SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by worm, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LotusPawprint

LotusPawprint Moderately-known member

Despite the video of AM being obstructed, brief, and from afar, he's moving well and all things considered, looks decent. Less than two weeks after being shot /grazed in the head and detoxing from 20 years of opioids

2. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

Up above this post are a couple closer-up videos where you can clearly see him, in a white shirt with blue on the back, hands cuffed in front of him.

3. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

Amazing, ain't it? :rolleyes:

4. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Kindness Matters

AM looks so thin. Maybe the pics I've seen of him heavier are old ones?

5. Lux et Veritas

Lux et Veritas Well-Known Member

In addition to not paying GS's sons the death settlement, it's like the Murdaughs wanted to erase her very existence. Screaming red flag. Hideous.

8paws, Marg from Oz, momsof3 and 14 others like this.
  6. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

7. JaimeInLA

JaimeInLA Team Juan

Is he? Or is he being paid by the “dynasty” to do other jobs and keep them hush-hush?

8. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Both??

8paws, Marg from Oz, ajaylee and 5 others like this.
  9. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

10. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Has AM had a chance to scream for his father yet? The old man is rolling over in his fresh grave, for sure. I don’t understand how AM can get into SO MUCH TROUBLE in the two years since the Mallory Beach death to now. His father was alive and well, much of that time. Brothers are alive. Where was everyone? Why weren’t they intervening? Telling AM, get help. Or do you need us. Something. Anything. And?
    That’s why I think family was in on this mess. Most, if not all of it. His father “fixed” the Paul problem. And MM divorce problem. He would not sit still for their family going down the tubes. I always thought it was one of the participants in the SS killing. But now, I’m leaning towards family clean up squad. It’ll come out in the wash. This runs deep. Run silent, run deep.

11. sunshineray

Yes thank you so much!

Marg from Oz and geevee like this.
  12. Steelhead

Steelhead Well-Known Member

I agree with you. It appears maybe he is being charged with a different insurance fraud case along with the conspiracy to commit insurance fraud. Two separate cases?

13. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Kindness Matters

Pink sneakers. Interesting.

14. sunshineray

Very, VERY deep...it's going to rock the state and beyond, IMO

15. sunshineray

OMgosh we're those pink? I thought red.

16. shefner

shefner Member Since 2008

Why would a drug dealer agree to kill someone for a life insurance claim in which he would gain absolutely nothing?
    Do these people really think we are going to believe that?

17. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    @RileyWJCL

JUST IN: Alex Murdaugh’s mug shot

misgrn, Colorado303, 8paws and 38 others like this.
  18. Mirandartv

Mirandartv Well-Known Member

In SC, if they are denied bond, or their bond is set too high, they can have another hearing to reconsider, and if they fail at that hearing, or the bond is still too high, they can request again as many times as they want, but they will only get a haring once every six months for bond reductions or denied bond.......unless they can get favors. (remember the "unless they can get favors" part. That will ALWAYS be the case down here.).

ETA: Once every six months, after the first one is heard and they lose. But still 6 months after the initial bond hearing, so if they get a hearing to reconsider a month after they go in, they get another hearing in 5 months and then every 6 months after that.

Sorry, I went to reply on my phone and that's not who I was meaning to reply to and now I can't find it on my phone again, but it was related to the bond hearings..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  19. Moma J

Moma J Well-Known Member

Too AM looking skinny. Maybe he lost his appetite from all the SH&T he’s done. Would be nice if his heart would lose that privilege and hate and do the right things in all areas with this saga. NO SUCH LUCK I don’t imagine. MOO

20. LotusPawprint

LotusPawprint Moderately-known member

I don't know exactly what anyone in this family has or hasn't done and it's hard to take any of their words at face value... With that said, assuming AM has had a drug problem for 20 years and if (IF) the attorneys can be believed when they say it's the first time they've ever seen AM sober, I cannot understand the brother saying he was shocked to learn AM used drugs.

In trying to empathize, I guess I can understand that the family wouldn't want to broadcast that he's an addict. I don't know if they are still trying to maintain the family's 'upstanding image' or don't want to admit they looked the other way. If he has an issue with drugs, it is so beyond the time for them to intervene, to be honest with AM and honest with themselves, stop enabling , stop excusing, and start reflecting on mistakes made, crimes committed, etc.

You know, if it helps AM, his family, his lawyers to attribute his past actions on drug use and that allows him to start to come clean and do right by the people he's hurt (financially and otherwise), so be it for now. It is the continued denials, straight up lies, the preoccupation with controlling the narrative that leads me to believe it is deeper and /or that they are maybe not capable or willing to be honest and that leads to WHY.

sorry, just my musings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.