SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^rsbm

Except how does this equate to the defenses opening of the family having dinner together prior to AM leaving to check on his mother -- and AM driving around the property with PM to check on the trees recently planted?

I'm thinking this is a questionable source. MOO
Good question. And, if the Uncle left his truck and took the father's car, why did he have to have Paul go get his truck and what was Paul supposed to do with the truck? Why wouldn't the uncle just drive the car back to the father's home and get his truck? Maybe the uncle can further enlighten us when he testifies.

Looking at the "hangar from the road. I think that's AM's brother with investigators. Wonder if this is when he's trying to help them find Maggie's phone?

60bfc8c07a34e.image.jpg
Yes!

I had to catch up. Thank you for the posts this afternoon. One point I would like to make - DH is part of the good ole boy system - he may have felt "pressure" to represent AM. There is no telling the degree and where the tentacles of power the M's have reached. ALL JMO. I live in SC.

I did not hear it today, nor before. I always questioned whether we all imagined that phrase. I am positive we heard the entire tape today -- so it must not have been there. MOO.
You and I both. That statement by AM has been speculated for months and I've never heard it-- even with headphones! JMO

^^rsbm

Except how does this equate to the defenses opening of the family having dinner together prior to AM leaving to check on his mother -- and AM driving around the property with PM to check on the trees recently planted?

I'm thinking this is a questionable source. MOO
Opening statements are not evidence.

Good question. And, if the Uncle left his truck and took the father's car, why did he have to have Paul go get his truck and what was Paul supposed to do with the truck? Why wouldn't the uncle just drive the car back to the father's home and get his truck? Maybe the uncle can further enlighten us when he testifies.
We have been at this for so long so I can't locate a link for you, but there was something about JMM asking Paul to drive his truck so that JMM could use Libby's car to take her to the doctor. She couldn't step up into the truck. MOO.

I am sure the JMM's testimony will clarify this issue, but it may have to do with JMM's home being further away and the time that Paul was supposed to be at Moselle for the dove field inspection / dinner / or whatever he was really there doing before he was murdered. MOO.

Last edited:
We have been at this for so long so I can't locate a link for you, but there was something about JMM asking Paul to drive his truck so that JMM could use Libby's car to take her to the doctor. She wouldn't get into the truck. I am sure the JMM's testimony will clarify this issue.
Thanks.
Edit to add: It still doesn't make much sense to me since he already had Libby's car.

I mostly want to know which structure is the dog kennel In relation to all the buildings on the property. I’ll take a look at the media thread.

I posted a number of the photos and maps in the media thread and tried to label everything. I have not posted the latest diagram of the hangar, kennels and body location, nor the motion that includes the gruesome crime scene photos.

For some reason I can't link to that thread.

Could be a distance thing. Maybe the uncle wanted to drive straight home after driving down and back to Savannah hospital, but needed his truck for work first thing in the morning. Possibly PM was going to drive his uncle's truck to his uncle's home or business that night or first thing in the morning. Seems like the uncle was busy with the hospital trip and he wanted Paul's help. JMO.

Chanley Painter on CourtTV who was in the courtroom said that AM wasn’t shown the bodycam video and photos when the jury was shown. He just heard the audio like us.
You could see they had something to block the screen. IMO, it looked like the lid from a printer paper box but I'm sure it was probably something more technical.
Honestly, it kind of threw me off that he was able to block the screen instead of looking away, etc Then again there's a mugshot in street clothes and tic tacs so......

My thoughts from today's proceedings and my reactions to some or your thoughts/observations (in case you are interested, LOL):

I thought the discussion of how inaccessible Paul's pulse points would have been was interesting and important. Obviously his wrists were out -- IMO even if Alec tried to turn him over. From the testimony we heard, it sounds like it would have been difficult to access his carotid arteries in his neck (were they even in tact), another obvious place to check.

I already posted about the flip-flop tracks and care taker's tire tracks in close proximity. But in case you missed my post, I think Poot was trying to get people to connect them as in Cuzin Eddie's version of the motive for murder.

Was interested to learn that Duffy Stone's team might have taken photos in the hangar (of the flip-flop tracks) *and* possibly contaminated the evidence. Continue to be angry that Duffy Stone's team was even there!

Search warrant: looking forward to hear why the house wasn't' thoroughly checked since SLED / investigators were entitled to do that. If it was in the search warrant, someone must have considered it part of the crime scene. Wonder how that will be explained.

I am thinking Alec's tears *are* real -- no matter whether he is guilty or not he is under unimaginable pressure. What I am seeing in his facial expressions is mostly tension. I suspect the head bobbing and constant tic-tacs are mechanisms for self-soothing, and a certain amount of the tears are tension relief. There is also the possible reality that in the split seconds after the murders, he changed his mind. He was faced with very real horror of what he had done, which was nothing like his fantasies around financial freedom, buying time, gaining sympathy, etc.

Would love to hear your thoughts ...

P.S. My references to the testimony today are from listening to virtually the entire proceedings through the Law & Crime streaming.

Last edited:
Could be a distance thing. Maybe the uncle wanted to drive straight home after driving down and back to Savannah hospital, but needed his truck for work first thing in the morning. Possibly PM was going to drive his uncle's truck to his uncle's home or business that night or first thing in the morning. Seems like the uncle was busy with the hospital trip and he wanted Paul's help. JMO.
After thinking a bit I came up with the idea that perhaps the uncle wanted Paul to maybe open the uncle's business the next morning because he didn't know how long he would be tied up with the father's illness. There may have been important papers in the uncle's truck that needed to be at his place of business that next day. Paul may have been helping his uncle as you said.
jmo

No, his brother did, using Buster's phone. Supposedly, Buster had an app on his phone where he and his mom could keep track of each other. I think Paul had it, too.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/article259744360.html#storylink=cpy

ETA: John Murdaugh got Buster or AM to give him the password to Maggie's phone and the police opened it. JM left after that.
Yes, correct! That's how her found was recovered for LE!

I was thinking that, perhaps AM called her phone so he could locate it, in order to pitch it as he left the crime scene.

JMO

Interesting. I know they're not evidence, but it's interesting the defense is trying to plant a bit of false information onto the memory of the jurors.
We'll see what evidence is presented re everyone's whereabouts that day and early evening. I don't believe everything in news articles or opening statements. Sometimes attorneys allude to things in openings but later there is no evidence presented at trial. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong