SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to give credit to @legalmomma who called this back in June.

On June 11th she wrote:
If I were an attorney at AM’s law firm I would be ordering an immediate audit of the firm’s financial records.

SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

Spot on.

As an aside: In almost every place I ever worked, someone was caught embezzling. It is a very common problem.

When I was a kid, my friend’s dad was imprisoned for stealing from his clients at his law firm. He intended to just take some short term and pay it back, but kept getting deeper in the hole. He was in gamblers anonymous after he got out of prison.
Moo

On June 11th she wrote:
If I were an attorney at AM’s law firm I would be ordering an immediate audit of the firm’s financial records.

SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

Spot on.

As an aside: In almost every place I ever worked, someone was caught embezzling. It is a very common problem.

When I was a kid, my friend’s dad was imprisoned for stealing from his clients at his law firm. He intended to just take some short term and pay it back, but kept getting deeper in the hole. He was in gamblers anonymous after he got out of prison.
Moo
Yeah, google is full of this stuff, one could create a never ending thread on embezzlements over a million.

Thanks Otto, I did see that but the OP said internet archive and when I checked Wayback, there was only one day archived which was yesterday. This seemed strange to me, but I was tired and didn't investigate further.

This morning, I checked Wayback again and noticed the PMPED web address is strange and ends with ".com/index.php". So I decided to check Wayback by removing the "index.php" part and voilà, there it was. Here is the Wayback link for anyone who wants to reference it:

Wayback Machine

Out of curiosity, anyone think there’s a possibility Maggie M found out about the millions misappropriated from the law firm?

A lowcountry local stated as much as $10 million is thought to be missing. Sounds like that amount wouldn’t go undiscovered for long, unless he had someone in the firm covering for him, thinking he’d get it paid back. My thoughts are going in some dark areas! Only Speculation!
EBM changed from “embezzlement” to misappropriated

Last edited:
I had assumed that he was the victim of someone related to earlier family events - until this evening. Now, the question of contract shooter is a new consideration for me, especially given his newly announced oxycodone crutch.

Regarding the 911 call, he sounds frantic, so I wonder why he is frantic.

He is asked whether he is worried about culprits in the area. He is not. Why not? Why isn't he scared out of his wits driving to the neighbours home requesting to come in to call police. Not that much time passed between the shootings and the body discovery. The bodies would have been warm.

He asks twice whether emergency services is on the way. He seems desperate for help to arrive. Why? His wife and son are deceased. Ambulances won't make a difference, and he's not worried about shooters. He felt safe alone at night on a rural property where his family was just shot.

So, why is he frantic on the phone? Does he think that people who discover bodies are instantly frantic? Is Alex the lawyer frantic when confronted with the unexpected?

I don't think it's unusual to be frantic and wanting emergency services in such a situation.

I imagine a person would be extremely frantic and out of their mind, so yes they'd probably want ambulances there asap even though they perhaps thought they may have found the victims to be deceased.

A person wouldn't be thinking clearly. I could see their only focus would be, "Somebody please help."

If the kennel is right next to the house, and the bodies were left in plain sight between the house and the kennel, that seems bold.

That means that there was no attempt to delay discovery of the bodies, or to buy time for the shooter to getaway? If there's one thing I've come to expect after reading about murders like this, it is that murderers usually factor in maximizing getaway time - where possible.

Since his wife and son were marched out of the house to a location where they were shot, why next to the driveway? Why not some distance away in the trees? Why not delay the discovery of the bodies? Why wasn't Alex concerned that the shooter was still in the house?

Mom and son were marched out of the house to where they were shot? I didn't realize this. I've seen very little about details such as that.

Perhaps the unexpected location of the alleged shooting is related to building up the courage to deal with the announcement about embezzlement and resignation from Law?

It looks like the address of the alleged shooting is at the church. What if he shot his wife and son for insurance money, his father dropped dead upon realizing what happened, he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, the ruse was up, so he imagined that being shot on the side of the road would direct attention towards a hit on the entire family and get him a bottle of oxycodone?

