SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaz

chaz Well-Known Member

2. JRWoodwardMSW

JRWoodwardMSW Well-Known Member

Big fish, tiny pond!

3. JRWoodwardMSW

$10M will buy a lot of opiate. It will also pay for a lot of upkeep on money-draining properties. Strictly Cow Noise,at this point. But there’s definitely some ******** going on, so the Cow Noise (MOO) is flourishing!

4. JRWoodwardMSW

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
    you did your best, but it still doesn’t fit. <modsnip>
    You are referring to the ways things are done elsewhere, not the standard procedures in Murdaughland.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2021
  5. JRWoodwardMSW

I am “weary” of thee hole Murdaugh klan (sic). However, I am “wary” of this particular statement.

6. JRWoodwardMSW

The Colleton County deputies were BUSY? Doing what, arresting squirrels for trespassing?

7. Missing Susan

Missing Susan Active Member

Did MM work at the firm and might she have first discovered the misappropriation?

Same question for the eldest son.

8. JRWoodwardMSW

If you are LESS confused by this case, you aren’t paying attention!

9. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

I wonder what Perry Mason would think.

10. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I do hear that. Amazing that you caught that. I had to play it several times, but yes, that's what I hear. JMO

11. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I would think he'd have imparted to his lawyer or to his brother who passed it on to the spokesman-lawyer, something more along the lines of I looked away and there was a barrage of gunfire, there was numerous gunfire or I was hit and they kept firing. Not what he said which sounded very singular to me. I would think 7-10 shots would seem like a siege was occurring and would make a very big impression on a person and they'd certainty explain it that way to their very close brother. It just doesn't ring true how it's being explained. AJMO

12. sunshineray

13. sunshineray

I'd be hiding in the woods calling 911!

14. sunshineray

IIRC SLED has said one of the guns used was a Murdaugh gun. I can't remember exactly which news I read it on an I gotta tell you trying to find specific things is getting harder and harder as google is getting jammed with ALL these different things going on!! I just spent 15 min searching it every which way...I know I read it somewhere.

15. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

16. sunshineray

Taken from your link...

It would seem battle lines have been drawn.

"HCSO sent out a revised report, this time with the box beside "visible injury" checked off. The words "other major injury" were added next to "visible injury."

"Griffin told PEOPLE that Alex suffered "an entry and exit wound, a skull fracture, and minor brain bleeding in two places."

"Griffin also said that Alex's injuries were far more serious than was initially reported."

vs.

"On Monday, after being released from the hospital, where Alex was treated for "a superficial gunshot wound to the head," according to SLED."

I want to see Corporal Henderson's incident report as he may have been the only LE officer to see AM before he left.

"Corporal (Kendrell) Henderson met with the victim before he was flown out."

That's if he was allowed to make one. Is he Hampton, Colleton or Varnville officer?

17. MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood On Time Out

18. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

Here’s the link. This was very informative.

19. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Alex Murdaugh, according to the letter obtained by the newspapers through a Freedom of Information Act request, assisted his father, Randolph Murdaugh III, who served as solicitor from 1987 to 2005, in prosecuting cases out of retirement.

Murdaugh is a personal injury lawyer with Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth Detrick, based in Hampton.

He was “never” an employee in the Solicitor’s Office and has not been paid, the letter said.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252202748.html

20. 4mouse

4mouse Well-Known Member

When forensic accounting is done, especially when looking for stealing, often the audit will go back up to 3 years possibly because statute of limitations on filing a charge can only go back 3 years. Also companies usually carry Fiduciary Bond Insurance on company directors. These policies cover losses as a result of embezzlement by the bonded individuals on the policy. The policies usually will only cover $ stolen in the prior 3 years.
    My past homeowners association was victim to embezzlement and a forensic audit and recompense only went back 3 years for those reasons. The actual embezzlement went on far longer but the cost of auditing for further years didn’t pay as there would be no further $ to recover or charges to be filed beyond 3 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.