SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

There is ZERO chance that an established attorney did not 'fully understand' the terms of a contract he signed which would pay out $10million upon his demise.
    Z
    E
    R
    O

2. LotusPawprint

LotusPawprint Moderately-known member

The spokes-lawyer then said that AM 'wrote checks for most of this'.

I need to see those checks on the off chance that next to MEMO, he wrote 'drugs'.

3. raja

raja Well-Known Member

I don't buy the attempted suicide story at all. I still think it was a better story than what actually happened.

4. MaisieBella

MaisieBella Well-Known Member

5. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Sept 4th feelin bad....uhh-hh...called my opiod buddy...uhhh-hhh...asked him to shoot me so my son can be rich...uhh-hhhh...he missed, I went blind, called me a helicopter to give me a ride...uhh-hhhhh...had a couple of brain bleeds and a fracture, got out of hospital in a day and a half and went to rehab...UHH-HHHHHH....oh btw I know who killed my wife and son months ago and my attornies are investigating it....ohhhhh ok...ummm should we just tell SLED they can go home then?

6. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

7. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

8. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

In the video Harpootlian says:

1. "He believed that the insurance policy had a suicide inclusion."
    Why did he use the word "believed"? Sounds like the policy actually has a suicide exclusion? I think AM would know very well what the terms of the policy were. He's an expert at insurance.

2. When the interviewer asked how anyone can be expected to believe the story that the shooter missed, Harpootlian says, [paraphrasing here]: "This Monday was the first time I and Jim Griffen had a chance to speak with Alex when he was off opioids."
    [implying now the story is the truth and previous lies were due to opioid use. ] Sheesh!

3. "Then last week it was uncovered that he had perhaps, well not perhaps, converted some client and law firm money for his own use. And again, spent most of that on opioids."
    This seems to confirm that AM embezzled from both clients and the law firm. But...opioids, opioids, opioids. It's not Alex, it's the opioids.

Alex Murdaugh accused of arranging own shooting in $10M life insurance scheme

9. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I admit that I didn’t dive too deeply into finances until I read the part about the 10 million life insurance payout. I figured that 10 mill wouldn’t be all that much to such a wealthy family, for the kid to have to survive the rest of his life. Common folk, more than one could ever dream. But this family? I figured they were worth much more. Come to find out, maybe not so much. What’s the deal on them?

10. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

ITA, plus it's not going to look good for his Senate position. IMO

11. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

SLED here. Packin' it up, Boss. Seems like you got it under control.

12. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

I want to hear the suicide/murder/insurance 911 call. JMO.

13. Derph

Derph Well-Known Member

14. MaisieBella

MaisieBella Well-Known Member

Brilliant! LOL!

15. Campizi67

Campizi67 Well-Known Member

This actually makes sense to me. I am familiar with quite a few wealthy families, and in most cases the first steps usually taken by the wife is to immediately hire an attorney to seek out the financial situation/information. I obviously did not know MM but it is a common thing in these situations to figure out the "how much can I get" before the divorce papers are served.

Being that this family was so well known he could have received info of what MM was doing and hired a hit???

All my opinion of course.

16. raja

raja Well-Known Member

Did he put CES on the payroll and the firm ended up paying for his drugs?

17. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

BBM- Laying the foundation

18. girlhasnoname

I think AM is going to jail for a long time. The M's may have been able to sweep their abuse of power in a small county under the rug, but the Nation's attention is now on this case and there is no way they can plug all the holes in their sinking boat. Rightly so.

MOO

19. girlhasnoname

20. Campizi67

Campizi67 Well-Known Member

This actually makes sense to me. I am familiar with quite a few wealthy families, and in most cases the first steps usually taken by the wife is to immediately hire an attorney to seek out the financial situation/information. I obviously did not know MM but it is a common thing in these situations to figure out the "how much can I get" before the divorce papers are served.

Being that this family was so well known he could have received info of what MM was doing and hired a hit???

All my opinion of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.