SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
DailyMailTV on Fox tonight is including an update on the latest with AM. It started a few minutes ago, but hasn’t gotten to the Murdaugh case yet.

This was the focus:
Alex Murdaugh was refused payout on $6m policy indemnifying him in boating death death lawsuit | Daily Mail Online

Disgraced South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh faces further financial ruin after his claim on his $6million indemnification policy over the wrongful death lawsuit resulting from the fatal boating accident involving his deceased son was rejected by his insurance company, DailyMail.com can reveal.

According to court documents reviewed by DailyMail.com, insurance company Philadelphia Indemnity denied Murdaugh's claim following the accident that resulted in the death of 19-year-old Mallory Beach.

(Thank you, @Tiff23fr !)

Here is an excellent article about the numerous "red flags." I can't quote them all, so I'll say I highly recommend reading the article if you can.

Murdaugh Murders: Conflicting Reports Emerge From Shooting ‘Crime Scene’

"Officials with the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) — the agency leading the investigation into the suspicious shooting — told me they stood by their report that Murdaugh suffered “a superficial gunshot wound to the head.”

Further fueling speculation, the sheriff’s office report said Alex Murdaugh “was being flown out from a landing zone on Charleston Highway” to receive treatment for his injuries while deputies were still en route to the scene.

It seems highly unusual a helicopter would have been able to make it to the scene before deputies from the local sheriff’s office — which is located less than fifteen minutes away from where the shooting took place on Old Salkehatchie Road (near Varnville, S.C.)"

Last edited:
This was the focus:
Alex Murdaugh was refused payout on $6m policy indemnifying him in boating death death lawsuit | Daily Mail Online

Disgraced South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh faces further financial ruin after his claim on his $6million indemnification policy over the wrongful death lawsuit resulting from the fatal boating accident involving his deceased son was rejected by his insurance company, DailyMail.com can reveal.

According to court documents reviewed by DailyMail.com, insurance company Philadelphia Indemnity denied Murdaugh's claim following the accident that resulted in the death of 19-year-old Mallory Beach.
The Philadelphia Indemnity denial of coverage/lawsuit started back in the fall of 2019. It's not recent.

It seems like at least one person at the law firm refused to look the other way. There must have been a lot of drama there recently. Had the law firm not pressed the issue we would probably be back where we were in July and early August -- no movement; no information. JMO.

Initial reports stated that AM told authorities that he’d been out shooting when he came home and found his wife and son deceased. SLED has neither confirmed or denied this, as well as the “ironclad alibi” stated about him taking his father to the hospital that day. I smell a very large rat.
I know nothing about guns, but can someone confirm that it’s nearly impossible to commit suicide with a shotgun like the one PM was shot with? Could it have been a family argument amongst the three of them and two of them had guns? There must be a logical scenario since law enforcement quickly stated there was no threat to the public and there were no public searches for perpetrators. Could AM have possibly claimed self defense and still attended the funerals?

Son from powerful family 'was target of shooting at family's hunting lodge that also killed his mom' | Daily Mail Online

Initial reports stated that AM told authorities that he’d been out shooting when he came home and found his wife and son deceased. SLED has neither confirmed or denied this, as well as the “ironclad alibi” stated about him taking his father to the hospital that day. I smell a very large rat.
I know nothing about guns, but can someone confirm that it’s nearly impossible to commit suicide with a shotgun like the one PM was shot with? Could it have been a family argument amongst the three of them and two of them had guns? There must be a logical scenario since law enforcement quickly stated there was no threat to the public and there were no public searches for perpetrators. Could AM have possibly claimed self defense and still attended the funerals?

Son from powerful family 'was target of shooting at family's hunting lodge that also killed his mom' | Daily Mail Online
There was discussion upthread that the "out shooting" Daily Mail report was a mistake, and that PM was just purportedly out (ie away from the home) when the shooting happened. JMO.

Thank you!!! I KNEW that I remembered it being reported in the very beginning that AM had been out hunting, when he returned to find them dead. I have tried looking for an old article stating that but couldn’t find one.

Suicide by shotgun can and does happen unfortunately.

Thank you!!! I KNEW that I remembered it being reported in the very beginning that AM had been out hunting, when he returned to find them dead. I have tried looking for an old article stating that but couldn’t find one.

Does anyone else find it interesting that AM said the shooters were in a “blue truck”?

The paint chips found on SS were from “Blue automotive paint from a Toyota.”

I think he set up his phony baloney roadside bullet graze to try to sell the story that the same people were after him that were the people who killed SS.

That would exonerate Buster from the SS murder, and create new suspects for the double homicide.

