SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your convenience and study, I just added some early photos of the June 7 Moselle crime area on the media thread. A close study may provide new insights now that we have the 911 recording and a lot of discussion and speculation has ensued.

Just fyi, I feel like there is an area of gravel in front of the sheltered kennels that looks just slightly darker than the rest. It's toward the cages and field end of kennels, also where in one photo you see a few investigators talking several yards away.

I am still finding it difficult to see how AM came driving in -- study the path he most likely would have driven around the red-roof bldg and starting across the grass -- and would have seen their bodies near the kennels. It doesn't seem likely. This is what I keep going over and over in my mind -- the aerials v. the 911 recording.

Same here, I can't figure how he came upon them, nor what he meant in the 911 call by 'I've just been up there' - where did he go to make the call, why did he go 'up there' if he had no reason to suspect something had happened, since he said no one was supposed to be at the house? Why did they redact parts of the call? So many danged questions.

I've been curious about why they were at that location at 9 PM. Could someone please put a mark at the kennel location. I'm looking for confirmation that I understand it correctly. Thx

This is the property

View attachment 312135

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Map

These are the building footprints.

View attachment 312133

bottom of the page
qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Report: 123-00-00-002.000
You can't see the kennels in this picture. They're under the trees on the down side (in your picture) of the red roofed building.

Attachments

• U23FO66ULFEQ3IQPFMHM6Q3XLA.jpg
    U23FO66ULFEQ3IQPFMHM6Q3XLA.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 36
Completely off topic, please take a moment to honor the 911 victims. I was in manhattan at the time and my husband dodged the jumpers to make it to safety. Rest in peace my friends from the 103rd floor of the north tower...

South Carolina (with the exception of this case) seems like heaven to me tonight...G-d bless us all.
OT: I'm so glad your husband made it out safely. What a horrendous experience to have lived through. My thought are with those who were unable to make it out or who perished on flight 93 and their families tonight. And yes, God Bless us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I read something about Paul keeping the student apartment but living mostly elsewhere for Summer. If he was last seen at the apartment, and the apartment door was found open, does that mean he left willingly, unwillingly, forgetful?

Next thing is he was unexpectedly dead at the wrong place, so why was he there and why didn't he lock his apartment? Why was Maggie at Moselle? Where was she before she was unexpectedly there?
IIRC he had a roommate also.

THIS is what was initially reported concerning the Good Samaritans:

Griffin also said two Good Samaritans found Murdaugh injured at the scene and took him in their car. Murdaugh called 911 from the car. The two people delivered Murdaugh to an ambulance further down the road, he said. From the ambulance, he was then airlifted to Savannah.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254109318.html#storylink=mainstage_card2

So the Good Samaritans arrived on the scene at just the right moment. AM must have reached inside his car for his phone because blood was found there and LE has sent it in for testing, according to news reports.
From the safety of the rescue car, AM called 911. The two people then delivered the victim further down the road to an ambulance, and from there he was airlifted in the chopper.

*The bottom line is solicitors know better than to leave the scene of a crime. AM could have safely waited for the ambulance in the Good Samaritans' car.
*Superficial wounds don't require choppers.
*There is no explanation that can justify AM's own knife causing the tire damage in this incident.
This story… Good Samaritans pick up a guy who’s been shot in the head, at least grazed/bleeding from the head… and they don’t call 911 for him? He calls himself?
As usual, we are missing a whole lot of info. And what we do have is likely, at least partially, incorrect. But as it stands, I would call these Average Samaritans. Or more likely Planned Samaritans.
MOO

This story… Good Samaritans pick up a guy who’s been shot in the head, at least grazed/bleeding from the head… and they don’t call 911 for him? He calls himself?
As usual, we are missing a whole lot of info. And what we do have is likely, at least partially, incorrect. But as it stands, I would call these Average Samaritans. Or more likely Planned Samaritans.
MOO
I'm actually thinking they were known to him, even called there by him. AJMO

I know this is difficult to hear, especially with the 911 operator speaking….but I’d like to know what my fellow sleuths hear Alex Murdaugh say to Paul in the 911 call from Moselle.

The audio is actually better for me on Mandy Matney’s podcast, but I’ve included the same audio from the Island Packet for verification.

To me it sounds like he says, “For God sakes, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?”
Mandy’s podcast 5:32 mark
Island Packet 2:09 mark
Thoughts?

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: Who Killed Maggie & Paul? Part One on Apple Podcasts

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED releases 911 audio in Murdaugh homicides
No I can’t hear that at all on either one I’m afraid

How does this jive with AM saying he looked away, heard a gunshot and the car sped away? It doesn't, IMO.

"Police say they found at least seven shell casings at the scene."

Authorities investigating after Alex Murdaugh was found shot in the head | WCBD News 2

Yes the Baptist church did have cameras and SLED has the footage.

"Video cameras from St. John’s Baptist Church, just a few hundred yards from the scene, could reveal more about the incident. According to NBC News, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division has now obtained that video footage, but the agency has not said what, if anything, is on it."

Alex Murdaugh attorney doubles down: Shooting wasn’t self-inflicted | WSAV-TV
Right… and do you think he is implying that it’s the shot he heard that hit him? Bc if he was shot, the one that hit him was unlikely to be that first one -given his description, imo. I think an accurate account of that would be more akin to: I felt a piercing pain in my head and then heard a gunshot. Or maybe just leaving out “hearing” it altogether and saying the guy shot him. Jmo

Wow! Thanks for your input and confirmation. I think that’s really important if that is indeed what he’s saying.
Surely if that was the case, it would have been redacted as ‘material fact’ because it would be exceptionally critical to the investigation and many other areas of the 911 call have been redacted? JMO

I heard that he's suspected of dipping into trusts supervised by the law firm, and not the funds of the firm itself. That's even worse, if it's true.
It is hard to believe that he didn't have some help from others in the firm or the bank, if he took that much over the 3 years.
I used to work for my Dad's law firm--4 partners in the firm. They had a lot of large trusts coming in from big settlements for PI claims and Medical Lawsuits etc.

There was ALWAYS more than one signature needed to make any payouts from those funds. One person, even a lead attorney, was not able to transfer any cash out of anywhere into anywhere without another set of eyes. And if someone had tried to forge the papers, it still would have been picked up by the bookkeepers who constantly monitored the funds.

Because of so many regulations, concerning taxes and the division of payments and salaries, etc, everything had to be kept up to date. If a fund was suddenly short by even 20 or 30k, someone would have looked into it. Because they were constantly adding up the funds vs the payouts to keep track of everything.

I really think they had better look at whoever was in charge of the books at that firm. They had to be involved or they were not really up to the job. JMO

MOO

Not to mention, if you had just had a vehicle drive by and shoot you, would you really be so eager to hop into the next car full of "good samaritans"? Wouldn't you be terrified of the next car that drove by you?! You would.

100 yards would be 300 feet. That's interesting, because 300 feet is not near the kennels. It would be in between the house and kennels, but closer to the house.

Distance from house to kennel looks like 1000 feet, or 350 yards.

View attachment 312142

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Map

Another question - some reports state that Paul was shot with a shotgun, and Maggie was shot with an assualt rifle (above link), other reports reverse which weapon was used.

My understanding is Paul was shot with an assault rifle and Maggie was shot with a shotgun. Is that correct?

Where was AM when he made the 911 call? The dogs barking in the background make it sound like he (and the dogs) are inside.

'Good Samaritan' Drove a Bleeding Alex Murdaugh to the Hospital After Shooting, His Lawyer Says

He continued, saying, "In any event, when the Deputies arrived, Alex Murdaugh was not at the scene. He was picked up by a good Samaritan and who drove him toward the hospital."

Griffin says he does not know the identity of the "good Samaritan."

"They ultimately met up with the ambulance on the highway, where he was examined and because of the extent of his injuries, the EMTs call for him to be airlifted to the hospital. He had significant head trauma and there was blood at the scene, which is indicated by the evidence cones placed in the roadway. I understand that most of the cones mark blood.

"I presume that the deputy checked the no visible sign of injury on the incident report because he was not able to assess Alex since [Alex] had left the scene before the deputy arrived," he wrote.

'Good Samaritan' Drove a Bleeding Alex Murdaugh to the Hospital After Shooting, His Lawyer Says

He continued, saying, "In any event, when the Deputies arrived, Alex Murdaugh was not at the scene. He was picked up by a good Samaritan and who drove him toward the hospital."

Griffin says he does not know the identity of the "good Samaritan."

"They ultimately met up with the ambulance on the highway, where he was examined and because of the extent of his injuries, the EMTs call for him to be airlifted to the hospital. He had significant head trauma and there was blood at the scene, which is indicated by the evidence cones placed in the roadway. I understand that most of the cones mark blood.

"I presume that the deputy checked the no visible sign of injury on the incident report because he was not able to assess Alex since [Alex] had left the scene before the deputy arrived," he wrote.

Thought the same, “ well he’s not here so I don’t see any injuries”

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members