to blur the facts. In reality he was forced out because he was found out. He didn’t say anything about the actions causing the fall out, other than he was sorry for affecting relationships.

While it’s not unusual to orchestrate a damage control statement his is pure BS. He’s lying, he thinks he can script his own fall from grace.

misgrn, momsof3, Colorado303 and 24 others like this.
  17. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

From what I’ve come across the details from the housekeepers accident are missing from the legal documents. I need to find the link.

18. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

It will be the one that fits their story best. They are buying time while crafting a story so we don’t know yet which it will be.

19. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

Wasn't the 17 ft center console the smaller of the Murdaugh's two boats?

And, I don't know if there is any relation, but I think the Milton Murdaugh farm (now Murdaugh Farm, run by the late Milton's son) is another family entirely.

20. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Since we have 2 different stories on the wound, one being significant and the other a surface wound, nothing is too far fetched. There was no visible blood at the scene and he was able to make a few calls while he was waiting for EMS, his attorney or both to show up.

There is no info on the car-truck (that he SAW pass by and then turn around) as far as color, model, etc. No BOLO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.