Right now I don't trust ONE, SINGLE, THING that is coming out of anyone's mouth down here ( I'm local). I don't trust the Murdaughs. I certainly don't trust law enforcement. I don't trust the lawyers. I don't trust the judges. I don't trust the city, county or state. And I especially don't trust the media at this point because they are being fed lies if anything at all. I definitely don't trust Fitsnews. Look them up and I'll leave it at that. Hell, I don't even trust the evidence. What little of it there is.

This is Good Old Boy Southern Charm at it's finest. The Good Old Boy Network spans generations and bloodlines. It's exclusive, expensive and powerful. When something upsets The Network the wagons are circled so to speak and things get handled internally. That's why we haven't heard a whole lot about this case. Time is needed to get things in order and find a solution to ensure that The Network can continue to operate the way it has for hundreds of years. Then and only then will the "story" come out....maybe. We may never know the truth unfortunately. Of course this is just my opinion.

There are 5 violent deaths and a drive by shooting associated around the Murdaugh family right now. There are millions of dollars missing from a high-powered law firm that AM admittedly stole. There is drug addiction. There's questions....so many, many questions.

Something stinks in the Low Country and it's not because the tide is low.

**** The PMPED Law Firm website is " Temporarily Unavailable" right now. 10:01pm 9/9/21

Hi, all! I'm new here & got sucked into the Murdaugh case when I read about the shocking murders in June. Recently, I found this site due to a mention on Twitter. And now I've been reading the most recent threads about all this & am appreciating all your posts.

Derph, I totally agree.

My various thoughts....

One: After the murders in June, other than the mention of reopening the SS case, mostly we have had radar silence from various LE groups. Reading about the contentious findings in the SS case makes it clear that there were questionable things going on & there were definitely folks in the LE channels who were ok with getting the case closed even with suspicious findings (hit & run that doesn't look like a hit & run). Then there was the boating accident & the many steps that were circumvented (for example, PM never having a "real" mugshot as just one of so many examples) over & over again. Again, it makes me think there are more than a few complicit folks on the inside channels of various LE offices. Moo.

Imo, the various compromised folks throughout these offices are having an "oh, no" moment. Years & years of questionable actions. The Murdaugh murders (& now subsequent events) are shining a big light on places they don't want things seen. I am concerned that months of silence on the part of LE is not so much that they are busy investigating but rather spending all this time getting their own ducks in a row, basically a big CYA in process (moo). There will be a reckoning (I hope) but I do wonder if they are trying to ditch the skeletons (as many as possible, at least) in the closet prior to that reckoning. This is really why I wish there was an outside LE group (FBI? other group?) overseeing. I think local & state level LE possibly have too many compromised people who would have a vested interest in protecting themselves. If so, investigating what is going on with the Murdaugh cases may be secondary.

Two: The roadside AM situation last Saturday. Mentions have been made of a couple of lawyers from AM's firm going to the actual site of the incident & talking with LE (to let them know about AM's forced resignation over the missing money). While it seems really weird, I wonder if it may have to do with wanting to speak to LE in an "off the books" way? No phone calls or emails to have records of & they can provide info in person; they can gauge response in person & see/know who they are speaking with (especially if they know some LE are predisposed to helping the Murdaughs vs. ones who are not playing in that system). A "tread carefully if preparing to say anything against the local powerhouse family" situation, perhaps? They may have also been genuinely concerned it was a potential suicide attempt &/or an attempt to flee & wanted to make sure LE would handle the situation with the bombshell info in mind. Moo.

Three: The Good Samaritans who moved AM from the scene last Saturday. (I read about that here. Was that verified? There are so many updates/changes, it is hard to keep up.) It seems strange, but if you saw someone who was indeed shot/bleeding & offered help, but didn't know if the shooter might return, I think it would be wiser to move elsewhere while waiting on LE or an ambulance. Otherwise they would have been sitting ducks if it was indeed someone targeting AM.

Four: I hope BM is getting some support. His life has been upended in many shocking ways & it seems like there will still be many revelations to come. I really feel for MM's family too. This must be a horrifying nightmare for them. I also hope the dogs have been moved/are being taken care of.

When I began following this case, when MM and PM were found murdered and I read about the boating accident, and the "old money" family, well connected and powerful, I pictured the old tv show DALLAS. I enjoyed that show. Then as the weeks went on and more and things began to unravel, I was intrigued. I could just see all this unfolding on a season of DALLAS, with JR and his cohorts. Well as of today, if all this $*@+ had happened on Dallas, I would have changed the channel because it would be too unbelievable, even for Hollywood! What in hell is going on on SC???

All I could think about the whole time is Chappaquiddick!

But now the bodies have piled up to six, and it’s more like an episode of Breaking Bad!

(I say six, because I don’t exclude grandpa from the list of deaths. Dying three days after the double homicide seems a little too convenient to me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member