SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Has the revised report been posted here yet?

2. YouWho

YouWho Active Member

Sounds like if 'Griffin said' .. don't necessarily believe it. If the police report said no visible injuries, how could there be blood in his car? It's all spin!

I feel a sense of anger that he was airlifted when there was no visible injury, what with hospitals full of Covid patients and regular folk not nearly as cared for.

tezi, Marg from Oz, 303gmf and 12 others like this.
  3. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Jmo

Thank the media for redefining the term.

tezi, Marg from Oz and Flicka1 like this.
  4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

This “no visible injury,” was the result of a mistake in the report made by a responding deputy. All indications are that there was a head wound, although it likely was not as severe as his lawyer is pushing.

5. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

This is an interesting article regarding how someone could embezzle funds from a law firm as well as some background re the Murdaugh firm.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254046963.html

tezi, Marg from Oz, elliefant and 6 others like this.
  6. airportwoman

airportwoman Well-Known Member

In an earlier thread, someone posted the website of the local Congressman, urging people to contact him to bring in the FBI, and this was long before Alex's shooting. Because it does not allow e-mails from people who have a zip code outside the district, I sent him a postcard.

7. YouWho

YouWho Active Member

Is he trying to plant reasonable doubt to a potential jury?

tezi, Marg from Oz, chaz and 7 others like this.
  8. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

I will surely refrain from public debate on the topic, though the following is a good read for anyone unfamiliar with the differences between assault rifles, assault weapons, semi automatic rifles/handguns, etc. It really does give a good analysis of the topic. It also cites numerous sources, including the United States Defense Department's Defense Intelligence Agency book Small Arms Identification and Operation Guide, among many others.

Rational Basis Analysis of "Assault Weapon" Prohibition

9. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

So Griffin says that SLED told him and AM that they are testing AM’s blood in the car from when AM went back in the car to get his phone to call 911.

Apparently Griffin mentioned this to prove there was a visible wound. But he inadvertently answered a question many of us were thinking: was AM’s blood in the car?

My follow up questions are:
    1) what are they testing his blood for?
    2) are they checking to see if he may have drove the vehicle elsewhere to ditch the gun before parking it there?
    3) are they checking to see if there is a blood drip consistent with leaning in to get his phone versus sitting while driving versus self inflicted gun shot?

Moo

ETA I also find it notable that the man who was very seriously shot in the head leaned in to the car to get his phone but perhaps didn’t call 911 til in the car with good Samaritans? Is that right? Surely if the Samaritans were there they would have grabbed his phone for him? Moo

10. noche_de_luna

noche_de_luna Member

The changing story means his lawyers are making it congruent to the additional evidence being reported.

E.g. When it comes out that the tire simply could not be changed, the lawyers expanded Alex’s conversation with the shooter. Now we hear that he questioned whether he could do so. Agnst his interest to do so b/c the more interaction he had the more questions he faced.

The good samaritans, the nearby ambulance and chopper appear to be an effort to avoid the police. Note he doesn’t call the cops until he has left the scene.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  11. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

I haven't been following this case on WS until today, but I had the same question you did - what caused LE to reopen an investigation into SS's death? It was from a statement made by one of the other males that was on the boat when MB was killed.

tezi, Marg from Oz, elliefant and 5 others like this.
  12. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

Robbing a bank has a much higher penalty than white collar embezzlement.

13. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to learn a team of defense lawyers went over the crime scene before LE arrived.
    jmo

14. MerryB

MerryB Well-Known Member

Yes.

Watts Bar, tezi, Marg from Oz and 8 others like this.
  15. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

stattlic, If I were to stand on the side of the road facing the woods and shot a 9mm handgun into those woods, approximately how far could it go if it didn't hit anything solid like a tree trunk?

Would distances change greatly with lighter or heavier caliber?

16. skyedaze

skyedaze Well-Known Member

Trust me I know about the brain bleed and not noticing g...lol If you only knew.:rolleyes:
    So is the report true? Or we still don't know what happened for sure yet?

Noki45, tezi, Marg from Oz and 3 others like this.
  17. Missing Susan

Missing Susan Active Member

If it was obvious to LE that either PM or MM killed the other but that it wasn't obvious who killed the second victim, would we have heard any more info than what has been provided with so far?

Were full necropsy/toxicology reports issued? Was "Timmy" killed or was it PM?

18. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

You might be right about Griffin, but the other attorney for AM is Dick Harpootlian. He is a high-powered lawyer and now SC Senator. I have no doubt Harpootlian is in charge.

19. Wenifred

Wenifred Well-Known Member

In reference to the questions regarding why AM was airlifted to Savannah:
    Savannah is the closest level one Trauma center to where he was located. The different levels of trauma centers are described here
    https://www.amtrauma.org/page/traumalevels
    In addition, I’ve posted a picture where I’ve highlight what seems to be the most pertinent information in my opinion 6213FEFE-80C5-4AF3-92FC-C6BF14B6CF9C.jpeg

misgrn, razzledazzle, tezi and 12 others like this.
  20. Wenifred

Wenifred Well-Known Member

Furthermore, did he actually go home?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.