SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find it strange that AM had no dash cams in his vehicles, especially after his family appeared targeted. We have dash cams forward and aft in every one of our vehicles after our son was almost killed in an accident. Just wouldn't want the perp to get away. In fact, the dash cam that came with his car absolved our son of any guilt whatsoever in his accident.

That Mercedes DEFINITELY has multiple cameras. There are photos on Facebook of MM buying the Mercedes new at a dealership just several months before her death. Late model Mercedes all have about 20 cameras around the body that stitch together an image so it looks like an aerial view of the car on the screen and you can see everything that is around all sides of the vehicle. I’m just not sure how long it retains the footage, if at all.

That Mercedes DEFINITELY has multiple cameras. There are photos on Facebook of MM buying the Mercedes new at a dealership just several months before her death. Late model Mercedes all have about 20 cameras around the body that stitch together an image so it looks like an aerial view of the car on the screen and you can see everything that is around all sides of the vehicle. I’m just not sure how long it retains the footage, if at all.
Those NY retired detectives on that Off The Cuff video said those Mercedes also have a button to press for 24 hr road assistance! You press it, they answer, you tell them the problem, they send help to you.

One of the detectives also said he has those run flat tires and he's driven many miles to get home or a service station after a flat warning came on. Once a piece of rebar was even knocking around inside the tire and he still drove to help.

Wow!

Amen to all of that. Definite cause for suspicion and pressure if those who should be investigating because things don't add up don't appear to be doing enough of it.

You mentioned in an earlier post that AM and BM had moved in with RM-IV in Hampton. I was not aware of that, but was distracted by personal events away from this case for a bit. Do you remember where you heard or saw that?

Somewhere in Thread #5, I think.

I thought it was pertinent to the location of the car and the stated objective of the trip.

I'm a little skeptical about the oxycontin abuse story. It fit's so neatly into the goings on.

If, and this is only IF, AM was to be arrested for the murders of MM and PM, then this would help set up a diminished capacity defense because he was under the influence of medication / drugs, etc. Hard to prove one way or another.

Just layin' that out here.

I'm a little skeptical about the oxycontin abuse story. It fit's so neatly into the goings on.

If, and this is only IF, AM was to be arrested for the murders of MM and PM, then this would help set up a diminished capacity defense because he was under the influence of medication / drugs, etc. Hard to prove one way or another.

I'm also skeptical about the oxycontin. If he said booze, I'd be more apt to believe it. I think he said oxycontin because it's a sympathy play. Lots of people from all walks of life with Rx problems. It might go over better in their social circle or good old boy network to be hooked on Rx drugs than just not being able to handle your booze.

I agree about the diminished capacity establishment. Getting that out to the public right away.

I think this is starting to come together for me.

I wonder if the eldest son is in contact with his dad and supportive of his rehab?

All of the above is MOO.

I'm also skeptical about the oxycontin. If he said booze, I'd be more apt to believe it. I think he said oxycontin because it's a sympathy play. Lots of people from all walks of life with Rx problems. It might go over better in their social circle or good old boy network to be hooked on Rx drugs than just not being able to handle your booze.

I agree about the diminished capacity establishment. Getting that out to the public right away.

I think this is starting to come together for me.

I wonder if the eldest son is in contact with his dad and supportive of his rehab?

All of the above is MOO.

I believe Alex and his son Buster were living with Randy Murdaugh, Alex's brother in Hampton after the murders at Moselle.

Buster has enough to deal with. I think he needs to be left out of the discussions.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defense like that work, at least in a first degree murder case (which I’m sure this is).

Although I have no reason to believe the drug addiction is not true, I believe it was used as an excuse to explain his embezzlement.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defense like that work, at least in a first degree murder case (which I’m sure this is).

Although I have no reason to believe the drug addiction is not true, I believe it was used as an excuse to explain his embezzlement.

But this is (was) Murdaugh country.

There was enough Murdaugh influence in the death of Mallory Beach to get the arrest and felony charges of "boating under the influence causing death" dropped for Paul M as somehow the driver of the boat was changed from Paul M to "not sure".

* edited to correct the exact charges PM was originally charged with

After reading through the thread this afternoon something came to my mind. Why in the world would the "partners" feel the need to go to scene where AM was shot last week and tell LE about the company business and him leaving the firm? To me that wouldn't be relevant to AM getting shot unless they thought it was self inflicted. JMO

If AM was living with Randy and Randy was surprised about the drug addiction, like he said in his statement, he's not very observant. Not sure I'm buying either story.

Last edited:
I think the reason for the two guns is that there were in fact two shooters.

It’s just not normal criminal behavior to use two weapons like that. The rifle would have been more than enough firepower.
I agree but if it's going to be staged, I would think having 2 rifles used would muddy the waters. There are people close to the case that were 'alone' for a period during the crimes, IIRC.

Thanks for that info. I think if a tire is being changed or the car messed with in any way, the cameras trigger on. At least my son's does. Son's cameras detect movement close to car.

This story… Good Samaritans pick up a guy who’s been shot in the head, at least grazed/bleeding from the head… and they don’t call 911 for him? He calls himself?
As usual, we are missing a whole lot of info. And what we do have is likely, at least partially, incorrect. But as it stands, I would call these Average Samaritans. Or more likely Planned Samaritans.
MOO
Or the same Sams who grazed his head first before driving him off? Nothing would surprise me at this point. Would love to hear what SLED found from the cameras at the church. My suspicion is not much. YMMV

so if my spouse and one of my children were murdered on my property ...outside in the dark with no robbery of my home, no car stolen, no animals taken..well to me that would be a hit on my family.
I would be terrified for my safety and that of my remaining family members!
I would not be roaming around a fishing tournament out in the open like a sitting duck a few weeks later.
just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member