Moselle to Charleston, his destination 1 hour and 42 minutes away.

Closer to home, it appears that the location where he was shot is not on the direct route to Charleston.
It does appear that he pulled off the road at the church.
This video shows AM had driven maybe a quarter mile past the church before pulling over to the side of the road. As the News camera pans the car scene, you can see the church just past the taped off area of AM’s car.
Alex Murdaugh 'conscious and talking' after gunshot injury in Hampton County

Last edited:
If the kennel is right next to the house, and the bodies were left in plain sight between the house and the kennel, that seems bold.

That means that there was no attempt to delay discovery of the bodies, or to buy time for the shooter to getaway? If there's one thing I've come to expect after reading about murders like this, it is that murderers usually factor in maximizing getaway time - where possible.

Since his wife and son were marched out of the house to a location where they were shot, why next to the driveway? Why not some distance away in the trees? Why not delay the discovery of the bodies? Why wasn't Alex concerned that the shooter was still in the house?
BBM
Where were you able to locate confirmation “wife & son were marched out of the house to a location where they were shot,” if you dont mind me asking. I’ve been following the case closely, but certainly missed that huge detail. Moo TIA

Last edited:
The law firm, Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth Detrick will act swiftly because of the news of embezzlement.

I can see a partner being bought out and a new title for this law firm.

They have two other offices and they may have already bought a new building.

The building in Hampton likely belongs to the Murdaughs and I'm only speculating that it is still in their name.

This is a huge blow to the law firm and they will be doing major housekeeping/cleaning house.

Their P.R. person/team must be working overtime.

The 911 call was unusual to me in that AM didn’t seemed concerned about the shooter(s) still being in close proximity. Dark, rural, 2 family members dead on the ground….. I’d been scared to death shooter was still around. MOO

The law firm, Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth Detrick will act swiftly because of the news of embezzlement.

I can see a partner being bought out and a new title for this law firm.

They have two other offices and they may have already bought a new building.

The building in Hampton likely belongs to the Murdaughs and I'm only speculating that it is still in their name.

This is a huge blow to the law firm and they will be doing major housekeeping/cleaning house.

Their P.R. person/team must be working overtime.

The missing millions must be from client trust accounts, etc. not from the monies that were designated as law firm profits. Too much missing for that, imo.

On June 11th she wrote:

Spot on.

Moo

I’m thinking the audit was already in process. It’s beyond client trust accounts as those are very closely monitored due to ethical requirements with large law firms. It’s an unfortunate situation for sure, but one that occurs so often.

Next? There was no shooter of AM. And we will see a strong connection of his actions to the murders.
All MOO of course.

There should be a statement by LE today regarding the investigation into his “shooters.” Has anyone seen this yet?

off to work… there are some ethical attorneys out there

I agree and there is a possibility that someone else there helped him. JMO
Agree! Someone at the firm definitely had knowledge and (imo) assisted. Difficult for 1 man to misappropriate that kind of $$ single handed. Moo. I’ve only caught a bookkeeper embezzling several thousand from an oil company. Millions are above my pay scale o_O

The two guns, and Alex’s alleged alibi, are the reasons why I’ve always felt a contract hit was the most probable scenario.

Certain things bothered me about the call as well, but not enough to move the needle one way or the other.

When the events of yesterday occurred, I said to myself, “these are the actions of a desperate man.”

At the time, I connected it to Stone’s recusal, which indicated a conflict of interest (and tells us something).

Today’s events shift the reason, but not what i think it was.

I have felt "contract kill" from day one. I just feel that the power was and always was in Randolph III.

So, i wonder what communication was had between the dying father and the other two sons, around all these incidents.

I am certain there is a family dynamic through the decades, that shows how each son lived under Randolph.

Alex is a desparate man on an island right now.. Who is going to look out for him? Is he afraid for his own life, or is he just going to cover up as much as he can right now with the "rehab behind closed doors"......

moo moo moo...of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member