SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in banking for many years. Where would AM get the cash? From a bank. Cash transactions are more suspicious than other types. Cash transactions are closely watched. Too many questions are asked of cash transactions. The IRS among others wants to know all. More and more banks are requiring ID to make a cash deposit. Am I remembering correctly that CES owned a trucking company? He probably made up an invoice to go along with the checks and deposited them into a business account. In recent years drug dealers have been using Venmo and other payment apps. Those are being watched now as well.
Whenever I buy millions of dollars worth of drugs I like to pay in gold krugerrands. There's just something irresistibly iconic about thousands of coins of bullion. They should check his Amazon account to see if he bought any big piratey treasure chests. That's how they could catch me.

I just really hate the fact that he gets to turn himself in, as opposed to being taken into custody immediately.

I hope he doesn’t do anything stupid in the meantime.

Why does he get to turn himself in? Just like Paul had some privileges in his case, this seems to be congruent entitlement.

It’s convenient that he is turning himself in before they announce the ‘possible’ murder suspect.

Why does he get to turn himself in? Just like Paul had some privileges in his case, this seems to be congruent entitlement.

It’s convenient that he is turning himself in before they announce the ‘possible’ murder suspect.
I hope he turns himself in expecting to be charged with just the shooting escapade, and then gets hit with murder charges.

That would warm my heart.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: First Day Of Reckoning For Alex Murdaugh Draws Nigh

Arrest warrants have been issued for the influential South Carolina attorney at the heart of the unspooling ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga – with his impending surrender scheduled for sometime Thursday (September 16, 2021) in Hampton county, according to his attorneys.

News of Alex Murdaugh’s impending surrender to answer for the first round of charges he is likely to face was first reported by Cody Alcorn of Fox Carolina.

“Tomorrow will be the first step in the pursuit of justice for many victims in the Lowcountry,” a source familiar with the multiple investigations involving Murdaugh and his associates told me late Wednesday.

The first of many steps, it would appear, judging by the depth and complexity of the criminal web currently unraveling …

I was referring to AM's personal bank accounts -- not the law firm's bank accounts. 12 CFR § 21.11 - Suspicious Activity Report.
My niece works at the bank where I have my accounts. She filled out a form and made me give an explanation for 2000.00 in cash I deposited on a Friday because I had deposited close to the same amount the prior three Fridays. She said doing that established a pattern that the bank has to report to the IRS. She knew full well where it came from since her mother works with me, but the IRS wants to know. Cash is closely monitored.

JMO

Whenever I buy millions of dollars worth of drugs I like to pay in gold krugerrands. There's just something irresistibly iconic about thousands of coins of bullion. They should check his Amazon account to see if he bought any big piratey treasure chests. That's how they could catch me.

I think I will start using Bitcoin for my own freight-sized opioid purchases. But let me seek the counsel of my prestigious financial advisor to be sure.

He’ll be arrested for the first- but maybe not the last time tomorrow— Alex Murdaugh will turn himself in after alleged suicide plot with $10M insurance payout
https://twitter.com/jmonkatthestate/status/1438306044938235906?s=21

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254276348.html

Hampton lawyer Alex Murdaugh plans to turn himself in to law enforcement on Thursday after police obtained an arrest warrant to charge him with conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, his lawyer said.

Murdaugh is expected to leave an out-of-state drug rehabilitation clinic on Thursday and voluntarily surrender in Hampton, according to his lawyer Jim Griffin.

Griffin said they learned Wednesday that the S.C. Law Enforcement Division obtained a warrant for Murdaugh’s arrest.

“The arraignment and bond hearing will be held at 4 p.m. at the Hampton County Magistrate Court,” Griffin said.

Murdaugh’s lawyer did not disclose which drug treatment facility Murdaugh was staying in.

This statement in the article:
In response, Murdaugh’s lawyers Jim Griffin and Dick Harpootlian released a statement saying that Murdaugh was pushed to suicide by many people feeding his addiction to opioids.

They allege that people were taking advantage of Murdaugh’s drug addiction for over 20 years and that Smith was one of those people.

This opinion might make me the odd gal here, but I can see how this could be accurate. It could be possible this statement isn’t about the physical pills and actual consumption. It could be about once again, his reputation pride and ego. It could be possible for 20 years he hid this, and in those years his reputation and true self was threatened to be exposed. Could this have led to band aid after band aid of him attempting to keep things covered up? To do things to keep his true self from being exposed? Eventually band aids can’t stop the bleeding, lies and nefarious decisions get bigger and bolder as one attempts to keep things hidden.

Tiff are you saying it's going to be the "I was on drugs at the time Your Honor so please excuse everything I did." defense?

He’ll be arrested for the first- but maybe not the last time tomorrow— Alex Murdaugh will turn himself in after alleged suicide plot with $10M insurance payout
https://twitter.com/jmonkatthestate/status/1438306044938235906?s=21

Hampton lawyer Alex Murdaugh plans to turn himself in to law enforcement on Thursday after police obtained an arrest warrant to charge him with conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, his lawyer said.

Murdaugh is expected to leave an out-of-state drug rehabilitation clinic on Thursday and voluntarily surrender in Hampton, according to his lawyer Jim Griffin.

Griffin said they learned Wednesday that the S.C. Law Enforcement Division obtained a warrant for Murdaugh’s arrest.
Will he actually be there? I highly doubt it

Murdaugh Murders: SLED Opens Investigation Into Housekeeper’s Suspicious Death In 2018

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) has opened a criminal investigation into the death of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield — who died suspiciously in 2018 following an alleged “trip-and -fall” incident while working at the Murdaugh’s home.

SLED officials said that they opened the investigation of Satterfield’s death “based upon a request from the Hampton County Coroner earlier today, as well as information gathered during the course of our other ongoing investigations involving Alex Murdaugh.”

On Wednesday, Hampton County Coroner Angela Topper requested that SLED — the same agency investigating the double homicide of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh — open an investigation into Gloria Satterfield’s death due to “inconsistencies” surrounding her death.

Satterfield’s death was not reported to the coroner at the time — nor did officials perform an autopsy, according to a letter Topper sent SLED.

On her death certificate, the manner of death said “natural,” which Topper said in the letter was not consistent to her with her injuries from a trip-and-fall accident.

Satterfield, 57, died on February 26, 2018 after she allegedly tripped on the steps at Murdaugh’s former home in Hampton, South Carolina. Gloria’s sons were told that the dogs caused her to trip and she suffered a traumatic brain injury.

What the he double hockey sticks! Cod listed as natural and no autopsy?

So with this new investigation of Sattersfield's death happening - I hope that they can determine more details about her 'fall'. Especially if it turns out that she did suffer from blunt force trauma to the head (causing a traumatic brain injury).

Because there have been allegations that SS's death was from a head wound, not a normal hit and run incident. Then again, that claim about it being initially deemed a gunshot wound, then changed hours later, is also a very intriguing avenue to explore.

Eta: correction, used the wrong initials.

Last edited:
Too funny.
Thanks. I'm glad to contribute some levity at this point. This case was actually the one that caused me to take a break from this site. Most users seem to be affected by terrible crimes against innocents, especially children. For me it was the realization that something so disgusting could be so deeply dug into the actual fabric of my nation, like a tick, most likely for generations. To see it duck back down under the murky surface like nothing would come of it. I am truly happy to watch this finally begin to fall apart and I am glad to join you all in the front row of the audience to see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member